KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which type of gamer are you?

Which type of gamer are you?
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

0% Grrl gamer
1% fanboi (Zelda, obviously)
0% Gigantor
0% Tournyfag
1% Fatlus (yes, I am fat, currently have no girlfriend, and due to financial distress, am still stuck living with my parents... though I intend to rectify that whole "living with parents" thing soon.)
1% Bro Gamer (I'm sorry, sony just doesn't cut it for me. Though I am looking forward to Heavy Rain.)
0% Ronery
0% Assclown
0% Wowfag
1% Typical /v/irgin (I engage in console wars, not going to lie, I tend to think they are fun.)
0% piratefag (damn thieves)
10% Elitest (I like SSBM better than SSBB, and Halo 1 is indeed superior to 2 & 3. And I can't stand anything WOW related.)
0% Casualfag
20% Rec gamer (I am not restricted by consoles, though I do tend to play my 360 most. I also have a life outside of Videogames, however small it may be.)
20% Retro Gamer (I still own and play on a regular basis my SNES, N64, PS1 [well those games on my ps2], and would still have an NES if it hadn't died several years ago.)
46% Pro Gamer (Am almost in the age range [just a few more months] Though I often get cocky when playing with certain friends, I usually don't rub my victories in other people's faces. I play for fun, don't go for that MLG tournament stuff. I am studying to go into Game development. I have been gaming the vast majority of my life. Some of my earliest memories are of playing Duck Hunt on my brother's NES. I do not pirate (Read: Steal), sometimes I rent, usually I buy.)

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jan 11th, 2010 at 01:41 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 01:29 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Have 'traits' from both the Elitist and Pro Gamer categories, though geared more towards the latter. Don't hate WoWfags or Fatluses, but do hate it when people don't recognize skill.
Not yet 21, nor do I work on Game Dev/QA (would like to though, perhaps even as a game/beta tester).
Been gaming for 11 years now, I often let others win, though that's just restricted to 'IRL' play.
Used to like the FIFA series, but hate the newer versions. 1999-2001 are the only ones in the series that I'd consider playing. Don't bother with any other sports game.

Also, the picture is WIN.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jan 11th, 2010 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 01:31 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Excellent thread, great pic

I guess:

Pro Gamer 100%

I would have said 30% piratefag, and 10 Rec, but both of them are included in Pro Gamer

I'm 25, been gaming for over 18 years, I have a life outside videogames... don't like sports game, unless I got someone to play with me (not online), then I play either PES or Madden... but not own them (the games)
I play for fun... I hate Elitists, but I respect Tournyfags.
I have all consoles and handhelds this gen (except Iphone... if consider console/handheld)... I have a PC but the last big thing I really played was Warcraft 3... though I'm looking to upgrade this year. I play pretty much anything

but I also got a thousand roms, my PSP got every emulator available... and I usually "get" games that are not worth a penny... though the good ones I buy afterwards...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:06 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

cross between pro and rec gamer...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 06:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Rec Gamer, I guess. I play a fair amount (not as much now as I used to though), I play a bunch of different things, and I do like casual games, though not Halo or TF2 (I quite dislike those), but more puzzle games and the like (Puzzle Quest rocks).

Pro Gamer is a decent fit, but I don't really play games with other people (and lack the hand-eye coordination to really be very skilled at most games), and I don't pirate stuff stick out tongue
I'm inclined to agree with this. (for me)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 09:45 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Assclown

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:03 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Digi
I love the fact that grrl gamer is the most hated-upon in the bracket there because of her place on the respective axises (Skill and Faggotry). Surely there's more despicable groups on there.

I suppose, if any, I have parts Rec Gamer and WoWfag in me. I don't have as much time play as I used to, and do play WoW fairly regularly. Not to the exclusion of my 360, but it certainly cuts down on my gaming. And I'd like to think I'm more versed in video gaming in general than either category, and certainly was a console generation or two ago. Back on maybe the N64 I'd call myself a Pro Gamer. Pretty good without taking it seriously, and just good enough to challenge those who took certain games much more seriously. Anymore, not so much though.

Oh, I don't know. I hate "grrl gamers" wholeheartedly.
I'm something of a Rec Gamer, I suppose.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:07 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Initially, the Rec Gamer category was supposed to a wider appeal. It sounds too similar to Casual-*** now, but it's more for those who simply play a good deal of games, but the games have a minimum effect on their lives. The Ronery category is also a bit too similar to Fatlus. They're essentially the same with Ronery having less social skills, if possible, and more actual gaming skills. They are all supposed to be somewhat degrading, except for Pro-Gamer and Rec Gamer. But that's part of the fun, a little insight into the ol' self (inb4decartes).

The latter skill category basically lists different mindsets. Tourneyfags worshipping vicotry, Assclowns being assclowns, Pro Gamers being the mature and Elitist being raging game nazis. And I suppose tastes in games varies. Tourneyfags are typically Tekken/Street Fighter gamers and so on, where as Elitist and down will often play a lot of single-player games as well as multiplayer ones.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I think I suit the elitist gamer category best. I'm pretty bitter and easily angered when it comes to gaming. Usually play and behave like an ******* in any sort of competitive play. If I ever "hold" back in a pro-gamer esque manner, it's just so I can humiliate my opponent even more in the next fight. Slightly older games hold a certain appeal to me, not retro-games but many from the late 90s. Own most consoles and play active only the PC. Only thing that's a bit off is that I play my Computer and console equally.

Elitist 80%
/v/irgin 10%
Piratefag 10%

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Last edited by Kris Blaze on Jan 11th, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:30 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

pirate/pro gamer here big grin
although i do have an elitist like bitterness when playing some games - not all though..

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:36 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am an ass clown elitist gamer.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:43 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

50% piratefag
25% tourneyfag
25% rec gamer

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 07:29 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Assclown is definitely me, sadly.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:21 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Pro, retro, recreational as I don't play much anymore. Though I like insanely hard stuff.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:38 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I own all three concoles, play all three,
Pro gamer

You just contradicted yourself. do you own a gc, n64, nes, snes, etc?

No. and you said "all 3" Nice pro

I was an elitist piratefag when I really gamed. Basically, summer vacations all my hs. When I have a job/school I turn into a recgamer/ progamer/piratefag.

So...
10% assclown, some of my tactics.
5% retro gamer (If n64 and GC are retro? i still enjoy them and I enjoy ssboriginal more then ssbm so HA on elitest.)
28.3% elitest in my comments, additude towards retards, and when I play ulitmately seriously.
28.3% Rec Gamer in my habitual playing. I play a bit.
28.3% Pro gamer in the fact that I rarely rub it in or am an ass when just playing in a group of friends.

And tf2 is the best competetive online experience I have ever had. SO you know how that is.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by Moriarty on Jan 12th, 2010 at 07:37 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 07:30 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
Is Sarah a gamer, too?

Yeah. She owns our 360. She's been playing Prince of Persia and Bayonetta lately.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 11:23 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

As accurate as the list pretty much is, I still think tourneyfags are the ones who bring out the worst in gamers, more-so than any of the other groups shown. People who forget the point of gaming altogether and play just to win should be ranked among the highest of faggotry. thumb down

IMO

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i'm a rec/pro gamer but i come across as a casual gamer to just not bringing the subject up at all, especially to chicks/women, unless they're into it, which is rare.

but i a an avid player. have been since i got my very first console, a genesis, as a kid with "altered beast" but way before that i've had my friend bring over his atari all the time. it is a hobby of mine. i play just about everyday. every once in a while i let a day, maybe 2, pass by. and it's been like that for about the past couple decades.

i do look for tournaments in the region on the specific games i play. i have hosted dozens of video game nights with food and drink. i am very competetive and passionate especially when it comes to fighting games and sports games.

I love my xps more than i do my 360 because it's a greater machine.

People usually by tv's to watch tv but i got my Sony bravia for video games primarily. That goes for my PC, as well.

thanks to current technologies, i have 43 xbox 360 games that i overindulge in, and i love it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:50 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UYVLIOEO
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe I best fit the role of "fatty".

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:52 PM
UYVLIOEO is currently offline Click here to Send UYVLIOEO a Private Message Find more posts by UYVLIOEO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As accurate as the list pretty much is, I still think tourneyfags are the ones who bring out the worst in gamers, more-so than any of the other groups shown. People who forget the point of gaming altogether and play just to win should be ranked among the highest of faggotry. thumb down

IMO

They are ranked highest in faggotry on that picture.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:55 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

but i a an avid player. have been since i got my very first console, a genesis, as a kid with "altered beast"
I swear I read this as "altered breast"

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:56 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote