KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Taskmaster Revamped Respect Thread

Taskmaster Revamped Respect Thread
Started by: AlmightyKfish

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Just read the last issue of TM's new series. Can somebody explain the memory thing? So because of the injection every time he learns something new he forgoets everyone and everything? How comes he remembers Cap, Deadpool etc?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 12:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Just read the last issue of TM's new series. Can somebody explain the memory thing? So because of the injection every time he learns something new he forgoets everyone and everything? How comes he remembers Cap, Deadpool etc?

Pretty much one of the reasons I quite dislike this new origin, it just doesn't seem that well thought out...especially considering times we've seen Tasky running his business etc in the past..

Personally I like to think that his new origin and old one could work simultaneously, as his new one really takes away a big essense of the character - He chooses to be a bad guy because it's the easy and profitable thing to do- The whole org thing takes away the whole choice thing and leaves him borderline dysfuntional in any situation that isn't in combat...

But you've reminded me that I have to add the feats from his mini soon, I've got them all on file just need to upload...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:36 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Wow so they're doing a Mister X on TM? Brilliant.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by SamZED

Same reason I forget people I went to high school with but know who Wesley Snipes is? Because he is famous. cool

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:12 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Origin/Explanation

In his new mini we're given a new origin for Tasky-
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Going by this origin, Tasky was already one of the best agents in SHIELD before, but considering we've had his original origin told in detail in three different sources, and considering the continuity problems this one throws up, it's a bit iffy but oh well...

(please log in to view the image)

Context needed here- In the mini it's revealed that by abosrbing skills he eventually rewrote the memory's of his entire life- his earliest memory is fighting Elektra in a diner somewhere (sadly we never got to see this fight), but here it's revealed that the life memory's aren't actually erased, just blocked out. Again, very much contrasts with what was said in his first mini, that unlike most people he can remember every moment of his life in detail, but again, oh well...

This is where the skull mask came from-

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 06:43 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Combat Skill

Silently KO's two guards

Takes out lots of MILF henchmen with ease-
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Takes out the Don of The Dead, this also highlights how quickly/easily Tasky can pick up a skill set.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 06:48 PM
AlmightyKfish

After agents from over a dozen agencies ambush him- Tasky takes out all of them (including AIM supersoldiers)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Knows the fighting styles of a number of WW2 costumes-

Ranged Skill

Three headshots-

Misc. Skills

Hacks some AIM tech

Plays the guitar perfectly, and even notices where Don goes wrong despite only hearing the song just before
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 06:53 PM
AlmightyKfish

Due to memory loss is perfect at faking recognition etc-

Recognises a Hydra agent whilst in a conversation looking in the other direction-
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Fights

Fights and kills Redshirt, whose powers and fighting style are explained in the scans-
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Now that is a pretty impressive fight and showing for Tasky's absorbtion powers, as RS's fighting style required an enhanced skeleton and areas of his brain put in use via torture, yet Tasky still picks it up within minutes (and it's made clear he could have earlier but didn't want to 'erase' his wife) and he displayed the ability to blitz using all of his (which by now must be a huge number) of fighting styles, so that even though RS had prepped for years to fight Tasky, he couldn't counter this blitz.

Fun game- Try to pick out the body parts shown in the blitz belong to xD
At a glance I got Elektra, Shangchi, Spidey, Blazing Skull and Cap.

And now we're done with feats from the latest mini big grin

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 07:04 PM
Deadline

Nice thread but I couldn't help loling.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Takes out lots of MILF henchmen with ease-

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 06:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by Deadline
Nice thread but I couldn't help loling.

Aha yeah, that gets pointed out in the mini by a member of the group laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 10:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Civil War #7

Don't think I've seen it here. Tasky beating the shit out of Solo and Black Crow at the same time.

Old Post May 28th, 2011 03:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I've always wondered how Tasky compared to Maya Lopez/Echo/Ronin. She's got the same exact powers but is deaf.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2011 10:20 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

This guy took on Both Cap and Bucky in siege and held his own. And he's only human in strength. I would dare say he's top tier that could beat shang-chi or Iron fist. Whoever said Deadpool could beat him is crazy.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 01:46 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by joesha28
This guy took on Both Cap and Bucky in siege and held his own.

Thats an exaggeration.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 04:52 PM
SamZED

Taskmaster just WTFstomped Flash-Venom. Gonna post it soon unless someone beats me to it.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:43 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Isn't Thompson Venom depowered now or something? I think I read it somewhere...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 09:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

He is? I read Venom series but dont keep up with SA, only picked the issue to see how the fight with Taskmaster goes. He didn't seem depowered though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 06:51 AM
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Isn't Thompson Venom depowered now or something? I think I read it somewhere...

No he's not depowered, just the symbiote is essentially in a coma so it can't affect Flash, but he still has access to all of the symbiotes powers.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 08:22 PM
AlmightyKfish

Okay updates from the last few months:

Strength

Pins Deadpool through a wall with his sword

Durability

Takes an arrow through the shoulder from Hawkeye and still managed to have a full motorcycle chase where he's dodging more arrows from him.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Still conscious and active after being shot, bombed, falling through the floor and slammed into a concrete wall.

Misc

Stealthy enough to avoid the motion sensors Fury Jr and Coulson set up

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 02:35 PM
AlmightyKfish

Old Post Oct 19th, 2012 02:38 PM