KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Should Every Horror Game have RE4 Gameplay?

Should Every Horror Game have RE4 Gameplay?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Pretty much.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 08:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It doesn't matter what you consider it.

It's actually a game that is part of the horror genre. Perhaps action horror, but horror nonetheless.

I don't find Black Christmas to be a scary movie, but it is a horror.

-AC

Please don't start the labelling crap with films like what pedantic arsholes do with music. It really isn't neccessary. We all know what it's labelled as. We're just commenting on the fact that it doesn't, at times, feel like a horror game.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2009 09:42 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nonononono
Restricted

Account Restricted

edit

Last edited by Peach on Aug 8th, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2009 10:37 PM
nonononono is currently offline Click here to Send nonononono a Private Message Find more posts by nonononono Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

No.

If that happens, all the horror games would become redundant, just like every FPS we have in the market right now.

It would be nice to see a RE4/Silent Hill game that incorporates some fix angles and moving angles like DMC.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 05:12 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Considering Devil May Cry exists because it wasn't good enough to be a Resident Evil, I don't think the series needs to take any pointers from it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 10:30 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ByakuyaKuchiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gideon's been talking about you behind your back in the Star Wars versus forum. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 12:57 PM
ByakuyaKuchiki is currently offline Click here to Send ByakuyaKuchiki a Private Message Find more posts by ByakuyaKuchiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't even think the next RE game should have RE4 gameplay. It's time for them to innovate again.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 09:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not but I'm not a big fan of game sequel changing gameplay just for the sake of changing.

I'm all for changing it up if its going to be good. I'll be surprised if they get rid of the viewpoint, it just works so well.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 01:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Re: Should Every Horror Game have RE4 Gameplay?

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Do you think every horror game should have RE4 gameplay?

If you mean free movement and camera controls, it could work. But there would have to be less firepower and no Hollywood stunts since the character must have the odds against him/her if we want a true horror game.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 03:49 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Probably not but I'm not a big fan of game sequel changing gameplay just for the sake of changing.

I'm all for changing it up if its going to be good. I'll be surprised if they get rid of the viewpoint, it just works so well.

So did the original one, though. Then, so did Code: Veronica's one, and thus so did 4 and 5's.

They'll definitely change it up, they've said so. Even if they don't, at least we know they can't go wrong.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 11:13 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
It would be nice to see a RE4/Silent Hill game that incorporates some fix angles and moving angles like DMC.

Silent Hill has incorporated both mobile and stationary frames since the very first installment, and it accomplishes far more with those cinematographic elements than Devil May Cry.

There's absolutely nothing Silent Hill stands to gain creatively from Devil May Cry.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 12:34 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
So did the original one, though. Then, so did Code: Veronica's one, and thus so did 4 and 5's.

They'll definitely change it up, they've said so. Even if they don't, at least we know they can't go wrong.

-AC

I hate the original controls just like I hate the controls from the first MGS.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 01:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
just like I hate the controls from the first MGS.

not much changed in the sequals..........

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 06:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by StyleTime
Silent Hill has incorporated both mobile and stationary frames since the very first installment, and it accomplishes far more with those cinematographic elements than Devil May Cry.

There's absolutely nothing Silent Hill stands to gain creatively from Devil May Cry.

Yeah, I agree.

Silent Hill game mechanics should be incorporated to at least one RE game.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:05 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
not much changed in the sequals..........

I guess I should say viewpoint but I put those two together usually, but there was a change in controls and viewpoint from the first to the last MGS.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 12:46 PM