KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

I'm enjoying it, it's a good remake.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 11:45 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Save your Master Ball's for MewTwo. He'll destroy you faster than Lugia or Ho-Oh will.

What's everyone's team? I like to know teams. thumb up

Should say mine I guess. At the moment, Quilava, Flaffy, Pinsir, Stantler. I'm probably going to drop Stantler for a good Flying type to make the game easier and end up using Red Gyrados for Surf.

Oh, Stantler is win, too. He solo'd Morty using Hypnosis, Sand-Attack, and Astonish.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 02:35 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

What's everyone's team?

SoulSilver -- Feraligatr, Skarmory, Pachirisu, Dunsparce, Carnivine, Girafarig

HeartGold -- Typhlosion, Chatot, Onix, Heracross, Snorlax, Absol

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 04:07 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I don't know why, but me and Pokémon games no longer go so well together. I played Blue and Silver to death back in the day. I later finished and I believe got all Pokémon on Sapphire, but after that I've not managed to finish off a Pokémon game. I have FireRed Diamond (or is it Pearl? Can't even remember that), which I haven't finished. In FR I think I'm somewhere in the middle, while in pearl I have finished the League, but still got the top-right island left to explore. But for some reason, I really do not feel like playing anymore...

Silver was definitley my most favorite Pokégame, I'm just afraid I'll tarnish the memories of Silver if I end up not finishing Soul Silver like Pearl/FireRed.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 06:00 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

People who choose SoulSilver are undoubtedly cooler than HeartGold fans, and will beat them nearly every time in a Pokemon battle for the simple fact that they are superior trainers. Duh.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 08:00 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Would you be willing to put that to the test, 5L?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 09:20 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

SS - Ignatious (Typhlosion), Scyther, Haunter, Pokebat (Zubat), Taco Bell (Bellsprout), and Carl's Jr (Staryu)

This is my current team.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 09:27 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
So, what version did you buy?

I bought both versions, since I wanted to capture both Kyogre and Groudon.

Mewtwo's still the best though. Well, after Arceus of course.

Got both versions as well, but for now I'm just playing HG.

And yeah, I decided at the last minute to just save my Master Ball for Mew2. Ho-oh was annoying to have to capture without it though (took almost all of my different types of pokeballs), but it had an Impish nature in the end, so I'm not complainin'. Something tells me it'll take a lot longer (as in lots of restarts) for Mewtwo to get the desired nature, even with the Master Ball.

Save your Master Ball's for MewTwo. He'll destroy you faster than Lugia or Ho-Oh will.

Should say mine I guess. At the moment, Quilava, Flaffy, Pinsir, Stantler. I'm probably going to drop Stantler for a good Flying type to make the game easier and end up using Red Gyrados for Surf.

Oh, Stantler is win, too. He solo'd Morty using Hypnosis, Sand-Attack, and Astonish.

Not gonna have it this way forever obviously, but my current team is Typhlosion, Ho-oh, Onix, red Gyarados, Pidgeotto, and Togepi (still waiting for it to evolve. Half my party are just HM slaves anyway).
And Eevee and Sudowoodo (I think) are still at the daycare, to make up for my laziness in training them.

Currently at the Elite 4. Probably gonna teach Typolosion Dragon Claw so it'll be easier to take down Lance.

Originally posted by LLLLLink
People who choose SoulSilver are undoubtedly cooler than HeartGold fans, and will beat them nearly every time in a Pokemon battle for the simple fact that they are superior trainers. Duh.

Troll harder.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 11:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Would you be willing to put that to the test, 5L?

Sure....... as soon as I get it. sad

Also, I would use my Master Ball on one of the legendary dogs. Mewtwo can be caught with a pokeball since you can save in front of him.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 12:12 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Sure....... as soon as I get it. sad

Also, I would use my Master Ball on one of the legendary dogs. Mewtwo can be caught with a pokeball since you can save in front of him.

Just download Shoddy. It takes five minutes to make a team on it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 12:19 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Currently at the Elite 4. Probably gonna teach Typhlosion Dragon Claw so it'll be easier to take down Lance.

Damnit, meant to say Shadow Claw. Would be awesome if Typhlosion could actually learn Dragon Claw though.

And 5L, I could care less about the dogs right now. stick out tongue It'll probably take a lot of restarting until Mewtwo gives me the desired nature anyway as I said, even with the Master Ball.

Oh, and Shoddy.. Isn't that what the pokemonized tourneyfags normally use now?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 12:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I dunno. Don't really talk to anyone on there. I just used it because it's easier to make a team there and test it before I try and make it on my DS.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 02:23 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, so it's like netbattle 2.0 basically. Eh, haven't used any of those in awhile.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 02:28 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I don't know what anyone is talking about anymore...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 07:47 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In this case, I don't really consider that a bad thing. stick out tongue You're probably better off not knowing what any of that is.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 07:52 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I have a Zubat!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 08:02 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

So one of you guys with Silver should definitely trade me a Murkrow for something else that I can catch.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 01:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Scythe
I have a Zubat!

And I'm about to have Mewtwo , once it has teh modest nature after catching it that is. *saved in front of him, and will keep restarting the game until it has that nature, just like old times in Fire Red*

Being a perfectionist (for the most part) ain't easy. blink

Also, what Moo said.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 05:36 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Nature? w-what?

So one of you guys with Silver should definitely trade me a Murkrow for something else that I can catch.

Okay, when do ya want to trade? I don't mind trading with anyone for ones ya can't get on Gold. I need some Gold only 'mons too.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 08:06 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Scythe
Nature? w-what?

A game mechanic that was added to the Pokemon battling system since Ruby/Sapphire.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

And yeah, I'm picky about which nature my Pokemon gets when it comes to my favorites such as Mew2. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 08:17 AM