KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most Disturbing Moment in a Game

Most Disturbing Moment in a Game
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

he looked like mewto in a life support egg in the first game.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:07 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:50 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Ocarina of Time when Link meets the shade who runs the Ghost shop. The shade says:

"If I looked as good as you I could run a different kind of business. Hehe..."

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 06:27 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The ReDeads are pretty disturbing in Ocarina and Majora's Mask in and of themselves. Their design reminds me of the frightening "mummified bog man" from a Games produced Ren and Stimpy cartoon called Hermit Ren.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:08 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

when i was 5 the aftermath of kicking Vega's ass in street fighter it looked like his face peeled off

~Decretum~

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:32 PM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rabidd909
The Revanchist

I think it was in devil may cry 2 when Dante was impaled by his sword then it was pulled all the through. I was kinda shocked the first time I saw it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 09:53 PM
rabidd909 is currently offline Click here to Send rabidd909 a Private Message Find more posts by rabidd909 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rabidd909
I think it was in devil may cry 2 when Dante was impaled by his sword then it was pulled all the through. I was kinda shocked the first time I saw it.

DMC1

Dante was never stabbed in DMC2

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 12:11 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Also the airport scene in Modern Warfare 2.

As well as harvesting your first Little Sister in Bioshock.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 12:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I was disturbed by that woman fused with a carnivorous alien in Prey.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 02:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 02:47 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Zack Fair

sad

I need to go play Silent Hill.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 03:21 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Disturbing scenes in a game? I believe this pretty much sums it up for me, and I was a lot younger when I first played this part too, so yeah.

I hate "hearing voices". x_x

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 03:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Disturbing scenes in a game? I believe this pretty much sums it up for me, and I was a lot younger when I first played this part too, so yeah.

I hate "hearing voices". x_x

Jesus christ that brought back horrible memories when I played Doom 3.

Other than voices, the babies freaked me out the most. Hearing them behind the door saying "momma" and when you sometimes turn around, you see a toddler fused with mechanical and demon parts. I saw that when I was eight and that was probably the first time I ever swore. When I saw them for the first time, I shouted "HOLY S***!!!"

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:28 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I know what you mean...

But what can ya say? Doom 3 is evil incarnate.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah, I know what you mean...

But what can ya say? Doom 3 is evil incarnate.

It's impossible to feel sane after finishing the game. Glad I didn't. It really is evil incarnate. Makes Dead Space and Silent Hill look like wussies.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:45 AM
Sin_Volvagia

If you look closely, you can see tears running down its face.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:48 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Makes Dead Space and Silent Hill look like wussies.

True that. Most of Doom 3 takes place in Hell too, adding on to what I last said there.

Gotta say, ActiVision really outdid themselves in making it a more horrifying experience than the two original/classic Doom games.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia

If you look closely, you can see tears running down its face.

I know, creepy. I was thinking about posting that vid too, but it didn't leave behind nearly as much an impact for me as the "They took my baby" thing. stick out tongue

Ironic how that's also the first part in the game where you encounter a Lost Soul. I guess Lost Souls generally possess people's bodies and make their heads detach. The Doomguy is immune to being possessed by demons though for reasons related to plot.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:59 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

True that. Most of Doom 3 takes place in Hell too, adding on to what I last said there.

Gotta say, ActiVision really outdid themselves in making it a more horrifying experience than the two original/classic Doom games

I'm kinda surprised Doom 3 wasn't remade for the 360. Some games that do extremely well like that would make a return but instead there's a sequel that hasn't had any info leaked for the past friggin two years.

I was also disturbed by the corpses in Doom 3. I just walk down what looks like an innocent hallway when suddenly, I get a corpse dangling right in front me, the hallway turns dark red and I swear I hear a faint evil laughter coming from the corpse.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:20 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm kinda surprised Doom 3 wasn't remade for the 360. Some games that do extremely well like that would make a return but instead there's a sequel that hasn't had any info leaked for the past friggin two years.

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (an expansion to the original) was for the 360 though, and it was said that Doom 4 will be on 360 (and PS3) as well whenever it's supposed to come out.

And less leaked info = less possibility for spoilers before I play the game
So I'm not complainin'.

Still hoping it'll have co-op though like the first Doom on XBL Arcade had, and an even cooler BFG 9000.

I was also disturbed by the corpses in Doom 3. I just walk down what looks like an innocent hallway when suddenly, I get a corpse dangling right in front me, the hallway turns dark red and I swear I hear a faint evil laughter coming from the corpse.

Yeah. I remember that happening a lot, and although it sometimes gave a false alarm, it was still intimidating.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:30 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Zack Fair

That wasn't disturbing.. it was funny.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:02 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote