KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avatar: The Way of Water

Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
The Matrix was an awesome film.

It should have ended with Neo's final statement.

Then the powers that be decided to make two more shit films.

You do the math.

I liked The Matrix Reloaded, but The Matrix Resolutions needed more fight scenes and sightly better story

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog...gs-sink-titanic

Avatar 2 will probably come out, but not anytime soon

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 09:52 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by xJLxKing
http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog...gs-sink-titanic

Avatar 2 will probably come out, but not anytime soon

I figure the sequel will be out by 2012 or 2013

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 11:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Do you know how long people wait for T2?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 12:16 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally think Avatar shouldn't've been made in the first place.

Is it really anything we haven't seen before?

But that seems to be a sci-fi tradition. Familiar stories with unfamiliar visuals.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 12:36 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by lord xyz

Is it really anything we haven't seen before?

Sure yeah Story wise yes

everything else no.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 06:00 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
monikaluchi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know the story line yet. But i like to request Cameron not to make a sequel Let it be unique.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 07:51 AM
monikaluchi is currently offline Click here to Send monikaluchi a Private Message Find more posts by monikaluchi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Do you know how long people wait for T2?

7 years

But then terminator hasn't been as successful as Avatar has

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 09:42 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by steverules_2
7 years

But then terminator hasn't been as successful as Avatar has
That is true, but there is also the fact that Cameron does have patience. He waited a decade to make Avatar. I am sure he'll wait a few years now to make Avatar 2 with even better technology. That's just my guess

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 03:34 PM
steverules_2

I dunno if it can get any better, but did Cameron wait because he knew Avatar wouldn't be AS good as it is now had it now had the technology when it was originally going to come out which I think was in 2007? I dunno but thats just a guess, Avatar was good, and I loved the 3D animation...saw it for the first time today and it was quite good but at the same time depressing

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 10:33 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think they should make Avatar 2 a zombie movie. Say Nevi, or whatever the **** her name was, and the guy, Steve or whatever, go on their honeymoon to a floating mountain that happens to be spewing a waterfall contaminated by some zombie toxin. Basically Nevi and Steve are going to go skinny dipping but they notice dead people, or dead blue guys or whatever the **** they are, and then .... blah blah blah.... zombies.

That's the only way I could see this as being awesome.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 10:42 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

You mean Jake Sully

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 10:55 PM
chiaki
The Hard makes it Great

Yeah I heard it was going to be a trilogy....eh....I think they should've left it at one. It's going to be too repetitive.

Thanks Scythe

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 02:12 AM
chiaki is currently offline Click here to Send chiaki a Private Message Find more posts by chiaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Well, in the hands of a good directors, it can be very creative. Cameron said it himself in an interview, much of Pandora is left to explore. They only showed us one tribe, and only a dozen of different creatures. There is also the possibility of the Humans coming back since their planet is dying, and the "unobtanium" is still very valuable.

There is a lot of space for a new story, you just need a good directors

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 02:55 AM
steverules_2

Yeah I was thinking this, the humans got sent away but who's to say they won't come back with better methods on getting what they want...

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 08:36 AM
chiaki
The Hard makes it Great

There is also the possibility of the Humans coming back since their planet is dying, and the "unobtanium" is still very valuable.

Exactly....same story as the first movie. Humans come back, try to steal the unobtainium....makes no since to repeat the story.

Cameron is being his normal arrogant, cocky self. He thinks he's God and anything he shits out will make him billions.

It's just like what they said on the news about the Oscars. Avatar is nominated for like, 9 Oscars.

Cameron and the producer were pissed! They expected more! The movie was good, but not THAT good. I wouldn't pay to see it a second time.

Thanks Scythe

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 03:06 PM
chiaki is currently offline Click here to Send chiaki a Private Message Find more posts by chiaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by chiaki
Exactly....same story as the first movie. Humans come back, try to steal the unobtainium....makes no since to repeat the story.

Cameron is being his normal arrogant, cocky self. He thinks he's God and anything he shits out will make him billions.

It's just like what they said on the news about the Oscars. Avatar is nominated for like, 9 Oscars.

Cameron and the producer were pissed! They expected more! The movie was good, but not THAT good. I wouldn't pay to see it a second time.
You payed to see a movie about a guy who was sent to a distant land and fell in only. Who later betrayed his own kind. Do I need to tell you how many movies there are with the same plot? It doesn't have to be exactly with the human returning. It could be like they want revenge and they counterattack, or something totally different. Something into the future, where Jake Sully has already died and became a myth. Cameron made sure to leave a lot of room for different kind of movies. Heck, it can continue with Jake fighting the other clans or something.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 03:41 PM
chiaki
The Hard makes it Great

You payed to see a movie about a guy who was sent to a distant land and fell in only. Who later betrayed his own kind. Do I need to tell you how many movies there are with the same plot? It doesn't have to be exactly with the human returning. It could be like they want revenge and they counterattack, or something totally different. Something into the future, where Jake Sully has already died and became a myth. Cameron made sure to leave a lot of room for different kind of movies. Heck, it can continue with Jake fighting the other clans or something.

Yeah you're right, I seem to remember someone else continuously making movies and the first two, people were excited, then they realized it was the EXACT SAME MOVIE! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Saw Series

Look, I could be wrong, and god I hope I am. I hope Avatar 2 is great! Because there is nothing worse than a shitty sequel...except maybe a shitty trilogy.

But if it's about the same shit again...why bother?

Thanks Scythe

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 04:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I hope the sequel is crossover with, Predator.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I hope the sequel is crossover with, Predator.

Predator takes on everyone, the next one will be Kramer vs Predator, its the sequel to Kramer vs Kramer

Here's the trailer:

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:12 PM