KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu

Kyo Kusanagi Vs Ryu
Started by: REY1987

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Kyo has fought a featless immortal.... thats it. Iori's vendetta has very little actually going for it TBH, Neither of these two holds a candle to Gouki, who Ryu has defeated twice.

That discipline garnered him wins where others failed miserably. Bison, Gouki, Alex, Hugo, impressing Oro... among other achievements .

Kyo has lost more than his share due to arrogance and lack of experience, Skills are built on training as much as any natural latent talents, Ryu also has latent talents.

Reaction time vs raw speed, The Mu Shiki is a ki attack more than anything else, if you want that path, Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki moves a LOT faster than Mu Shiki and strikes more than twice it's speed.

Striking power?! You are WAY off.... Where is Kyo's infamous striking power? No move he has comes close to the Shin Shoryuken in terms of impact power...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 04:16 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Kyo has fought a featless immortal.... thats it.

orochi, igniz, omega rugal, goenitz and even riot iori. not to mention mukai, magaki and regular Iori all of which were extremely tough fights in which he had his life on the line. please notice that Magaki and Mukai were not even phased by combined attacks from the trinity...something even Orochi couldn't stand up against in the past.
the number of times Kyo's been in life-and-death situations is WAY too many times against Ryu. ryu's only life and death moment was what? fighting a non-serious gouki?
come on, mate, you're blatantly denying a long string of deathmatches here.

quote:
Iori's vendetta has very little actually going for it TBH, Neither of these two holds a candle to Gouki, who Ryu has defeated twice

ryu's defeated non-serious gouki. and what makes you think kyo or iori can't. just cuz ryu beat him doesn't mean no one else can. and not to mention the MEGA PIS involved that you once again are pretending does exist. if laying out Orochi is PIS than no-comparable-feat ryu layng out several-tons-of-feats gouki is also PIS.

fact.

quote:
That discipline garnered him wins where others failed miserably. Bison, Gouki, Alex, Hugo, impressing Oro... among other achievements

dear lord, please don't bring up the bison fight as a feat for ryu. he was pwned by Bison. getting pwned is not a feat. and the whole shoryuken bit was also PIS or semi-PIS.
gouki, blatant PIS.
Alex, huh? when was beating n00bs a feat?
Hugo? well, heh heh, lets get into this one now. Hugo=no feat. ryu "won". winning no feat.
Oro? so he impressed him. Kyo impressed Goenitz who has better feats than Oro. oro's feat is what? lifting a rock?

quote:
Kyo has lost more than his share due to arrogance and lack of experience, Skills are built on training as much as any natural latent talents, Ryu also has latent talents.

proof?
goenitz schooled him but he did considerably better (since you seem to suggest losing fights is impressive then why not eh?) the second time around. in fact, as far as i know, Iori didn't save kyo's live as much as he helped him. there's no proof of kyo "is screwed without Iori" that i know of.

Ryu has natural talent but not as much as Kyo, who bums around for the most part but when he trains he makes progress by leaps and bounds....proof? KoF99 and KoF96.

quote:
Reaction time vs raw speed, The Mu Shiki is a ki attack more than anything else, if you want that path, Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki moves a LOT faster than Mu Shiki and strikes more than twice it's speed.

you're comparing two totally different moves. just compare their movement speed and you can easily tell that Kyo's faster. Plus, watch his fight against Iori in the KoF98 opening and the KoFzillion video. Kyo speed>Ryu speed. not to mention the insane hitting power kyo's displayed on more than one occassion...which ryu has yet to come close to.

quote:
Striking power?! You are WAY off.... Where is Kyo's infamous striking power? No move he has comes close to the Shin Shoryuken in terms of impact power...

and you're basing that of on what? in-game health? please mate.
kyo with a regular punch smacked Iori away at least 30 feat away, busted an IRON mast with effortlessy with a flame wave, brought down the entire NEST base in KoF99 and laid out Orochi. and if we bring in KoFzillion feats, then Kyo's shitting on Ryu from at least 3 stratusphere's higher phsyical ability and feats. aside from picking up a boulder and (never actually) dodging a bullet, ryu has...no...feats.

and if ryu can beat gouki, show me ONE REASON why kyo can't.

~Sado
P.S. you and i really can't live without arguing can we? although i assure you i intend to keep this civil.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 05:21 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REY1987
yawn.....

wait...he said sumthing new finally...... smile

kyo still wins though... thanks sado for giving more analytical view on it.

Phuck you...how's about that being somethin new? wink

Last edited by P-Geyser on Aug 2nd, 2009 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 08:19 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REY1987
Restricted

Account Restricted

hi...

thanks every one for making my thread such a big hit...... thanks to u too P-Geyser....but special thanks to sado....

i mean guys just look at sado's post.... they are extensive.... precise... full of poofs... with reasoning... background history... and knowledge...

while apparently who ever is supporting ryu.... has one or maximum two things to say.... with out any back ground proof.... i mean dark storm is the only one here...who said SOMETHING other than just prattling "RYU WILL WIN CUZ HE HAS -A random pun goes here-"

and even darkstorm.... PLEASE....... SF bosses cant even compare to KOF bosses.... and we all know that... and u are calling them featless immortals... DUDE! your reason is bullsh!t in itself.... u are calling them immortals yourself... and kyo hasnt just fought these immortals, but had beaten them as well..... since when did killing immortals became an easy thing.....

Moreover, KOF protagonists/characters/fighters have to fight against government size Organizations and religion size Cults..... just take one time for example.... when did Ryu escaped.... something like N.E.S.T and survived....

i mean cmon... ask yourself even u will not agree that ken can beat KYO or even benimaru... but ken has beaten ryu..... its doesnt matter when and where... canon ...non canon.... the thing is KYO is not just an ordinary martial arts fighter like ryu nor he has a humanoid muscular strangth like ryu or he does not need to manifest ki like ryu...

he is an orochi seal keeper... and in any story, game or anime he is like that... he doesnt have to turn into anything shin/riot or evil.... to topple the other opponent... the power vested in him is for the protection of the world from orochi... he doesnt use Ki... its in his genes to create and manifest flames..... so much so that they were able to build an army taht could conquer the world JUST out of those genes.... even HIS CLONES are as strong as Krizalid, K' and K9999 tell me can u picture Ryu beating krizalid.......

i asked it before im asking again...since when did RYU SAVED THE WORLD.... what does he have to do in his life... if he will die tomorrow in Capcom world... what difference would it make.....

But on the other hand the importance of Kyo's power and abilities can be seen in the ongoing KOF storyline because ash is after his seal now... and its the last one left.... kyo is irreplaceable, his power are not limited to certain move or level. he can raise it to any level to save the world. Kyo is definitely in a different league here guys....

While ryu has a replacement in the form of ken in the same GAME/STORYLINE!

so before saying.... that Ryu will beat Kyo.... tell yourself that KYO is defending the SNK world right now all by himself by keeping that seal....

and than!

ask yourself... what is ryu defending.... do we even need Ryu in street fighter.... if yes than for what.... what can he do that anyone else in the rest of the street fighter roster cant do.... what is the point of him being able to lift a boulder..... or dodge bullets.... when he cant even beat ken....

Kyo has it in his blood.... its divine...... earned through heritage.... trained through time.... and perfected by whooping asses of people like Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi, NEST, Mukai and Magaki.... he has defended the world countless times... while keeping up with literally everything else..... and not by wandering around....like the other stinking hobo we are talking about....

THANKS YOU FOR READING!
Rey

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2009 06:23 AM
REY1987 is currently offline Click here to Send REY1987 a Private Message Find more posts by REY1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
i mean guys just look at sado's post.... they are extensive.... precise... full of poofs... with reasoning... background history... and knowledge...

thanx dude.
and damn straight! finally a person who knows godly knowledge when he sees it. i've been giving facts and figures since i got here and challenged notions of how ryu lasting against akuma doesnt BY ANY MEAN that no one else can. the common trend for SF freedom fighters is that if ryu does something then ZOMG no one else can. bullshit. ryu has no feats compared besides picking up a boulder which bears nothing towards his performance or his striking power...and yet he beat regular Akuma. but lord, people with better feats can't beat Akuma? bull.

Sado>>KMC! Happy Dance

~Sado
P.S. you should check out my site! its below my sig! big grin

Old Post Aug 4th, 2009 05:22 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

A few important things & questions.
1.Rey1987 uses insults a bit too much. Reminds me of an ******* who got his dumbass banned a lil' before Rey showed up confused That ******* was always bitching about people posting the same thing also. One can get their point across w/out name calling. People have the right to disagree.

2. Hasn't this been done b4?

3. PG you gotta try not to hate Kyo so much. It kinda makes you come off as a hater who will pick Kyo to lose because of the hate you have for him. SNK is to blame since they can't seem to replace him w/people who don't suck. He gets treated the way he does because he is awesome, bloodbro.

4. Kyo & Ryu are both great heroes. To point to the movies not focusing on Ryu as proof that nobody cares about Ryu is megastupid. Those movies that didn't focus on Ryu have one major thing in common. That thing is failure. The only thing we're sure that people don't care about IS those movies. The SF movies that didn't fail focused more on Ryu. Ryu's story is a cool one that MANY people care a whole lot about.

5. Unsure of a winner, but I don't see how Kyo's gonna get past this PIS new power Ryu has in SF4.

6. How many people has Kyo solo'd(kicked their ass ALL by himself w/no help @all)?

Last edited by I-Drop on Aug 5th, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 04:49 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

....I JUST realized that you are brainchild81.

I've thought you were someone else for like....a year.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 05:09 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint. What finally gave it away then?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 05:17 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
1.Rey1987 uses insults a bit too much. Reminds me of an ******* who got his dumbass banned a lil' before Rey showed up That ******* was always bitching about people posting the same thing also. One can get their point across w/out name calling. People have the right to disagree.

who? confused

quote:
2. Hasn't this been done b4?

