KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

The web shooter device he has in the comics is something I would like to see. It added a new level of peril to Spidey. His ass could run out of webbing at any time, then he'd have to try twice as hard to survive. Which is why the sarcastic sense of humor is important to me too, he's explained it several times in the comics how he uses it because he's unsure of himself and like to keep villains in a pissed off state. Though before the comics went all BND-shitty, he did have organic webbing I believe. So I would miss web devices, but not that much.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 06:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ICAM...

Personally i do not want to see Spiderman in high school playing in three films over at least a six year period..

Sony is dead wrong when they think that just because The Dark Knight made a billion dollars deosn't mean this brand new Spiderman film will and since Disney owns Marvel I will not be at all surprised if teen actors/actresses are hired

Whats soo wrong with Parker being in High School. I personally think Spidey was at his best in High School. He much more relatable to the target audience of both the film and the comics when he is in high school. I honestly never cared about Peters college life. "Oh boy! He's too busy fighting crime soo he cant keep up with his college work!!" Thats all I ever got out of it.

I will say it once again. Bring on the Spidey jokes, bring on the web shooters, bring on the high school stories. Lets make Flash actually blonde this time!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 08:40 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Whats soo wrong with Parker being in High School. I personally think Spidey was at his best in High School. He much more relatable to the target audience of both the film and the comics when he is in high school. I honestly never cared about Peters college life. "Oh boy! He's too busy fighting crime soo he cant keep up with his college work!!" Thats all I ever got out of it.

I will say it once again. Bring on the Spidey jokes, bring on the web shooters, bring on the high school stories. Lets make Flash actually blonde this time!

I liked the fact that the web shooters were part of his mutation. but it was frigin stupid in the 2nd one when he lost his powers. (lame)
Please tell me when the Flash was in spiderman?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 05:04 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I liked the fact that the web shooters were part of his mutation. but it was frigin stupid in the 2nd one when he lost his powers. (lame)
Please tell me when the Flash was in spiderman?

Not THE Flash. Flash Thompson. Mary Jane's boyfriend in the first movie.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 05:45 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Re: Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Sony has just axed McGuire and Sam Raimi in favor of rebooting the franchise. This includes sending Peter Parker back to his high school days. Release date set for 2012.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. I understand there are script disagreements going on right now, but this is utter BS.

It's because everybody wants to make Batman begins now

Spider-man begins & The Dark Web

Superman begins & The Dark Knight of Krypton

Iron man begins

Punisher begins

Green lantern begins & The emerald Knight

In one of the press releases it said (more or less) that the studio wanted to make a movie about a teenage Peter Parker struggling with the conflict of being an adolecent and thrusted into super hero responsibility.

Ummmmmmmmm...............wasn't that what the first films were really about?

Plus Spider-man 1 & 2 are labeled as some of the most succesful comic films of all time. They're not even 10 years old and they just threw them in the trash.

This is when comic book films start to get rediculous people. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they start making two sets of films of the same franchise.

Like there will be Dark batman movies coming out every three years, but then there will be light & funny batman movies in between those just they reach the broad audience to make more cash

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Jan 15th, 2010 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 07:03 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Spartan005
I understand why they rebooted the batman franchise. Because those movies DID suck... well at least the sequels did, from what I remember.

But spiderman 1 and 2 were great movies. Who cares if theirs 2 lines of corny dialogue. Two lines aren't going to kill a movie and make it terrible (see avatar)

I'll still see the movie, and probably enjoy it. But why tell the same story over again?

EDIT: And stop with those stupid ****ing smiley faces damnit.

Believe me it wasnt just those two lines that ruined it.Myself and another poster Bakerboy have listed the reasons why the first one is as god awful in the past as the last one that I can bring up links for if you want.

I love the idea that they are starting over with him in high school assuming they are going to do it right this time giving him the webshooters.This is what I have always wanted.I just dont like the idea of them doing it so soon is all.Do like Batman Begins and wait several more years before starting over again.That would be perfect and glad to see that you have seen jaden for what he is,a disinformation agent who arrogantly disregards everything anybody says that doesnt fit his version of events.Since you noticed that about him and defended me sometime back against him on that,I'll lay off the smileys.lol.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 07:11 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Hey for the time Batman 1989 and Batman returns were good movies plus now its been 20 years since the first one and after the last 2 they had to do something to reboot it. with the hulk (ang lee) after that crap fest they had to do a reboot, and the 2nd one was way better.
now with spiderman i think they could of maybe tried a 4th (either with or without tobey) but i think even though its only been 8 years since the first they should do a reboot and remove kirsten dump and just leave it with one villan (lizard man) and make the story good and please for the love of pete (no pun intended) don't make it so MJ is in trouble AGAIN at the end. The shit show we have seen with spiderman is because hollywood is too greedy and trys to capitalize on it. just take your time get a good director and script then proceed if it take 3 or even 4 years to get the movie out then so be it. it should be at least 3 before the next movie, other wise we could end up with some crap like TF2.

No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne was an insult and joke to Batman fans.Then turning him into a cowardly killer killing his arch enemy the joker and killing villians in cowardly ways was an even bigger sin.Tim Burton should be shot for those disgraceful movies and shitting on the fans like that,so should Sam Raimi. mad

I was so happy when that idiot drughead Burton finally left the Batman franchise.Scumacher screwed up the Batman movies big time as well with Batman and Robin no question about that,but thank god he came on,I at least had a "halfway" decent Batman movie to watch till Batman Begins came along with Batman Forever since Val Kilmer made a much better Bruce wayne actually having the right look and a muscular build with a full set of hair
and he at least acted like Bruce wayne where Keaton as Bruce wayne acted NOTHING like him.

Keaton was a good Batman but sucked ass as Bruce wayne
where Kilmer was a better Bruce Wayne but sucked as Batman
where Bale he was awesome in BOTH roles thats why he is the one and ONLY true Bruce wayne/Batman and Chris Nolan is the only Batman director who did the movies justice and did not shit on Batman fans. stick out tongue
He is the one and ONLY true Batman director so far to this date.

oh and chew on this link here and read all my comments along with the thread starter on WHY the Burton Batman movies are crap. big grin

This was the best thread EVER created in the Batman section. Happy Dance Harvey Dent hit the nail right on the head with his title of the thread.I give very valid good reasons here WHY Burtons Batman movies need to be burned in my posts here on this thread as does Harvey Dent in his opening post. what nofate and nixon say in their next two posts after that ALSO explains why those movies are pure crap.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t379333.html

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 15th, 2010 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 07:31 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

its simple i do not want to see teen spidey in three or more films.. Raimi nailed it perfect during the first film where parker was in high school for a short period.. now fast forward to this new film lets all face it in order to show and have spidey in high school little boys and girls are going to be hired.. and i for one do not wanna see miley cyrus or any other disney kids portray any of these characters.. better yet, please feel free and tel me what actor/actress in their twenties can pull off being Peter Parker/Spiderman for three films over at least a six year period during which it is the high school years

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Mr Parker
No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne was an insult and joke to Batman fans.Then turning him into a cowardly killer killing his arch enemy the joker and killing villians in cowardly ways was an even bigger sin.Tim Burton should be shot for those disgraceful movies and shitting on the fans like that,so should Sam Raimi. mad

I was so happy when that idiot drughead Burton finally left the Batman franchise.Scumacher screwed up the Batman movies big time as well with Batman and Robin no question about that,but thank god he came on,I at least had a "halfway" decent Batman movie to watch till Batman Begins came along with Batman Forever since Val Kilmer made a much better Bruce wayne actually having the right look and a muscular build with a full set of hair
and he at least acted like Bruce wayne where Keaton as Bruce wayne acted NOTHING like him.

Keaton was a good Batman but sucked ass as Bruce wayne
where Kilmer was a better Bruce Wayne but sucked as Batman
where Bale he was awesome in BOTH roles thats why he is the one and ONLY true Bruce wayne/Batman and Chris Nolan is the only Batman director who did the movies justice and did not shit on Batman fans. stick out tongue
He is the one and ONLY true Batman director so far to this date.

oh and chew on this link here and read all my comments along with the thread starter on WHY the Burton Batman movies are crap. big grin

This was the best thread EVER created in the Batman section. Happy Dance Harvey Dent hit the nail right on the head with his title of the thread.I give very valid good reasons here WHY Burtons Batman movies need to be burned in my posts here on this thread as does Harvey Dent in his opening post. what nofate and nixon say in their next two posts after that ALSO explains why those movies are pure crap.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t379333.html

You have to remember it's been 20 YEARS since BATMAN and for the time alot of people feel that it was a good batman film and keaton was well casted. it wasn't as if he pulled out a gun and killed the joker. the joker hitting the ground is what killed him. the batmobile was so cool in 89 but the 05 one is way better (but i will admit when i first saw it in the trailer i didn't like it) I love the Nolan films much more though they are for a more mature audiance.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 10:44 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

You have to remember it's been 20 YEARS since BATMAN and for the time alot of people feel that it was a good batman film and keaton was well casted. it wasn't as if he pulled out a gun and killed the joker. the joker hitting the ground is what killed him. the batmobile was so cool in 89 but the 05 one is way better (but i will admit when i first saw it in the trailer i didn't like it) I love the Nolan films much more though they are for a more mature audiance.

I myself remember when that movie first came out everywhere I went in school back then,I heard people angrily displaying the same anger i did about killing the joker and keaton being cast for that role.Calling it a boring snoozfest.

Also I can refer you to this one thread at this other site if you like where people pretty much bashed that movie left and right like they did in that link I gave you.

I am so grateful to Nolan because THATS the kind of Batman movie I expected to see back in 89 and felt cheated and robbed of and finally got the one myself and many batman fans deserve.Batman is a very close second to spidey as my favorite comicbook hero.they finally redeemed batman so that gives me hope for the future they will do the saem thing with spidey as well.Hopefully true spidey fans will get that good movie THIS time around since its being rebooted. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 15th, 2010 11:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mr Parker
[B]No Batman 89 and Batman Returns were pure crap.Casting Michael Keaton as Batman was one of the worst casting choics in comicbook history.Pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,. mad

Not this shit all over again

Just accept the the fact that some people still enjoy those two movies hell i still like them even with this new Batman movies being made.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 05:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Cameron is'nt interested in doing it

http://www.superherohype.com/news/s...ews.php?id=8992

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 08:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

thats a relief.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 07:23 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not this shit all over again

Just accept the the fact that some people still enjoy those two movies hell i still like them even with this new Batman movies being made.

thats fine that they enjoy them still after all this time,theres things i like about them as well like looking at the hot looking kim basinger and michelle phieffer, the ONLY good things about those films for me,I fast forward through the scenes they are not in. big grin just that the people that loved them back then and thought they were so great,are people who are willing to settle for mediocracy and dont care about hollywood raping to death a great character which is really sad

.sorry but when it comes to Batman or Spiderman,I expect greatness on the screen.Thank god for Nolan cause I finally got that with Batman at least. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 07:29 PM
Squirrel Fart

This isnt Camerons type of movie. Also has bigger and better movies to do, the right move!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 09:01 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It pisses me off that all of the superhero's used to be Men and now they're suddenly reverting back to children. I can deal with Spiderman in high school if it's his senior year, but i'm thinking they's put him in Freshman year and the next three installments will be the goddamn highschool years.

Spiderman has always been the youthful hero, even when he graduated HS he was a boy in a man's body.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 10:05 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by The Nuul
This isnt Camerons type of movie. Also has bigger and better movies to do, the right move!

Well the only reason they asked him was he was the one that was orignally gonna do the first movie

but yeah he has better things to do now.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2010 03:05 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Why is everyone tossing disney actor names in this? I seriously doubt Miley Cyrus's name will be attached to this film. I think some of you are being overly pessimistic over what could be a very positive change in this franchise...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:06 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Why is everyone tossing disney actor names in this? I seriously doubt Miley Cyrus's name will be attached to this film. I think some of you are being overly pessimistic over what could be a very positive change in this franchise...

They are being butthurt fanboys, automatically thinking the worst when they heard "high school".

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:35 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Maybe this is Marvel's opportunity to re-integrate Spider Man into a larger Marvel Universe - like what we're seeing with the Avengers - if they can get the rights and produce this through Marvel Studios.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 04:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote