KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What Literature-Based-Game do you Want?

What Literature-Based-Game do you Want?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

watabout.... Treasure Island! except its not a story game, its like an open world where you do missions and shtuff

Godzilla is my bro, watch out....

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 12:27 AM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
books "are for hookers and fat people!"

That's not true, I read all the time and... oh, wait, I fall into the fat category... never mind...

I understand there is a game being worked on based on "Ender's Game"

And there are some book universes that a game would fit into nicely. For example: the Sword of Truth series, or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Lost World could have some interesting settings for games.

I also think a Sherlock Holmes game, done in the style of Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy would be pretty neat too.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Feb 17th, 2010 at 07:28 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:21 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

The Bible 131

Particularly anything that has to do with Samson.

And the game must be M rated, none of that crap they made for the NES.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:10 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
I also think a Sherlock Holmes game, done in the style of Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy would be pretty neat too.

There are tonnes of Sherlock games for PC. There's even one where he takes on Jack the Ripper.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:13 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by MadMel
now now you mustn't swear erm
'animorphs tv series' is a serious taboo, due to its sheer failure stick out tongue

and its 54 books, not counting the spinoffs stick out tongue

i was little
i didnt know better embarrasment

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 08:52 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Carmilla or maybe a really incomprehensible rated AO adaptation of Naked Lunch.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 08:58 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Originally posted by Kero_Co
A Song of Ice and Fire

QFT

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 09:01 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Homer's epic poems.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 09:18 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by Joker1237
Homer's epic poems.

an Odyssey game would be majorly epic

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 03:46 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

KING LEAR! mad

If I even spelled that right. laughing

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 04:56 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

How about a video game adaptation of a literary classic called Worlds of Power: Mega Man 2?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:08 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just realized your avatar was a dude's head in a glass case...at first I always thought it was his reflection on shiny metal. laughing

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:14 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

the Neverending Story!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 11:20 PM
Joker1237

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
an Odyssey game would be majorly epic

And the Iliad, I think the Iliad was better than the Odyssey myself, but I perfer to have them both made into games.

And I want the games to be true to the poems.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 02:38 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Don Quixote.

For the lulz.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 10:39 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

some Shakespear would also be good

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 02:56 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Hm.

Possibly a game based of Bram Stoker's Dracula (Not any of the movies). Maybe in the style of Heavy Rain.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 04:54 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

theres already some bram stoker style dracula games erm

speaking of which - a twilight game would be nice, just so people can kick the series' popularity in the nuts..

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 11:07 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by MadMel
theres already some bram stoker style dracula games erm

speaking of which - a twilight game would be nice, just so people can kick the series' popularity in the nuts..

Were any of them halfway decent?

Cause the only Bram Stoker Dracula games I've seen were two on the Sega CD, one of which was a point and click, and the other was a piece of crap based off the movie.

I also highly doubt any of them were followed Heavy Rain's gameplay, like I suggested.

Howdy!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 12:26 AM
leonheartmm

ulyses

no seriously, NO literature should be turned into games. its cheap. the excitement and pleasure of literature isnt in the cinematic sequence or the graphics or the in game music or how cool "dante alighiera" looks or how big of a weapon he has.

its like taking paradise lost and turning it into a button masher where the devil is a sephiroth type badass with a big sword who has super moves which he uses against the dark materials as they battle him and the kind of death metal that makes 14 year old kids think they are HARDCORE by listening to plays in the background {and eve wearing a bayonetta type dress looks on and sumtimes helps with acrobatic moves and martials arts}.

oh wait, they kind of did half of that in dante's inferno.

stupid bitches. what does it take to tell overgrown kids in the gaming and manga/anime industry to STOP taking ancient mythological/philosophical concepts and putting them in their medium in the cheapest and most whorishly simple ways to make 12 year old school boys go "man that is PROFOUND!!!!!!!!!" {a minute after they stop shouting at the tv after watching wwe".

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:41 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote