KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Game Informer's Top 200 Games of all time

Game Informer's Top 200 Games of all time
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snow Villiers
Is it just me or has Final Fantasy VI become really overrated? Don't get me wrong, I do love the game and it's nowhere near as out of place as the vast majority of games on the list, and it's not really about its placing on this list but it's a thought I've had for a while now and I just really don't see how a lot of people can rate it as highly as they do. I know people love to hate on Final Fantasy VII for a reason I'm not sure I entirely understand but how people think it comes close to VII or IX, let alone the best Final Fantasy really has me baffled.

Dunno, I think FF is really overrated in general. FF7 most of all.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 05:44 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Planescape: Torment at 188 and GTA at 4.

This be making sense.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 06:03 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snow Villiers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Dunno, I think FF is really overrated in general. FF7 most of all.

They're all incredible games, however some are overrated (VI and X in particular), but VII? It's barely overrated, if at all. It's recognised by many as being what it is (one of the greatest games ever made, and arguably the greatest, especially for its time) and a lot of people seem to like to hate on it for that very reason.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:38 PM
Snow Villiers is currently offline Click here to Send Snow Villiers a Private Message Find more posts by Snow Villiers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bullshit FF 7 is waaaaaaaaay more overated then VI.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:42 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snow Villiers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Considering how much better than VI VII actually was, and the fact that VI is generally rated as almost as highly as VII, and even more highly by a large number of people, I'm gonna have to give you a big "NO!" on that one.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:54 PM
Snow Villiers is currently offline Click here to Send Snow Villiers a Private Message Find more posts by Snow Villiers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

FF7 IS overrated Imo. While it is a great game, its far from the "best game every made" ff7 fanboys keep spouting.

I personally regarded FFX as the best of the series.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 03:16 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

FFVII was legendary for the fact that it revolutionized RPG in a completely 3D environment.

It definitely deserves a spot in any top 20 'best of all time' list.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 06:59 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snow Villiers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed. I'd put it in my top five personally.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 07:08 PM
vandalworks

FF7 isnt overrated. i'm not a fanboy or anything, i just remember the game being 'that' good. it captured me in a way not many other games did, it had an addictive and compelling story, and it had a really good turn based combat system. theres always going to be people who dont like it, we're all different. but there is a majority of people who regard it with distinction in their gaming life.

i think my personal top games would include ff7, super mario world, super mario kart, cod4, gta3, nba jam, street fighter 2.... theres probably loads that i have much love for, but would probably not be in a list such as this. for every 10 games i love, theres probably 8 of them people will disagree with.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 01:54 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BoratBorat
FF7 IS overrated Imo. While it is a great game, its far from the "best game every made" ff7 fanboys keep spouting.

I personally regarded FFX as the best of the series.

and then theres the fannoys who have a hard on for sephiroth.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 03:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

the list was flawed before being made. You can't rate games of completely different genres and time periods and try to decide which is better. what a stupid idea

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 04:02 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vandalworks
FF7 isnt overrated. i'm not a fanboy or anything, i just remember the game being 'that' good. it captured me in a way not many other games did, it had an addictive and compelling story, and it had a really good turn based combat system. theres always going to be people who dont like it, we're all different. but there is a majority of people who regard it with distinction in their gaming life.

It isn't overrated for those who grew up in your generation.

I started gaming in 2001? So i grew up with the later games thats why and VII didn't felt that revolutionary after wards.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 04:21 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
and then theres the fannoys who have a hard on for sephiroth.

Don't remind me. sick

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 05:45 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote