KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3

The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

They can apparently tear a man out of the suit of armor, as in pulling the person's body out.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 12:39 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

that would either be undressing them (unremarkable feat obiously), or breaking the armou open (how strong would you have to be to tear apart that kind of metal?)

Since i don't recalling reading or being told exactly how the suit is fitted.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 12:55 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I should have phrased this differently.

According to this one scribe, they were pulled "straight through their armor."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 01:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they'd fare very well...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 08:36 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Mayor Macready solos.

I lol'd

I really think a deathclaw would wipe the team though.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 05:01 AM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wammamram
the afro'ed assassin

if the fallout guy can bearly survive all that, i'm sure the odst sqaud would destory everything that threatean their power and take over the whole state

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 12:10 AM
wammamram is currently offline Click here to Send wammamram a Private Message Find more posts by wammamram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
I should have phrased this differently.

According to this one scribe, they were pulled "straight through their armor."

That would be Scribe Bowditch, He does say that he thinks the super mutants vew his armoured bretheren as "a canned meal."

The Wanderer's feats are all player controlled anyway. But for the sake of argument, the standard T-4x model power armours you see on the BoS and Outcasts are invariably bullet resistant and can even handle to limited effect grenade and mine blasts (Missiles and energy weapons tear them up still), to say nothing of the T-51b models or any of the Enclave armours, both are considerably more advanced than the T-4x.

However, standard Super Mutant grunts and Brutes are, as said, capable of tearing a well trained human in at least T-4x grade armour in half, and can rip said person out of the suit. When we start getting into the later mutations such as the Masters, Overlords, and Beheoths, Well, Overlords can tank .44 Mag rounds to the face at least once on a critical V.A.T.S hit. And the first Behemoth you fight in the main story mission "Following His Footsteps" easily rips through 2 busses simultaneously, withstanding their dual nuclear explosions, then withstands 4 BoS Paladins with Assault Rifles, Sarah with a Laser Rifle, Vargas with a Laser Rifle and Gunney with a Sniper Rifle at your very best odds. It takes about 2 to 3 critical shots from a "Firelance" Alien Blaster to down this guy if you jump in, but that weapon is FEARSOMELY overpowered...

Another 2 examples of Behemoth strength and durability is the one in the Capitol Building where a Behemoth can withstand at least 1 Fatman Nuke and still smash aside Talon Company Mercs with frightening ease, and the 2nd is the unarmed and unarmoured Behemoth captured in Evergreen Mills, if you set him free, he can EASILY clear out the entire compound exterior by himself of several dozen Raiders armed with full auto weaponry, decapitating and rending limbs with single punches.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Dec 16th, 2009 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 04:40 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i can kill most of the enemies in the game with a baseball bat. sad

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:22 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Console commands such as "TGM" don't count. More often than not, taking on a Behemoth with nothing but a Baseball bat, even the Excalibat, is going to get you very dead very quickly.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 06:43 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

thats cause you gotta be 1337

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:20 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

that supposed to be an edit.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:20 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no more kmc+booze for me laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:21 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

1336? Nice work.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:21 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

shut up laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2009 10:22 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Ramp up the difficulty... noobie! :lol

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 08:28 PM