*shrug*

quote:
3. PG you gotta try not to hate Kyo so much. It kinda makes you come off as a hater who will pick Kyo to lose because of the hate you have for him. SNK is to blame since they can't seem to replace him w/people who don't suck. He gets treated the way he does because he is awesome, bloodbro.

people are too sensitive about certain charaters on both sides of the "control line"

quote:
4. Kyo & Ryu are both great heroes. To point to the movies not focusing on Ryu as proof that nobody cares about Ryu is megastupid. Those movies that didn't focus on Ryu have one major thing in common. That thing is failure. The only thing we're sure that people don't care about IS those movies. The SF movies that didn't fail focused more on Ryu. Ryu's story is a cool one that MANY people care a whole lot about.

well, i dont know too much about cool stories but ryu's popular as phuck and when someone's popular as phuck people automatically want more story for him or her.

quote:
5. Unsure of a winner, but I don't see how Kyo's gonna get past this PIS new power Ryu has in SF4.

arguable, because Ryu doesnt' seem to have control over it and as far as SF3 we don't see him use it again. it was just a brief glimpse of his full potential. i dont think i'd consider something that comes only 1% of the time as a reason why he'd beat Kyo. Kyo doesn't need PIS moves like those. about the only PIS with Kyo was his KO'ing Orochi...but since cats like to bring up ryu defeating gouki as a feat, despite its blatant PIS, i don't see why we should ignore Kyo's feat. generally,though, i'd prefer no one bringing up these blemishes.

quote:
6. How many people has Kyo solo'd(kicked their ass ALL by himself w/no help @all)?

Benimaru, Goro, Saishu, Athena, Orochi Chris and everyone he's beaten in the tournament to advance to the finals like he's been doing since KoF94.
the tricky bit is that beni and goro have always been around but they are barely that helpful.

~Sado

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 05:21 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Sado22
who? confused
Some banned ******* who insulted me personally 'cuz I diss rehash. He was a sock user also because he was also known as "feelgood"
Originally posted by Sado22
arguable, because Ryu doesnt' seem to have control over it and as far as SF3 we don't see him use it again. it was just a brief glimpse of his full potential. i dont think i'd consider something that comes only 1% of the time as a reason why he'd beat Kyo. Kyo doesn't need PIS moves like those. about the only PIS with Kyo was his KO'ing Orochi...but since cats like to bring up ryu defeating gouki as a feat, despite its blatant PIS, i don't see why we should ignore Kyo's feat. generally,though, i'd prefer no one bringing up these blemishes.
Has Ryu ever beat a serious Gouki?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 05:34 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Some banned ******* who insulted me personally 'cuz I diss rehash. He was a sock user also because he was also known as "feelgood"

dude, no one but me can diss you and live. i'm about the only person who's ever stalemated you laughing out loud

quote:
Has Ryu ever beat a serious Gouki?

no. but cats keep mentioning how no one but ryu can face up to non-serious gouki...besides, cats also like to suggest that it was non-serious gouki that busted the island (to which i disagree).

~Sado

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 07:53 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by I-Drop
Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint. What finally gave it away then?

Something told me to click on your username. I saw your old monicker and was like...oh snap.

That explains why I-Drop's appearance in the MMA thread coincides with brainchild81's disappearance.

Nice to have you "back". laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 09:15 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

laughing I remember that guy.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 12:12 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I remember that a55hole

fixed.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 11:18 AM
Bro SMASH

Yeah, I guess that's much better.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 06:24 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing out loud Ditto

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 07:12 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Damn. I thought my coolness was like a fingerprint.
laughing out loud I'm gonna say that to someone.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 04:13 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Cool. As long as I get my $5.

Kyo beating Orochi is moot since it wasn't solo & Ryu/Gouki is moot until Gouki fights him seriously.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 05:02 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

ditto.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 07:33 AM
RyuJinSapt343

Why all this nonsensical hate towards Ryu tho?
Kyo's a frikkin badass and he's hella cool!!
However if i totally be honest and speak logically without acting like a turd then:-
1. Powers and Featwise :- Ryu >>> Kyo
2. Movesetwise :- Kyo >>> Ryu

As a character i like Kyo more cause he was developed perfectly and all the stories that had him made more sense than what Capcom put Ryu through.
However anyone who has watched all the Street Fighter animes and read all the mangas can easily say Ryu is stronger than Kyo.
Why? Because he is not just a normal human. He frikkin takes blows from Akuma! He has trained himself over years and has even fought fighters who use fire (Dhalsim for e.g but Kyo is stronger than Dhalsim). Ryu definitely has more experience than Kyo in terms of fighting (even though his character doesn't make much sense) and has even been shown to be able to observe his opponents carefully to identify their weaknesses whereas Kyo is a fighting genius but can sometimes lose temper and act impulsively. Point.
If Ryu fights with Kyo it is quite possible that Kyo takes the win however if Ryu taps into the Satsui no Hado, Kyo's done.

P.S I'm just a simple dude who's an awful fan of SF and KOF. KOF beats SF imo but i'm a huge-ass Kyo and Iori fan. As for Ryu he is one of my favourite characters too.

Last edited by RyuJinSapt343 on Jan 12th, 2020 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 09:38 PM
RyuJinSapt343 is currently offline Click here to Send RyuJinSapt343 a Private Message Find more posts by RyuJinSapt343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote