KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sleeping Dogs [formerly True Crime: Hong Kong]

Sleeping Dogs [formerly True Crime: Hong Kong]
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i hear the actual story is short, Then you have all the side missions and so on.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 03:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The combat is pretty fun. makes you feel pretty BA when you destroy like 10 dudes with counter moves and not take a hit. I've only done it a couple of times though. haven't played all the way through, but for what I have played, it is fun. Wouldn't really put it above saints row and the like, but definitely entertaining.

I have also eperienced glitchiness in the form of the character not being able to move at certain random points in the game. It is fixed if you restart from a savepoint or load, but it is still kind of annoying though.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 07:46 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This game has gotten a shit ton of DLC even a horror themed one, One released recently which continues the games story

(Also the search function on this site is so broken, i was typing in the name Sleeping Dogs and couldn't find it but yet it can find True Crime erm )

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 03:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sweet game. Under rated.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Awesome game. The only thing I'd wish they ke[t from the True Crime formula was the branching storyline based on your decisions.

Like if Wei Shin could have stayed as a Red Pole and cut his ties with the cops and things like that.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 04:38 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Like to know when a Game of the year edition will be announced for this game

been hanging off waiting for it to be announced.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 06:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I love this game, and I haven't even played any of the non-free DLC. Got it cheap on Steam a ways back but only really started playing it again recently. IMO it's easily in the same ballpark as SR and GTA.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 07:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would like to get it, But i don't want to buy it and then start getting some of the DLC for it. Only later for them to announce a Game of the year edition.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 08:15 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I would think that if a Game of the Year edition was going to come out it'd already have been announced.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 08:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah. There don't seem to be any GotY plans. All the DLC has come out and they're starting on the sequel.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 08:46 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah agreed.

Just finished story mode today; damn that was impressive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 02:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

The story was great. But it could have been so much better if they'd kept the branching storyline aspect of the past True Crime games. I'm hopeful they'll implement it in the next installment...and maybe on next gen.

Also the Bruce Lee DLC was awesome.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 01:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. There don't seem to be any GotY plans. All the DLC has come out and they're starting on the sequel.

Which is a shame

guess i could get the game, Had a look at the DLC for it basically cheap as chips for most of it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 01:43 AM
KingD19

Yeah. The game plus the DLC's won't cost that much especially now. But it's all worth it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 02:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. The game plus the DLC's won't cost that much especially now. But it's all worth it.

Just surprised that there hasn't been any GotY plans, Oh well their decision.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:13 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Doesn't a game technically have to be voted GOTY by at least one publication before they'll realistically do that?

Or was Sleeping Dogs voted as such? I genuinely don't know.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
Doesn't a game technically have to be voted GOTY by at least one publication before they'll realistically do that?

That seems to be the case

quote:
A Game of the Year Edition is any video game that has been repackaged and advertised as having earned either one or many Game of the Year awards from any number of recognized publications or websites, often times with a discounted price and additional content.

don't know how Dead Island got it what with all its bugs/glitches.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 06:28 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by -Pr-
I love this game, and I haven't even played any of the non-free DLC. Got it cheap on Steam a ways back but only really started playing it again recently. IMO it's easily in the same ballpark as SR and GTA.

In terms of storyline and how much I personally enjoyed the game, I'd say it's superior to most games in both the GTA & SR franchises. Driving and shooting are also handled better when compared to most games in those 2 franchises, IMO; never mind hand to hand combat and platforming.

Drug Busts were hilarious though. I laughed every time I sent the police after the wrong person. Sometimes even after a civilian.

Also:

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 04:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed on the story part. In fact, I would go so far as to say Sleeping Dogs played like a normal 3rd person action game; it just happened to have a huge open world added in. In a good way. Because of that, it had a more cinematic story than the other two tended to really have.

I wouldn't say the guns are better (and I still prefer GTA's driving), but that's not to say Sleeping Dogs did it badly. It didn't. The game does so many things right, and it really was a joy to play. It actually felt like one of those old Hong Kong action movies. Really brutal and not afraid to tug at the heart-strings.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 04:32 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Makes sense when you look at it that way. Combat and platforming are handled well enough that it could be seen as a 3rd person action game with an open world environment to run around in.

Up until GTA V, I didn't really like the driving and shooting mechanics in a GTA game.
Only reasons I drove were to run over pedestrians and get around in missions. Was way too easy to lose control of the car. So far, the best car handling I've seen in an open world GTA-esque game has been in Mafia.

Yeah, the game was certainly a good call back to those action movies.

Will you get the DLC? I'm waiting for a sale or some such.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 05:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote