KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Bidoof versus mewtwo

Bidoof versus mewtwo
Started by: Bidoof Luvr399

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

A pokemon created the universe and is God??????????????????

Boy, the series has changed quite a bit since I was a kid...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 08:17 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
A pokemon created the universe and is God??????????????????

Boy, the series has changed quite a bit since I was a kid...

Sure has. But I'd rather stay in the G/S days.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 03:14 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Mewtwo IS the second most powerful pokemon next to Arceus.

Here are some quotes from Bulbapedia:

"Mewtwo also has the ability to telekinetically create massive hurricanes powerful enough to destroy the planet."

"Mewtwo greatly differs from Mew in both size and personality and is said to be the most twisted and savage Pokémon ever. (more than Giratina)"

"This makes it the Pokémon with the highest Special Attack if event Pokémon are not counted."

"Mewtwo was initially the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 590 (increased to 680, due to the Special split, from Generation II onwards), at the time the highest in the game. It was later joined by several other Pokémon, and finally surpassed by Arceus's total of 720."
The fact that Mewtwo's attack library is so expansive puts him in a slightly higher position than the other legendary pokemon, imo.

"Mewtwo can learn damaging moves of all types except Dragon."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 04:54 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Mewtwo IS the second most powerful pokemon next to Arceus

In the metagames, no.
Garchomp is. Hence, Garchomp is now banned (**** NetBattle and Smogon) and is considered an Uber together with the legendaries.

In the anime, no.
Dialga arguably is. He sent a time portal to the past to send Ash and his friends to undo the events leading to Arceus' final Judgment upon the Earth.

In the manga, probably.
It's really hard to estimate the power levels of Pkmn in the manga, since you see Pika (Red's Pikachu) fighting him to a standstill, yet Mewtwo easily overpowers Deoxys.
Then you have feats like Pryce's Delibird defeating a Lugia. Then again, it probably was a weak Lugia.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 07:05 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Garchomp is just a regular pokemon who just happens to have a good move set and stats to match

an uber? I would be him with a swinub no expression

Mewtwo is tied in 2nd place on base stats with Palkia, Dialga, & Giratina, with Arceus as #1 of course.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 08:24 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Can Garchomp blow up the planet? No.
Besides, Garchomp has a double weakness, and with Mewtwo's movelist and unmatched special attack, I dont think there is a pokemon that a Mewtwo with the right move couldnt 1-shot (not saying some couldnt one shot him back).
Plus, its also worth mentioning that Mewtwo is one of the few pokemon that are not under Arceus' dominion as god. (Mewtwo, Porygon family, ect.)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 09:49 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
In the anime, no.
Dialga arguably is. He sent a time portal to the past to send Ash and his friends to undo the events leading to Arceus' final Judgment upon the Earth.

Why? Because Dialga couldn't undo the events himself? smile

And lol @ Delibird defeating a Lugia... I'll keep that one in mind.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 11:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I think Mewtwo is the only pokemon with human DNA, isnt he?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 01:20 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I think so, which was what made him able to use human speech. Some other Pokemon can too though, but Mewtwo was the first known one to talk (besides that joke Meowth from the anime), making him cooler. stick out tongue

Also, anyone have the actual manga scans where Mewtwo defeats Deoxys? Not that I don't believe it or anything, but I'd like to see it for myself smile, with him being my favorite pokeymanz and all.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 02:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by SpadeKing
Garchomp is just a regular pokemon who just happens to have a good move set and stats to match

an uber? I would be him with a swinub no expression

Mewtwo is tied in 2nd place on base stats with Palkia, Dialga, & Giratina, with Arceus as #1 of course.

If you think Garchomp is just a 'regular' pokemon in the games, then you're dead wrong.

Do you have any idea how the metagame works?

There is virtually NO counter for a YacheChomp.
If you're facing a fully EV'd Dragon Dancing YacheChomp with the moves Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Fang... prepare to face the fact that 2-3 of your Pkmn will be OHKO'd.
It takes 2-3 Ice Beams to put it down, despite the 4x weakness.
Good luck with that.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Why? Because Dialga couldn't undo the events himself? smile

And lol @ Delibird defeating a Lugia... I'll keep that one in mind.

Because legendaries aren't allowed to alter/tamper with history and the human affairs.
If you watched most of the Pkmn movies, most of the events are done by Ash and company.
The legendaries are there only to guide/help the protagonists.
It is part of the deal Arceus made with humans.

Pryce's Delibird is highly trained (stalemating Pika), and it probably fought a weak Lugia.
Also, another Lugia defeated Ho-oh.

I think Mewtwo is the only pokemon with human DNA, isnt he?

Where did you pull this out from?

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I think so, which was what made him able to use human speech. Some other Pokemon can too though, but Mewtwo was the first known one to talk (besides that joke Meowth from the anime), making him cooler. stick out tongue

He was using telepathy.
Same with Lugia, Lucario, and Arceus from the movies.

Meowth can talk, but only because he trained himself to impress Meowzie.
A Slowbro from the '2nd' movie also talks.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Nov 1st, 2009 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 03:28 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Because legendaries aren't allowed to alter/tamper with history and the human affairs.
If you watched most of the Pkmn movies, most of the events are done by Ash and company.
The legendaries are there only to guide/help the protagonists.
It is part of the deal Arceus made with humans.

Yeah. I've seen most of the movies and know that most of the events were done by Ash & company, but it never made sense to me why.

And deal Arceus made? What deal? You kinda lost me there.

Also, another Lugia defeated Ho-oh.

Canonically?

He was using telepathy.
Same with Lugia, Lucario, and Arceus from the movies.

I know he was using telepathy, but I came to the conclusion he was able to do that because of what LLLLLink said. After all, did we see Mew actually talk via telepathy, or say anything besides its name? No, and Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, so naturally, he wouldn't be able to talk either, unless some modifications were made during his creation, which apparently there were.

Red/Blue Pokedex: "It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments."

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Pokedex: "Mewtwo is a Pokemon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans created this Pokemon's body, they failed to give it a warm/compassionate heart."

Fire Red Pokedex: "A Pokemon whose genetic code was repeatedly combined for research. It turned vicious as a result."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 03:45 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

If you think Garchomp is just a 'regular' pokemon in the games, then you're dead wrong.

Do you have any idea how the metagame works?

There is virtually NO counter for a YacheChomp.
If you're facing a fully EV'd Dragon Dancing YacheChomp with the moves Outrage, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Fang... prepare to face the fact that 2-3 of your Pkmn will be OHKO'd.
It takes 2-3 Ice Beams to put it down, despite the 4x weakness.
Good luck with that.

Mewtwo has virtually the highest Special Attack in the game. Garchomp dies from Blizzard or whatever.

Where did you pull this out from?

Manga. Mewtwo carries Blaine's DNA.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:13 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

5L, don't argue the useless point of MewTwo being better than Garchomp in the metagame. Especially because it just isn't true.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:16 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Only telling you what the stat charts on BP say, EV and all that.

Besides, Mewtwo destroys the planet. Nobody is getting out of that one.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:18 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Depends on the time it takes. Or whether or not the Pokemon can breath in space, stop time, or is God.

Anyway, this is Bidoof vs MewTwo and MewTwo stomps.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:23 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I just want to throw this out here.

"Garchomp has the second highest base stat average of all non-legendary Pokémon, the first being Slaking. However, it is tied with the four other pseudo-legendary evolutions. Garchomp is also tied with many other legendaries for base stat average, including Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Latios and Latias."

Statistically speaking, Garchomp has an average of 600. Mewtwo has an average of 680.
The difference is clear: Clear Eyes.

Garchomp learns three moves that are super-effective to psychic types: Crunch, Fling and Fury Cutter. Garchomp has the lowest attack stat of all the pseudo-legendary pokemon and an even lower special attack stat with no STAB bonus for those moves.

Last edited by LLLLLink on Nov 1st, 2009 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:27 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I want to throw this out there. Stats do not speak for everything. Like Darkrai, his Defensive stats really don't reflect his Defensive ability.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:33 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Well, the metagame is up to the trainer, but on paper, Mewtwo is superior. Just saying smile
May I partake of the Milk of Forgiveness, Moo?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:37 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Mewtwo has virtually the highest Special Attack in the game. Garchomp dies from Blizzard or whatever.

Attack form Deoxys has higher Special Attack than Mewtwo, and Blizzard (in most cases) is a pretty bad move to have competitively. Ice Beam is more preferable.

Also, I'd really like to see some manga scans of Mewtwo, as well as him wiping the floor with Deoxys, and what not, if anyone has any. Just searched google and couldn't find 'em. sad

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Depends on the time it takes. Or whether or not the Pokemon can breath in space, stop time, or is God.

Ignoring those last 2 parts, I don't see why Mewtwo couldn't breathe in space erm, to be honest.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:41 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

He was referring to MewTwo destroying the planet and nobody being able to get around that. But if they can breath in space, or fly above where said hurricanes would be, they can.

And sure 5L, you just gotta find it somewhere else. I am not milk-able.

Oh and I wasn't talking about Metagame. I meant like Anime movie feats. By those Darkrai can tank just about any attack in Pokemon and be ok.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 04:44 AM