KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spartan005
whats next? are they going to reboot "The dark Knight" too?

jesus christ. WHAT IS THE POINT??????

The Dark Knight is the result of a rebooted franchise. Its gold.

The point is another take on the mythos. And to bring it back to square one and get a fresh start after the dissapointment of Spidey 3.

One more thing, would you rather see a new actor play Peter Parker in a new beggining? Or an actor take over where Tobey left off? Reboot is the smartest move imo.

quote:
but at some point Peter Parker has to got to grow up and become a man so putting in high school along with the miley cyrus and other little kids since this will be aimed at them better produce a huge smashing success otherwise their will be firings over at sony

Of course he does. But they took him out of High School within 1 movie. I think it was a bit hasty and some of Spidey best stories come from his High School days.

Just because he is in high school doesnt mean its going to be marketed towards fans of Miley Cyrus and High School Musical. Thats plain idiocy to say. Thats like saying Ultimate Spiderman is aimed towards that audience.
I will admit that I am a fan of SM 1 and 2. But I will never deny the fact that Tobey was a TERRIBLE Spiderman (though a decent Peter Parker). I'm seriously ready for some hilarious sarcasm from the webhead on the big screen. It's one of his trademarks, soo hopefully they will utilize it in this reboot.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 06:36 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

Of course he does. But they took him out of High School within 1 movie. I think it was a bit hasty and some of Spidey best stories come from his High School days.

but in the first spiderman film it played well showing him barely in high school here it doesn't appear to be the case

quote:
Just because he is in high school doesnt mean its going to be marketed towards fans of Miley Cyrus and High School Musical. Thats plain idiocy to say. Thats like saying Ultimate Spiderman is aimed towards that audience.
I will admit that I am a fan of SM 1 and 2. But I will never deny the fact that Tobey was a TERRIBLE Spiderman (though a decent Peter Parker). I'm seriously ready for some hilarious sarcasm from the webhead on the big screen. It's one of his trademarks, soo hopefully they will utilize it in this reboot.

in some ways it does especially since it appears that sony may possibly hire people like rob pattinson, kristin stewart, possibly cyrus herself, etc... i will say this again sony better hope this film is a success

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lets hope they go with mechanical web shooters besides keeping Mr Parker happy.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. I can deal with Spiderman in high school if it's his senior year, but i'm thinking they's put him in Freshman year and the next three installments will be the goddamn highschool years.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 10:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. .

Who else besides Spider-Man ?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 12:30 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Scythe
Yay!

yeah thats absolutey the best news I've ever heard. Happy Dance Happy Dance
Thats something they were in desperate need of doing is getting a new director who understands the character of spider-man and for sure any different actor other than Tobey Mcguire for Peter Parker would be an improvement. Since they are going back and starting all over again,MAYBE we will finally get to see the TRUE spider-man on screen with WEBSHOOTERS. Happy Dance

They finally redeemed themselves with Batman with Batman Begins,maybe they can do so now with Spider-Man being rebooted as well.this is awesome.Hope they can get it right THIS time.

whether people realise it or not,the sad truth is just like batman 89,sm1 was just god awful and horrible.It seriously looked like it was written by a five year old with lame ass dialougue like spiderman saying to Green Goblin-Your out Gobby,out of your mind.That was so lame for a wisecrack from spiderman.

Or like in the beginning when Mcguire was talking saying-you want to know who I am,you sure you want to know who I am? It didnt help having Opey corny Tobey Mcguire delivering the lines. I would expect that kind of screenwriting out of a five year old,seriously. mad Once people are objective and take off the blinders and stop getting so excited about a spiderman movie FINALLY being brought to the screen,the logical ones realise that the first one was almost as horrible as the third one was.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 14th, 2010 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 04:59 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Spartan005
whats next? are they going to reboot "The dark Knight" too?

jesus christ. WHAT IS THE POINT??????

The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally neccessary.If they had continued with the same crap they been churning out since day one,the movies would just get worse and worse under Raimi and Sony. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, no need to reboot Dark Knight,that was a great and amazing film unlike the man-spider movies.Now maybe we will finally get to see spider-man onscreen instead of man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like i said,they needed to reboot the Batman franchise with Batman Begins because the sad trus is whether you realise it or not is before Batman Begins,ALL the Batman movies from 89 to 97 sucked so hollywood FINALLY redeemed themselves with Batman Begins.Now they have a chance to finally redeem themselves with spider-man.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 14th, 2010 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:18 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

After Monday's big announcement that Sony is rebooting the "Spider-Man" franchise, the attention has turned to which director and star will bring the new version to life.

According to Deadline Hollywood, (500) Days of Summer and music video director Marc Webb is the frontrunner for the director's chair, but that the studio has a "wish list" of directors that also includes James Cameron, David Fincher and Wes Anderson. You would think that District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp is somewhere on that list as well.

The site says that Webb has met with the Spidey producers and studio executives to talk about getting the movie underway later this year for a summer 2012 release. The studio is also reportedly wanting to shoot the film in 3D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/s...ews.php?id=8976

Who the Hell is Marc Webb????

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by The Nuul
After Monday's big announcement that Sony is rebooting the "Spider-Man" franchise, the attention has turned to which director and star will bring the new version to life.

According to Deadline Hollywood, (500) Days of Summer and music video director Marc Webb is the frontrunner for the director's chair, but that the studio has a "wish list" of directors that also includes James Cameron, David Fincher and Wes Anderson. You would think that District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp is somewhere on that list as well.

The site says that Webb has met with the Spidey producers and studio executives to talk about getting the movie underway later this year for a summer 2012 release. The studio is also reportedly wanting to shoot the film in 3D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/s...ews.php?id=8976

Who the Hell is Marc Webb????

dont know but they sure as hell better not helm Cameron as the director.as much of a great director he is,he doesnt understand the character of spider-man and he was the one initially responsible for the way the franchise headed in the wrong and stupid direction it did.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:56 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by Mr Parker
The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally

I just don't understand though? I mean this with the up most respect for you and am not trying to come down on your comment, but how is that after 2 wonderful Spider-Man films, and one medicore one, that suddenly earases all the good that Raimi brought in. After Spider-Man 2, alot of people said that it was this film that set the standards for Superhero movies.

Sony is more at fault for the crap that was the third one, but one bad film doesn't mean they couldn't have made a great 4th one.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:58 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I just don't understand though? I mean this with the up most respect for you and am not trying to come down on your comment, but how is that after 2 wonderful Spider-Man films, and one medicore one, that suddenly earases all the good that Raimi brought in. After Spider-Man 2, alot of people said that it was this film that set the standards for Superhero movies.

Sony is more at fault for the crap that was the third one, but one bad film doesn't mean they couldn't have made a great 4th one.

I'm with Mr Parker on this one...when you really look back at the first Raimi Spider-Man movie...it's absolute crap.

1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

4. Where is the Spidey humor? Very piss poor.

The second film was better, but it still had many of the same flaws as the first. And don't get me started on the third.

I'm all for a reboot.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

The point is spiderman fans are getting sick of the sony/Raimi crap franchise and a much needed move like this was totally neccessary.If they had continued with the same crap they been churning out since day one,the movies would just get worse and worse under Raimi and Sony. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No, no need to reboot Dark Knight,that was a great and amazing film unlike the man-spider movies.Now maybe we will finally get to see spider-man onscreen instead of man-spider. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like i said,they needed to reboot the Batman franchise with Batman Begins because the sad trus is whether you realise it or not is before Batman Begins,ALL the Batman movies from 89 to 97 sucked so hollywood FINALLY redeemed themselves with Batman Begins.Now they have a chance to finally redeem themselves with spider-man.

Hey for the time Batman 1989 and Batman returns were good movies plus now its been 20 years since the first one and after the last 2 they had to do something to reboot it. with the hulk (ang lee) after that crap fest they had to do a reboot, and the 2nd one was way better.
now with spiderman i think they could of maybe tried a 4th (either with or without tobey) but i think even though its only been 8 years since the first they should do a reboot and remove kirsten dump and just leave it with one villan (lizard man) and make the story good and please for the love of pete (no pun intended) don't make it so MJ is in trouble AGAIN at the end. The shit show we have seen with spiderman is because hollywood is too greedy and trys to capitalize on it. just take your time get a good director and script then proceed if it take 3 or even 4 years to get the movie out then so be it. it should be at least 3 before the next movie, other wise we could end up with some crap like TF2.

Last edited by darthmaul1 on Jan 14th, 2010 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 07:15 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

ICAM...

Personally i do not want to see Spiderman in high school playing in three films over at least a six year period..

Sony is dead wrong when they think that just because The Dark Knight made a billion dollars deosn't mean this brand new Spiderman film will and since Disney owns Marvel I will not be at all surprised if teen actors/actresses are hired

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 08:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If Disney wants to reboot this franchise the right way....they should go with PIXAR. Otherwise, I can see them going the same path....

