KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame

The Most Dumbest Things that Involed a Videogame
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
taunts in fighting games are the most dumbest thing involved in fighting videogames..

i can't count how many times myself and others accidentaly press taunt buttons and pay for it hard. Tekken 6 is very guilty of this.

Couldn't agree more. They were kinda funny at first, but then got old and stupid pretty fast, especially when they started having 'em in the majority of fighting titles.

The custom taunts in Brawl (online) though was when I really started hating them.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Also, my brother got in BIIIIIG trouble for drawing guns as his favorite thing, when he was in second grade. Big BIG trouble. I lol'd so hard. I wanted to punch the teacher and the Principal for thinking it was even a big deal. It's that type of mentality that needs to STFU and die.

... That's pathetic. Damn..

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Australia sure loves to kick it's gamers where it hurts kangaroo-style. It's stupid that they want to keep M rated games out of their country. Australia really isn't a clean place as they think it is so they should just stop it and look less lame.

M rated ???

hahaahahaa

thats not our highest rating for games................yet

its MA 15+ .

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Couldn't agree more. They were kinda funny at first, but then got old and stupid pretty fast, especially when they started having 'em in the majority of fighting titles.

you know what else i think is the dumbest thing that games should've been fixed by now, is when your character walks up to a wall, and they still keep on walking or running. it's like are you serious? how do you run in place while face to face with wall directly infront of you, with it being in your way. same goes for ledges and cliffs. in alot of games you won't fall off, you just keep doing the foward moonwalk. fail. resident evil was the most memorable one for me when it came to thins when it came out in 96 and it still did it with pt. 5 12 years later in 2008, the most recent one i played that does this is "Darksiders" for the 360. and that came out in 2010..

enough with it..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:43 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Dumbest decisions not to release games in North America, in terms of lost revenue-
Super Mario Bros. 2
Castlevania X: The Rondo of Blood
Mother (Earthbound Zero)
Mother 3
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Original version of Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
Freshly Picked Tingle's Rose Colored Rupeeland
Color-Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
Mad City (The fixed, more fair version of The Adventures of Bayou Billy)
Castlevania III, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Zelda II (with the extra soundchip present to better emulate richer soundtracks and/or the Disk System sound chip)
Mega Man and Bass
Mega Man: The Wily Wars
Vampire Killer
Star Fox 2
Sin and Punishment
Stafy series
Fire Emblem series
Final Fantasy V

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:59 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:19 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Pretty much anything these guys do. Funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:32 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by SpadeKing
Pretty much anything these guys do. Funny though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oXx0qwe0wc

they did the same thing on X-Play
back when it was a good show to watch

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:50 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Darth Jello

Look. It's Bardock42.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 06:20 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Look. It's Bardock42.
Ouch.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 06:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

If his gut wasn't showing, I would swear he was trying to steal a television.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 08:38 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Bardock42
Ouch.

yea you're there calorie counting on your psp..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 08:51 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Looks like that fat guy from Superbad.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 10:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by MadMel
if only being a blatant douchebag was illegal sad

So many fake bake Guidos would be in prison.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 10:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Looks like that fat guy from Superbad.
If he ate Michael Cera maybe...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 10:51 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Everything that has happened videogame-related has gotten ridiculous. Like that time Resident Evil 5 was accused of being racism or when Nannies were offended by the "Bad Nanny" Achievement/Trophy in Dante's Inferno and actually called the ESRB to tell EA Redwood to remove it. Things like that are just plain dumb and so I ask you, what's the dumbest thing you've heard that involved a videogame?

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
Left 4 Dead 2 was accused of being racist cause people said most of the infected looked black and there was bodies floating in the water which offended people affected by Hurricane Katrina

This kinda crap really proves my point that people get offended over the stupidest crap. I mean seriously? Getting offended because of bodies floating in the water? I mean, Good God…

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
" After being banned from the PlayStation Network for hateful comments stated in Resistance's online community, Erik Estavillo launched not one, but two, lawsuits against Sony for infringing on his "first amendment rights" -- an argument that was shot down by Judge Ronald Whyte simply because "Sony is not part of the government."

However, what Estavillo lacks in civil online discourse, he makes up for with sheer determination and persistence. In addition to Sony, he now has both Microsoft and Nintendo in his sights. Estavillo is seeking $75,000 from Microsoft for the "undue stress" and "sadness" caused by his Xbox 360's RROD. "Microsoft should have to bear the burden that is now put on the shoulders of this disabled plaintiff," his claim states -- a burden that is equivalent to the sum of 375 Xbox 360 systems, apparently. Nintendo is being sued for interfering with Estavillo's "pursuit of happiness." And how exactly is Nintendo doing that? "Deleting, blocking or prohibiting the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina applications" via a system update.

We're hoping you can see the sheer brilliance of Estavillo's strategy. He's offering the perfect opportunity for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo fans to agree on something for once. "

laughing out loud Frivolous law suits like this always make me smile.

The original Xbox controller was shit, they charge you for a service that's free through Sony and Nintendo

We'll ignore the fact that on the PS3 it's not that great, and Nintendo's online system is a piece of crap, which isn‘t worth even a cent...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 05:01 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
We'll ignore the fact that on the PS3 it's not that great, and Nintendo's online system is a piece of crap, which isn‘t worth even a cent...

That's like.....the cruder version of what that Microsoft speaker said at the 08 E3.

Are...you......a Microsoft Employee in disguise?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 10:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

OH MY GOD!! THAT WAL-MART IS SELLING FOOD?! I've never seen a Wal-Mart sell produce.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 11:35 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's like.....the cruder version of what that Microsoft speaker said at the 08 E3.

Are...you......a Microsoft Employee in disguise?

Heh. He's got a point though.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 09:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

taunts in fighting games are the most dumbest thing involved in fighting videogames..

i can't count how many times myself and others accidentaly press taunt buttons and pay for it hard. Tekken 6 is very guilty of this.

I like doing the taunts and they were done good in Street Fighter Alpha 3 could only press it once and that was on the Select button on the controllers.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 02:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i remember hearing about the "sex scene in Mass Effect"
i was just randomly flipping through channels and Larry King was talking about it

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 03:03 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote