KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played

Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I guess Vampire Rain gets a nod for most unforgettable bad game, it had a great cover and a pretty interesting premise except it was total shit actually worse, proof that you should never judge a book by it's cover or in this case game.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:20 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Glory, what was the game?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 11:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

KOTOR 2, it wasn't that good, but it was the first title i ever played that was aimed towards more mature audiences. to this day that's one of the things that takes me back to summer vacation going through the game with a friend (switching off at checkpoints) and loling at how evil we were killing all the people asking for help.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:18 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

5) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ghost Recon: First realistic gun game i played. I feel i learnt allot of my player vs player gaming skill based on this game. Even in none gun games.

4) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Silent Hill: Scared the hell out of me, and i think it was the first game to do so. After playing this for 10 minutes you quickly learn video games can and are scarier than any movie.

3) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Warcraft: Orcs and Humans: First computer game i ever saw. After i played it myself, (i was tiny ;p) i thought it was amazing.

2) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Final Fantasy 7: The first game i played that felt like a real adventure. Back in the day this game was sweet to the bone. Still has a decent story if you ask me.

1) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kingdom Hearts: After the PS1 era ended i didn't find any games that had what i felt to be a good plot to it. This game brought it back for me. I love this game to it's core. I love the story, the characters, the music in the game, the feel to it, the game play/style and the mystery.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:33 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The Suffering
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy X
Oblivion
Mario 64
X-men ( arcade )
pac man

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Meh, i hate to say it but id like to add kingdom hearts, i remember totally loving the whole island part and being sad when you go in the cave and get seperated from the girl and so on sad

but i was young, now i dont like the game but i will never forget it

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 01:59 AM
117 is currently offline Click here to Send 117 a Private Message Find more posts by 117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

God of war
Kingdom Hearts
Oblivion
Halo
Prototype.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 02:09 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Merc'd
Meh, i hate to say it but id like to add kingdom hearts, i remember totally loving the whole island part and being sad when you go in the cave and get seperated from the girl and so on sad

but i was young, now i dont like the game but i will never forget it

dont need to feel ashamed for admitting that a game had an impact on you laughing out loud Kingdom Hearts was a good game. Hey...,i cried during Lion King and the Fox and the Hound smokin'

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 02:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

FF7, naturally.

FF8, as i wasnt expecting to love the game that much.

The first Resident Evil. Groundbreaking at the time.

Metal Gear Solid on the psx.

Sensible Soccer. If you've played it, you know why.

Mortal Kombat/MK2.

Street Fighter 2.

ISS Pro 98, showing me that FIFA could be beaten.

COD4: Never thought for one second that i could love another FPS on a console...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 02:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

- by far Metal Gear Solid, I never a looked a game the same way after it... it had to be epic for me to enjoy it erm (still best game I ever played)

- Dounkey Kong Country 3: there's Super Mario, but it was with DKC3 the first time I tried to complete a game to 100% (Last game purchase for Snes, first VC game I downloaded for my Wii big grin)

- TLOZ: Link's Awakening: I didn't even own a Snes at the time, but it was this game that got me so into Zelda

- International Super Start Soccer: Deluxe - the only thing I played with my friends on Snes, most of the time. loved turning the referee into a dog

- Silent Hill: I never thought I'd scream playing a game... I cringed and, most of the time, save and turned off the PS every time Hell/Nightmare world showed up no expression

- Duke Nuken 3D/Quake: about the only thing I played on my first PC, Quake was scary embarrasment

- Warcraft 3: not even with Starcraft I got so hooked up on RTSs the way I did with W3... still play it sometimes

- FF8: I know it's not regarded as the best FF, but I was the first one I ever played. Before it, I despised RPGs. Never really get what was so good about playing a game you just put inputs and then watch it play itself, I prefer playin Zelda.... boy was I so wrong. I was also the first game I played that was entirely in my first language... didn't know English that well back then... and it was free!

- Tekken 3: Mortal Kombat was all the rage, SFII was a blast to play, but Teken 3 was the first fighter I ever got good at playing, and loved every minute of it, until the game got so scratched it started to skip big grin

- FFX: Main reason I wanted a PS2 (besides being a PS Fanboy)... Best ending ever

- KH/KH2: both game told an epic story, and it got two of the things I love the most (who doesn't love Disney?). I even cried a little at the end of KH (I'm not ashamed )
Best title song ever (can't decide between Simple and Clean or Passion/Santuary)

- GTA VC: played and completed thrice, that's twice more than I ever play most games... plus it has the best licensed soundtrack in any game.
GTA SA it's the best one though.

- Super Metroid: I first played it around the time I bought my PS2. Yep, the Snes still worked, tough it was no longer mine

- Super Mario Galaxy: I used to hate Mario, because of how sick I was of seeing Mario games left and right. I like him again now. best original soundtrack

- MGS4: No game has come close to topping this game this gen... yet. double camera cutscenes, motorcycle chase, the river scene. microwave hallway, 4 rounds fight with Ocelot, 60+ minutes ending and prologue.... not close.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 1st, 2009 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 05:10 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by NemeBro
Glory, what was the game?

HoMM3

I think I should list some other honorable mentions: MGS1, Earthworm Jim, Ranger X, Dune II: Battle for Arrakis, Diablo I, C&C: Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Oct 1st, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 11:20 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Goldeneye
Half-life 2 (PC)
Street Fighter 2 (arcades, snes)
Killer Instinct (arcades)
the Need for Speed: Most Wanted (soundtrack)
Grand Theft Auto VC & 4
Soul Caliber 4
Sonic 1
Super Mario 2&3
Battlefield 2 (PC) (online)
Command and Conquer: Generals (PC)

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 05:57 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
littlefox_Kovu

Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 2, and 3, devil may cry 3.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 07:41 PM
littlefox_Kovu is currently offline Click here to Send littlefox_Kovu a Private Message Find more posts by littlefox_Kovu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supreme commander
Company of heroes
C&C generals
LOK series
Oblivion
Age of series (age of empires, mythology etc)
Myth series

And prob more.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 07:52 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Re: Most Unforgettable Game You've Ever Played

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mine would be the Chrono series:
Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

How the hell did I forget about this game?!

Radical Dreamers: Nusumenai Hōseki

It's a part of the Chrono series as well

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:37 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 11:37 PM
Mr Omiverseria is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Omiverseria a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Omiverseria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Mr Omiverseria
lol

I was unaware of a game named 'lol'. Elaborate?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 11:52 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was referring to the wicked awesome JRPG that is Legend of Legaia.

legend of legaia

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 12:04 AM
Mr Omiverseria is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Omiverseria a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Omiverseria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Omiverseria
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is what "lol" now stands for. LMAO and ROFL renders the original meaning bosolete.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 12:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, i can't forget to mention GTA3. Playing GTA3 is the most original gaming experience i ever had. I'll never forget the sense of freedom that game offered. Sure, the violence was one of if not the biggest contributing factor in what made GTA3 a milestone but coupled with the scope and freedom i knew that i was playing a revolutionary game.

I also need to mention...,

Ocarina of Time
Abes Odyssey and Exodus

Gran Turismo 3 will also be remembered by me for a while. Playing GT3 on the PS2 for the first time just felt new. It felt and looked cutting edge. Racing games have only gotten better with their graphics and physics but when Gran Turismo 3 came out the look and feel was light years beyond all of the current racing games. I guess it would be like going back to the 1980's and introducing the Atari audience to the 360 or ps3.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2009 01:03 AM