KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu

Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu
Started by: REY1987

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I was talking in reference to how Kyo can scorch his opponents if he so pleased.

SF fanboys would tell you that ryu can based on absolutely nothing. at most capcom has said that ryu can badly burn with his shakuunetsuhadouken. meanwhile Kyo was about to "incinerate" yamazaki AND yashiro together because he lost it and started going all out. at least i have semblence of proof backing me up. KoFKYO being noncanon is bull because it wasn't a "Dream match" and it wasn't stated by SNK to be noncanon and it was made and based on the manga (KoFKYO), serves as the followup....on which SNK and Andy Seto worked together. just like KoFzillion. Andy Seto works for SNK unlike other manhua writers who just work unassociated with KoF but just have the license to do so.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 07:14 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

It also wasn't stated to BE canon... but you forget that fact, and thus you say "I'm using it because........ because it's cool!"

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 08:09 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

it wasn't stated to be noncanon either, which SNK always let us know if it is noncanon (98, 2002, XII). SNK don't really go around making a big deal about their story like Capcom does. they hired Andy Seto said, look here here's the SNK license and here's some money, please write us a comicbook on Kyo and we'll call it KoFKyo. then since it did pretty well, they called him again and said, look here, he's the SNK license and more money and now we're working on an RPG with Kyo in it which will be the follow up to the story you wrote which was based on the story we wrote which you then expanded.

KoFKYO the manga was semicanon. KoFKYO the game is a sequel the followup to that story. thus KoFKYO is at worst, semicanon and at best canon. and since its a game that SNK made themselves and there is no "dream match" or a disclaimer saying "it doesn't have a story" we can easily go around calling it canon since SNK clearly state when someting isn't canon (KoF2002, KoF98, KoFneoblood, KoFXII). in fact, SNK don't mention canonity but only NONcanonity, which simply means that everything is canon.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 01:41 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Honestly...Ryu walks all over my ace and I doubt Ryu will even have to put full effort into it. It'll kinda be a warm up for Sagat. Kyo aint weak but he's far from bullet proof, bullet dodgin', boulder liftin' and super sized chi blast.

But that's just me bein' real. JUST WHAT I THINK as in me and no one else.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 08:28 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Ironically, they never slated SVC Chaos as non-canon...... Chalk up a testament to Sado being wrong, again...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:10 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REY1987
nice to hear from you...... DUDE!

Right back at ya DUDE DUDE!

Although, you sort of just repeated what you have said before but anyways, ill reply something different to keep everyone interested.

WTF are you talking about? how did I reapeat myself?

first off, YES! they pamper him because he is worth pampering!
At least he changes his clothes every once in a while for god sake. again a game, a movie, a story, a cartoon, every piece of freakin' fiction needs a protagonist. and kyo as a protagonist is better than RYU in every sense. That is why they kiss his B.U.T.T and Ryu's in that case is too smelly to do so.....

Yes they do pamper him more than any other character as it would seem and it sucks.

second, ok so what even if he was the main character of the ANIMES, in order to correct you.... The movies were not 'american' they were "international" and when speaking worldwide nobody gives a pig's Arse about a jobless, homeless, duffle bag carrying hobo, who happens to be JAPANESE .... AND wearing the same attire since ages. (though in animes it works... actually everything does. even pikachu... :P)

Really? tell that to the contless and hordes of Ryu fans. I never claimed I was a Ryu mark but seems you are getting bent out of shape seeing the name calling. I have alot of things I want to call Kyo...

[QUOTE=12102538]Originally posted by REY1987
Third, who ever beni and GORI!?!?! are.... tell them that Kyo already has two good team members called 'benimaru' and 'goro'[sarcasm]
and they were not there when:

I WAS JUST SHOWING YOU that Benimaru and Goro were teammates...it's not like Kyo did this sh!t all by himself as well it took him Iori and Chizuru to deafeat Orochi but YET he somehow gets all the credit. UNDERSTAND?!

if u love Ryu so much than try to prove it..... dont just say ryu will win.... prove it or go crying to capcom asking them to re-design ryu's character as someone like dante.... because that is the level kyo is at.....

Okay you need to tone down your phucking attitude... obvisiously you seem to be a Kyo lover and I never said anywhere I was a "Ryu lover" okay jack? I said I think Ryu will win due to his experience

P.S. Did u know! KFC is made with the help of 'FIRE' or 'FLAMES' so anyone wielding enough fire can make KFCapcom anytime.....

no expression

Originally posted by Sado22
it wasn't stated to be noncanon either, which SNK always let us know if it is noncanon (98, 2002, XII). SNK don't really go around making a big deal about their story like Capcom does. they hired Andy Seto said, look here here's the SNK license and here's some money, please write us a comicbook on Kyo and we'll call it KoFKyo. then since it did pretty well, they called him again and said, look here, he's the SNK license and more money and now we're working on an RPG with Kyo in it which will be the follow up to the story you wrote which was based on the story we wrote which you then expanded.

KoFKYO the manga was semicanon. KoFKYO the game is a sequel the followup to that story. thus KoFKYO is at worst, semicanon and at best canon. and since its a game that SNK made themselves and there is no "dream match" or a disclaimer saying "it doesn't have a story" we can easily go around calling it canon since SNK clearly state when someting isn't canon (KoF2002, KoF98, KoFneoblood, KoFXII). in fact, SNK don't mention canonity but only NONcanonity, which simply means that everything is canon.

Those Andy Seto shIthole comics need to be burned at the stake.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 11:19 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Originally posted by I am who I am
Honestly...Ryu walks all over my ace and I doubt Ryu will even have to put full effort into it. It'll kinda be a warm up for Sagat. Kyo aint weak but he's far from bullet proof, bullet dodgin', boulder liftin' and super sized chi blast.

But that's just me bein' real. JUST WHAT I THINK as in me and no one else.

Ryu is not bullet proof. But if you're talking about satsui no hadou Ryu, then you're right.

super sized ki blast? You mean shinkuu hadouken and metsu hadouken huh? I can also said Kyo can made a pillar of flame and made a big explosion of flame.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:18 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Ironically, they never slated SVC Chaos as non-canon...... Chalk up a testament to Sado being wrong, again...

cuz it was called a "dream match". besides, they naturally assumed that since its a cross-over it don't need to be canon. nor can it.

quote:
Those Andy Seto shIthole comics need to be burned at the stake

zillion was good, foo mad

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 07:01 AM
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

WASSUP DUDE! {sarcasm}

WTF are you talking about? how did I reapeat myself?

|||AFTER ALOT OF BULLSH!T LATER.....|||

Okay you need to tone down your ||phucking|| attitude... obvisiously you seem to be a Kyo lover and I never said anywhere I was a "Ryu lover" okay jack? ||I said I think Ryu will win due to his experience||

YES YOU REPEATED YOURSELF MY FRIEND.... AND STILL I HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY. PROVE IT B.I.T.C.H ........

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 05:10 AM
REY1987 is currently offline Click here to Send REY1987 a Private Message Find more posts by REY1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

WASSUP DUDE! {sarcasm}

Suck ON THIS!(there's to your sarcasm)

|||AFTER ALOT OF BULLSH!T LATER.....|||

Oh PHUCKING PLEASE....

YES YOU REPEATED YOURSELF MY FRIEND.... AND STILL I HAVE THE SAME THING TO SAY. PROVE IT B.I.T.C.H ........

I ASK AGAIN HOW DID I REPEAT MYSELF A$$H.O.L.E?! was it cause I said Ryu has been around longer and due to experience and his non stop training

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 10:04 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

whatever DuDe..... result of the match.

kyo wins.... ryu loses...

cuz hanging your ass around for a longer time....doesnt earn you feats or skills and definitely not heritage and power......

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 10:31 AM
REY1987 is currently offline Click here to Send REY1987 a Private Message Find more posts by REY1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

You phail....

Read previous threads, Ryu has not lost. And for no other reason than to say "Kyo beats Ryu!" did you make this thread.

Now, Ryu has experience, discipline, raw skills, better reaction times and probably more raw speed, and way more physical power.

Kyo does edge out Ryu for some part in the energy department, but not by very much. And then, only because his ki manifests itself as copious amounts of flames. But Flames are nothing new to Ryu at all...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 03:22 PM
Sin_Volvagia

If we use the VS. series Ryu, he might have a chance. But that's non-canon.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 04:29 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu is not bullet proof. But if you're talking about satsui no hadou Ryu, then you're right.

super sized ki blast? You mean shinkuu hadouken and metsu hadouken huh? I can also said Kyo can made a pillar of flame and made a big explosion of flame.

1. Ryu's skin does not get harder when he uses the satsui no hadou...there is no evidence that Ryu can simply increase his durability by fightin' wit the intent to kill. Sounds pretty far fetched.

2. I have yet to see any of Kyo's moves reach the size or destructive power of Ryu's chi blast. Not even close.

This is just what I think, tho. IT'S MY OPINION. I'm not focin' you to think any different or sayin' what you think is wrong. I just added my two cents to the topic and that's all I would like to do.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 06:50 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Ryu has more physical power because he can lift boulder. But in term of striking feat, it's only metsu hadouken who blasted Seth away. However Kyo blasted his two friends just from a shockwave of his strike and he KO Orochi with his fist, and effortlessly parry an iron mast. So about striking feat I'll give it to Kyo.

In term of skill I think Kyo is better. Ryu has only 3 regular move + 3 beefed up moves in every SF series while Kyo has new moves or combination in almost every new KOF series. Also he had more moves than Ryu.

quote:

1. Ryu's skin does not get harder when he uses the satsui no hadou...there is no evidence that Ryu can simply increase his durability by fightin' wit the intent to kill. Sounds pretty far fetched.

2. I have yet to see any of Kyo's moves reach the size or destructive power of Ryu's chi blast. Not even close.

This is just what I think, tho. IT'S MY OPINION. I'm not focin' you to think any different or sayin' what you think is wrong. I just added my two cents to the topic and that's all I would like to do.

You can have your own opinion. I don't want to waste my energy just for a useless debate.

Last edited by Kirikaze Fuuma on Aug 1st, 2009 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 06:51 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Now, Ryu has experience, discipline, raw skills, better reaction times and probably more raw speed, and way more physical power.

ryu's 33 in SF3. now, i assume we're using this one as its their incarnations against the other. 33 years out of which he's spent only 10 proper fighting while the rest were sparing and dojodroking with ken in the moutians. that's 10 years of fighting experience. Kyo's been fighting for his phucking life since the Orochi saga began when he was 18...and things haven't quieted down for kyo since then. so, not only does kyo have to fight gods and demigods after his ass but he also has an isane iori trying to murder him. aside from SFa3 when was the last tme ryu's life was at stake in a fight? sfa2, he was fighting an akuma who was holding back. same goes for the one in that SF4 comic, assuming its canon. so no, mate, he aint got more experience. kyo's always fought at bad ods and with a lot on the stake.

discipline, lol. it doesnt prove squat. ryu's more disciplined than anyone in SF........but look what that got him.

raw skills: sorry mate, kyo takes the cake easy. he's a born natural with enough skill to topple his dad and be all-star japanese champ at 15 and 18 respectively. ryu's first championship win was at the age of 23

reacton time: you mean the bullets. for sake of arguments okay although the one time we saw it, the opponent was shooting a semiauto from several feet away

speed: kyo. what's the fastest thing ryu's done? its not like he outran the bullets. kyo literally makes quadruples of himself when he does the mu-shiki.

physical power: yeah, based on feats ryu takes this but NOT in striking power

quote:
Kyo does edge out Ryu for some part in the energy department, but not by very much. And then, only because his ki manifests itself as copious amounts of flames. But Flames are nothing new to Ryu at all.

but never incinerating flames mixed with insane striking force and someone whose faster than him and equally skilled if not more.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Aug 1st, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 10:28 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rey and PG: will you guys give it a rest already. stop this shit or i'll report (and get banned for doing so)

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 10:29 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by Sado22
Rey and PG: will you guys give it a rest already. stop this shit or i'll report (and get banned for doing so)

You know me Sado. I don't like to be insulted and that's just what the guy did in his first response to me.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 11:17 PM
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

yawn.....

wait...he said sumthing new finally...... smile

kyo still wins though... thanks sado for giving more analytical view on it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 05:20 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You know me Sado. I don't like to be insulted and that's just what the guy did in his first response to me

true but Lana doesn't know that or care to know. these days law&order means doing time for defending yourself and getting banned for reporting threads and resorting to flaming after 2 months of intense, sustained flames thrown your way but the mods being too dense to actually notice.
it's a nasty, unfair world. so you gotta keep your hands up sad

quote:
kyo still wins though... thanks sado for giving more analytical view on it

no probem mate. kyo rules! Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 06:43 AM