...Miley Cyrus as Mary Jane. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 08:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'm with Mr Parker on this one...when you really look back at the first Raimi Spider-Man movie...it's absolute crap.

1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

4. Where is the Spidey humor? Very piss poor.

The second film was better, but it still had many of the same flaws as the first. And don't get me started on the third.

I'm all for a reboot.

And I respect your opinion and all those who don't see the same way I do.

But I need to clarify one thing for those who have problems with them not sticking 100 percent true to the comics. What we need to realize here is that comic books and the film industry are two different mediums. Trust me on this, what translates well in a comic book doesn't necessarily mean it will translate over well over on the big screen when they have a limited amount of time to tell a story.

I think some make it sound like Raimi completely destroyed the Spider-Man films, when it is pretty factual that the majority of the audience enjoyed the first 2 films to death. Box office numbers speak for themsevles.

Just because Mary Jane was the beautiful woman in the comic books doesn't mean she needs to be drop dead gorgeous in the film version.
Raimi has more of a fascination with giving us characters we can relate to, rather than Michael Bay who takes advantage of Megan Fox so the male audience has a reason to see Transformers.

Just because the Batman reboot was sucessful doesn't mean the same will happen for Spider-Man, and to be completely honest with you, I think the reboot will absolutely tank. I could very well be wrong, and if I am, I will still be here 2 years from now and I will be humble and admit it, but we'll have to see.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Jan 14th, 2010 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:13 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

And I respect your opinion and all those who don't see the same way I do.

But I need to clarify one thing for those who have problems with them not sticking 100 percent true to the comics. What we need to realize here is that comic books and the film industry are two different mediums. Trust me on this, what translates well in a comic book doesn't necessarily mean it will translate over well over on the big screen when they have a limited amount of time to tell a story.

I think some make it sound like Raimi completely destroyed the Spider-Man films, when it is pretty factual that the majority of the audience enjoyed the first 2 films to death. Box office numbers speak for themsevles.

Just because Mary Jane was the beautiful woman in the comic books doesn't mean she needs to be drop dead gorgeous in the film version.
Raimi has more of a fascination with giving us characters we can relate to, rather than Michael Bay who takes advantage of Megan Fox so the male audience has a reason to see Transformers.

Just because the Batman reboot was sucessful doesn't mean the same will happen for Spider-Man, and to be completely honest with you, I think the reboot will absolutely tank. I could very well be wrong, and if I am, I will still be here 2 years from now and I will be humble and admit it, but we'll have to see.

Don't get me wrong, I know they can't stick 100% true to the comics, but they should have him meet Mary Jane the same way he does in the comics. That's a major point in the comics, and it should be the same in the movie.

They can give us a Mary Jane "we can relate to", but she can still be a lot better looking than Kirsten Dunst. Hopefully a real red head this time too.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 09:41 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Don't get me wrong, I know they can't stick 100% true to the comics, but they should have him meet Mary Jane the same way he does in the comics. That's a major point in the comics, and it should be the same in the movie.

They can give us a Mary Jane "we can relate to", but she can still be a lot better looking than Kirsten Dunst. Hopefully a real red head this time too.

Agreed. When i saw the first spiderman and that part where MJ comes out of the acting interview and she says to Pete that they said she needs acting lessons. A guy in our theater yelled out you still do. the whole theater burst out laughing.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 10:23 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

I understand why they rebooted the batman franchise. Because those movies DID suck... well at least the sequels did, from what I remember.

But spiderman 1 and 2 were great movies. Who cares if theirs 2 lines of corny dialogue. Two lines aren't going to kill a movie and make it terrible (see avatar)

I'll still see the movie, and probably enjoy it. But why tell the same story over again?

EDIT: And stop with those stupid ****ing smiley faces damnit.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 10:46 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Lets hope they go with mechanical web shooters besides keeping Mr Parker happy.

i liked the idea of organic webbing..

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
If Disney wants to reboot this franchise the right way....they should go with PIXAR. Otherwise, I can see them going the same path....

...Miley Cyrus as Mary Jane. stick out tongue

thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 10:48 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chomperx9
the question is are they gonna make it serious and realistic kinda like how nolan does with the batman films ? or does disney want it to be kinda childish kinda like batman and robin ?
bump anyone know ^

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 11:12 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote