KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A game mechanic that was added to the Pokemon battling system since Ruby/Sapphire.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

And yeah, I'm picky about which nature my Pokemon gets when it comes to my favorites such as Mew2. stick out tongue

Ohhh, I see. Neat. It sounds complicated to me abit, but that's cool that it's there.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 08:34 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, it can be a bit complicated, that much I'll agree with, especially when it comes to deciding on what movesets your Pokemon should have when taking the nature thing into account.

Also, apparently once you beat your rival on Mt. Moon (in Kanto) in this game, if you go back to the Dragon's Den to find him there afterward, he'll battle alongside you against Clair and Lance at the same time (am doin' that right now). I find it pretty cool. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 09:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Scythe
Nature? w-what?

Okay, when do ya want to trade? I don't mind trading with anyone for ones ya can't get on Gold. I need some Gold only 'mons too.

Whenever you want is okay, but which Pokemon do you want? I'm really not sure which ones are Gold only. I think Stantler might be.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:42 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Whenever you want is okay, but which Pokemon do you want? I'm really not sure which ones are Gold only. I think Stantler might be.

I'll have to catch another for you in the Safari Zone, and I need a Growlithe.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 08:54 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I just caught a lvl 7 Pidgeotto blink

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 09:11 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What the f**k? Where did you catch it at?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 12:26 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Viridian Forest

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 12:30 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oi.. That's where Ash caught one in the 1st season of the anime. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 12:41 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Scythe
I'll have to catch another for you in the Safari Zone, and I need a Growlithe.

Deal. I'll try and catch you a rather beneficially natured Growlithe.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 12:44 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I got two good ones with the only two I caught. Brave and Adamant, which is arguably the best nature for an Arcanine/Growlithe.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 02:15 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Thinking of changing my line-up with an All-Dragon-type team.

My team will be Altaria, Flygon, Salamence, Garchomp, Kingdra, Palkia.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 02:53 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Deal. I'll try and catch you a rather beneficially natured Growlithe.

That's okay, you can give me the weakest one, it doesn't really matter what nature they are to me, just want it for the Pokedex entry and what not, I'll shoot ya a PM when I get another Murkrow.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 03:26 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I got my SS version. I went with Totodile, since a lot of you went with Cyndaquil.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 04:35 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

On that note, my starter has just reached level 100. smile Now for Mewtwo...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 05:48 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I've never made any of my Pkmn lvl100.

Strongest in my team is a lvl90 Palkia (traded from Platinum)

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:37 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Just got a Palkia, Darkrai and Arceus. Don't know what the hell they are, but they kick ass.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 11:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

.. Did you go to an event or something?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 11:44 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Arceus is God. Palkia controls the dimension of Space. Darkrai is just a Dark type who's big gimmick is being a counter to Cresselia. Cresselia for the Full Moon, Darkrai for the New Moon.

Darkrai had his own movie, and that one was like, Mewtwo level, only in durability.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 11:49 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
.. Did you go to an event or something?

Kinda, not really. I was over at a friend's house, and he basically told me if I wanted the Palkia that was at lv.69 since I leveled it up via his game when he let me borrow it. He has the other one, Dialga. It's his favorite. He didn't care for the other one, so I sorta leveled it up after I caught it. Since the game was his, I left it there, now he traded it to me for a Pidgey, since he insists it's mine. The lv. 100 Arceus was given to me today when I won it at a raffle at some video game store on the military base I went to take my class at. Then, while I was there, a nice girl hooked me up with a lv. 100 Darkrai because she said I was sweet, compared to everyone else who beat her there and rubbed it in. That was pretty mean.

Overall, I traded:

Hoppip for Arceus
Pidgey for Palkia
Rattata for Darkrai

Arceus is God. Palkia controls the dimension of Space. Darkrai is just a Dark type who's big gimmick is being a counter to Cresselia. Cresselia for the Full Moon, Darkrai for the New Moon.

Darkrai had his own movie, and that one was like, Mewtwo level, only in durability.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info. These newer Pokemon are weird, and crazy. I'm only used to the ones in Blue/Red/Yellow and the original Gold and Silver. Everything else has been one giant: "The hell is that?!?! What would that be weak against?! Is it a fire type, fml!!!!"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 12:07 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Meh, if you were to so much as suggest that you don't know what some Pokemon is I'd probably tell you. I enjoy this series too much.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 12:14 AM