KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke at His Strongest?

Luke at His Strongest?
Started by: Anakin4Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Is the cloaking thing a Mind Trick? If so, it wouldn't work on battle droids in the first place...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 06:46 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mattatom
UNSC's finest.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Is the cloaking thing a Mind Trick? If so, it wouldn't work on battle droids in the first place...

Unless he can use the force to bend light around him.

Might as well call him "Matt Atom Bomb"
Like his name suggests, he's quite atomic
And this fool - he likes DC Comics
Two energy swords make up his symbol
And trust me, dawg, this homie's nimble

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 07:26 PM
Click here to Send mattatom a Private Message Find more posts by mattatom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I don't think its a mind trick. In Black Fleet Trilogy: Its the Fallansi Technique that successfully hid Fallanasi village from Yevetha "sensors" (Wiki)

It was also used to create a phantom fleet of ships that also fooled the ships sensors.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 11:59 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, yes. Let's discuss the great Luke Skywalker and how he has been so terribly neutered by LFL.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He duels Lady Rhea and Vestara (the Sith's answer to Ben) to a standstill before Rhea gets distracted by an opening door and Luke dismembers her. The narration specifically notes that he is trying to kill her and the only way he defeats her is when she is distracted. He also suffers multiple injuries.

Most powerful my ass.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by Gideon
Ah, yes. Let's discuss the great Luke Skywalker and how he has been so terribly neutered by LFL.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He duels Lady Rhea and Vestara (the Sith's answer to Ben) to a standstill before Rhea gets distracted by an opening door and Luke dismembers her. The narration specifically notes that he is trying to kill her and the only way he defeats her is when she is distracted. He also suffers multiple injuries.

Most powerful my ass.

lol, i'll get the book tomorrow. I couldn't resist that spoiler alert there though! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are so desperately trying to make it seem as though ben and luke are in life-threatening situations, they are making it seems as though,

A. Luke is pathetically weak, and we better backtrack and call LOTF Luke's peak.

or
B. everyone Luke ever meets now is as powerful (or moreso than Caedus.)

Actually, wouldn't the results of this fight imply that Vestara==Caedus?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 02:56 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The truth to the matter is that outside of the Bane novels, authors don't go out of their way to aggrandize their characters of choice. Which is both a positive and a negative. Really, all throughout Legacy of the Force, Lumiya and Vader were used as measuring sticks for power. To be Lumiya-level in LotF is to be enormously badass.

Luke, simply put, has become lame. And it's obnoxious. No one says he has to own everyone with a gesture. But as a duelist, he really should be pretty much peerless.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

quote:
To be Lumiya-level in LotF is to be enormously badass.

Which is, naturally, enormously pathetic.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Which is, naturally, enormously pathetic.

Extremely.

On the one hand, Jaina, Jag, and Zekk all muse in Exile or Tempest that "Lumiya fought [Luke] to a standstill," thereby concluding that she's "clearly Master level."

Yet the same series also depicts Lumiya being critically wounded against Jedi Master Tresina Lobi...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even when Lumiya has the assistance of Alema Rar in combat.

Make. Up. Your. Damn. Minds. LFL.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:25 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think i'm going to take a vacation....To Skywalker ranch. I'm going to bring my video camera and film it as I'm kicking the force out of George Lucas for being a ****.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

he really should be peerless. Maybe not everyone, but I would enjoy the books more if he were to be honest. Maybe he should continue in his "if i fight i'll go to the darkside" approach, as lame as that was.

EDIT: Also, i guess we have to compare this to the 501st losing to the ewoks... (just by reading threads around here that you won out on PIS in the end Gideon, and who am i to fight the institution, especially when its so darn convenient this time?)

Last edited by truejedi on Aug 19th, 2009 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:50 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

*they weren't actually losing*

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
he really should be peerless. Maybe not everyone, but I would enjoy the books more if he were to be honest. Maybe he should continue in his "if i fight i'll go to the darkside" approach, as lame as that was.

EDIT: Also, i guess we have to compare this to the 501st losing to the ewoks... (just by reading threads around here that you won out on PIS in the end Gideon, and who am i to fight the institution, especially when its so darn convenient this time?)

I agree. I'm done reading this series. If they have to continue their LOTF bullshit about unrealistically trying to weaken luke, then there's no point to continue. These authors are incompetent beyond belief and the fact that Lucas doesn't put a stop to it really shows us how far the original idea has fallen.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:56 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi

Pardon?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 03:57 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Gideon
Pardon?

we had a discussion about being allowed to include PIS in debates. (such as an evaluation of the Empire.)

At the time, i was against it.

That was way back in the day though.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 04:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
To be Lumiya-level in LotF is to be enormously badass.

You mean Lumiya who was losing to no-name jedi Nelani in Betrayal? erm

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 10:29 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

to quote Les Mis:

" the law is inside out" The world is upside down"

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 09:50 PM
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, strange how the most powerful force user in history, AND a master of multiple styles, gets his ass kicked around, AND nameless people beat the person he lsot to. If that is the fact of the matter, then force users were incredibly weak across history.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 10:39 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke could probably pwn lots and lots of battle droids, but ALL of the battle droids???? There are a quadrillion +!!!! Even if he killed hundreds a second and the battle droids just stood there, it would take multiple lifetimes to kill them all.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

And @Gideon, Luke at that point was so weak that he could barely speak, and yet he (with some help from Ben) beat 12 sith. In my opinion, that's actually a feat to be added to his feat list rather then a bad showing.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Personally if Luke isn't going to be chellenged in a fight, then the writer shouldn't write him fighting.

We've gone past the point of speculating on Luke's power (the Vong Wars should have ended any and all speculation on his power level). Now the focus should be on writing a good story to wrap up his legacy.

If he comes to blows with anyone or anything it should be in a challenging situation, nothing less (if the authors have to wax poetic about the relative difficulty of his challenge to maintain fictional consistency so be it).

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote