KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avatar: The Way of Water

Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

There have been talks of a sequel and even making AVATAR a trilogy

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 09:43 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

It has been confirmed by big C. He admitted that if a movie makes this much money, it will have a sequel. Though, he never confirmed the trilogy part. He just said he might

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 03:42 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Let me guess..

Na'vi will go underwater...right...I can see where the inspiration might come from....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 05:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this is obviously a no brainer... the film is now the highest grossing film of all time and Cameron himself said it could be a possible trilogy.. Cameron also said if you paid attention you could figure out where the sequel may be going...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 08:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Of course they're going to make one (or two), but isn't it a little soon to be talking about it? You guys should be happy with the first, mediocre movie. I wonder what unoriginal story he's going to lazily throw together next in order to showcase some neat technology.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:39 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Matrix was an awesome film.

It should have ended with Neo's final statement.

Then the powers that be decided to make two more shit films.

You do the math.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:46 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Yeah, usually, most equal end up being worse then when they started. The only trilogy I can think of that was good from start to finish is Lord Of The Rings. In fact, it got better as it trilogy progressed

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:28 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
mediocre movie.

In your opinion of course unlike you some people did get something from this movie.

Originally posted by Impediment

You do the math.

But with Avatar Cameron has giving his reason for the sequels because he's mentioned about certain scenes which lead to the sequels.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 03:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Kazenji
In your opinion of course unlike you some people did get something from this movie.

Yeah, 3 hours of digital eye-candy. That's all the movie had to offer.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 04:02 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

other then that.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 05:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willman
Commander Keen FTW

I thought Avatar was great, and although i would of course be excited by the thought of watching a new adventure for Jake and Neytiri, i am puzzled as to what the adventure would be about.

So many films end on a tiny cliffhanger which does at least open up the door to possible sequels, but in Avatar, the human threat has been defeated, Jake is a Na'vi, and everyone is happy. I can only think of a few plausible storylines for a sequel such as things like the humans returning, or the Na'vi must fight an opposing force on the planet of Pandora (maybe a different Na'vi clan?) or something stupid like they have to save the tree of souls from a banana with nun-chucks. Either way, such a film would be borish and it wouldn't even keep to the title of the film, as Jake is no longer an Avatar! They will have to do some serious thinking in order to come up with a fresh, new and plausible plot for any sequels.

Also, everyone knows sequels are nearly always worse than their predecessors, just look at the Pirates trilogy, the second and third films were garbage! Transformers 2 was also terrible, and The Matrix shot itself in the foot with the second and third flicks. Theres hundreds more!

If there is a sequel to Avatar, im not holding my breath!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:03 AM
willman is currently offline Click here to Send willman a Private Message Find more posts by willman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

But its Cameron doing the sequal he has'nt done a Bad sequal yet

Aliens, T2 are his previous two.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah, 3 hours of digital eye-candy. That's all the movie had to offer.

Really? Man..,what was so bad about the story? I thought it was quite intriguing. By the end of the movie you wanted to be an Alien. I thought one of the main focus points of science fiction and fantasy was meant to make you believe in new worlds and ponder. lol Everyone got to take a trip to disney land for a day laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willman
Commander Keen FTW

But its Cameron doing the sequal he has'nt done a Bad sequal yet

Aliens, T2 are his previous two.

There was enough scope with Alien and Terminator to produce viable sequels. The Terminator storyline allowed time travel so it was easy to just send in another terminator and ta-da you have a sequel! And everyone knew that "he would be back...".

Alien was a harder film to make up a sequel for but as its a horror, its a lot easier to get away with "more of the same"...look how popular nightmare on elm street and Friday the 13th films are, when they are all basically the same. And yes, i know Aliens isnt your run of the mill horror film, but the success of the first one, and it being such a timeless classic for the time it was released, meant a sequel was a lot more simple to do than it would be with say, a film like Avatar.

My point with Avatar, is the ending is very, very FINAL. I just cant see what would make a great storyline for a second film, but I'll admit if anyone can do it, its the big JC himself...

Last edited by willman on Feb 4th, 2010 at 07:33 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:28 AM
willman is currently offline Click here to Send willman a Private Message Find more posts by willman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

People forget that Cameron directed two of the greatest sequels in cinema history (Terminator 2 and Aliens). Lets have some faith here, this could end up being a great sequel.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:44 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by steverules_2
People forget that Cameron directed two of the greatest sequels in cinema history (Terminator 2 and Aliens). Lets have some faith here, this could end up being a great sequel.

On snap

i mentioned those earlier

and also he did do Piranha 2 which was bad but then again it was his first film.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 11:36 AM
steverules_2

On snap

i mentioned those earlier

and also he did do Piranha 2 which was bad but then again it was his first film.

He made a masterpiece with terminator which was a low budget, and that did extremely well and I think that was his break through into good movies, the sequel to piranha wasn't great no but since then he's directed the best movies, titanic was the highest earning movie ever I believe until Avatar came out so I think the movies he makes pretty much speak for themselves and so do the awards that he's recieved.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:31 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Avatar was a genuine attempt to push the technological boundaries of film making. Cameron and his team took years to develop brand new techniques and had to wait even longer for cinemas to catch up in order to project his vision to the fullest.

Avatar 2, on the other hand, will just be a blatent cash on on the 1st movie's success and in all likelyhood wont be able to rely on technology and visual uniqueness to carry a sub standard storyline.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 02:41 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

You do the math.

I liked the additional 2 movies. I liked the second one the best. The Matrix Trilogy is "one" of the VERY few "films" I actually owned.

I liked the first one, least.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 4th, 2010 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 03:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

You do the math.

I enjoyed the other 2, but you are correct if you want you can end it with Neo's final statement, in the first movie, i think i would of liked it more if they reaveiled in the 2nd or 3rd movie that when they thought they were out of the matirx they were really still in it and the machines wrote that program to make people think they were free.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:21 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote