KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guinness reveals gaming's most recognizable character

Guinness reveals gaming's most recognizable character
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Consider this: Take a pie, pizza, giant cookie, or really any circular object. Cut just one slice out of it. Who is it?

Now, go anywhere and make the "wakka wakka wakka" sound. Who doesn't know who it is?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 05:22 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

who is it?

im serious. no expression

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 05:24 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Oh and Michael Jackson would win this (he was a video game character for the Sega Genesis and Arcade) so it counts!

No it doesn't. He has to originate as a video game character (not just be in a game) for it to count.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 06:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Consider this: Take a pie, pizza, giant cookie, or really any circular object. Cut just one slice out of it. Who is it?

Now, go anywhere and make the "wakka wakka wakka" sound. Who doesn't know who it is?

Fozzy Bear?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 07:29 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

(To the Pacman Mario debaters) Who cares? Most people know both and if they don't know one or the other it's not really a big deal... they just don't have enough of an interest.

But I'd be inclined to go with Mario if we're having the debate though, all children of today know who Mario is (as games with him in are still being made, and I mean proper games)... Pacman... It's possible they won't know him because he's less publicised.

Last edited by §P0oONY on Jan 5th, 2010 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 08:24 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Guinness reveals gaming's most recognizable character

Originally posted by Smasandian
So when you say its Mario, that's fact right?

Yes. wink

That was a joke, dude. After I said all that I said, and then I claim that it's Mario, it should be obvious that I'm being facetious.

Oh, because the Internet is around to look up videogame information? That's why its there right?

No. The implied is that they are modernly deficient and are obviously not keeping up with trends/society.

You're 0/2, bud. Improve or I'll steal the harddrive in your 360. no expression *

*And, just in case you also misinterpret that as serious, it was a joke. I won't steal anything.

Edit - I just noticed that EVERYONE who commented on my post didn't get that me claiming it was Mario AFTER making a long-a$$ comment about how the only way to properly determine the results, is obviously a joke/sarcasm/facetiousness. Of all people, I thought Peach would get that cause she's...smart n'stuff.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 5th, 2010 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 08:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

dadudemon, you're KMC's most recognizable character. definetely.

and that's a fact.

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 09:21 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
dadudemon, you're KMC's most recognizable character. definetely.

and that's a fact.

cool

lulz.

It's cause I post EVERYWHERE! hahaha

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 10:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Re: Re: Re: Re: Guinness reveals gaming's most recognizable character

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes. wink

That was a joke, dude. After I said all that I said, and then I claim that it's Mario, it should be obvious that I'm being facetious.

No. The implied is that they are modernly deficient and are obviously not keeping up with trends/society.

You're 0/2, bud. Improve or I'll steal the harddrive in your 360. no expression *

*And, just in case you also misinterpret that as serious, it was a joke. I won't steal anything.

Edit - I just noticed that EVERYONE who commented on my post didn't get that me claiming it was Mario AFTER making a long-a$$ comment about how the only way to properly determine the results, is obviously a joke/sarcasm/facetiousness. Of all people, I thought Peach would get that cause she's...smart n'stuff.

Yeah, because keeping up on trends about videogames is what everybody does nowadays.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 11:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yellow dots eating nothing but smaller dots and ghosts is more recognizable than Italian plumbers rescuing princesses from evil turtles? I'm surprised it's PacMan, I always thought it was Mario.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 11:59 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I'm surprised it wasn't a Tetris Block, but I can see Pac Man bein' in the Guinness book for this and I'm cool wit that. It makes sense.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:19 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guinness reveals gaming's most recognizable character

Yeah, because keeping up on trends about videogames is what everybody does nowadays.

Right, cause keeping up on video game trends is exactly what I was talking about.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:26 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Wasn't it?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Wasn't it?

No, this was it:

That would include many items, one of which would include knowing who "Mario" is.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 01:08 AM
Impediment
Endless

Mario would be my first guess.

Pac Man? He's old school and iconic.

He deserves the spot.

Mrs. Pac Man is a hungry whore.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 01:22 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No, this was it:

That would include many items, one of which would include knowing who "Mario" is.

I took it another way.

Considering trends/society is a generic term, I assumed you meant gaming because we were talking about Mario.

But I guess your an idiot if you don't know the current trends in food and clothing.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 01:25 AM
dadudemon

I took it another way.

Considering trends/society is a generic term, I assumed you meant gaming because we were talking about Mario.

K.

But I guess your an idiot if you don't know the current trends in food and clothing.

Not really. I never said that, either.

However, I did say, "No. The implied is that they are modernly deficient and are obviously not keeping up with trends/society."

Almost 30 years of an industry that permeates every facet of entertainment, is kind of hard to miss.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 03:32 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

K.

Not really. I never said that, either.

However, I did say, "No. The implied is that they are modernly deficient and are obviously not keeping up with trends/society."

Almost 30 years of an industry that permeates every facet of entertainment, is kind of hard to miss.

I take that as calling people an idiot for not knowing newer industries.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 04:21 AM
dadudemon

I take that as calling people an idiot for not knowing newer industries.

30 years is not "newer" industries. Idiot still works, though. smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 04:34 AM
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

not really surprising since Pac-Man's been around so long
plus[i dont know if they still do this] but i remember my math teacher using him to help us remember "greater than" and "less than" math equations

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 04:49 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote