KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » L.A. Noire

L.A. Noire
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think we put the GTA type game as a genre instead of a comparison.

Red Dead Redemption was like GTA but was an entirely different game.

Same as LA Noire.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 02:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I found this quite funny, and at the same time unsettling

L.A. Noire overheats Xbox 360s as well as PS3s

quote:
Yesterday, Rockstar had suggested that PS3 Firmware 3.61 was causing L.A. Noire to cook people's systems. Now it's become apparent that Xbox 360 consoles are also suffering from overheating issues due to the Team Bondi game, while Sony emphatically denies any responsibility.

"As with the release of any System Update, we will invariably see a very small number of users whose console has failed following updating their console, which is an unfortunate coincidence" said Sony. "Rockstar have now updated their FAQ on the matter, have admitted that it is a fault with their latest title L.A. Noire and have offered a work around. It should also be noted that the issue with this title is not PS3 specific and is also affecting other consoles."

The good news is that something bad has happened and Sony is totally off the hook. The bad news is that at least twice as many gamers now run the risk of frustration. That's not really a "win" situation for the consumers.

Rockstar should hopefully be able to patch the issue. We're still waiting on our comment.

Apparently the game is TOO MUCH for consoles to handle no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post May 19th, 2011 06:34 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
I found this quite funny, and at the same time unsettling

L.A. Noire overheats Xbox 360s as well as PS3s

Apparently the game is TOO MUCH for consoles to handle no expression
laughing out loud

Old Post May 19th, 2011 10:26 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Well, I WAS planning to buy this game this weekend, but if the game is actually overheating consoles, then I'll take a pass.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 19th, 2011 10:38 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mist_haermm

Ha, I hope Team Bondi crash and burn, useless twats.

Old Post May 21st, 2011 03:52 AM
Mist_haermm is currently offline Click here to Send Mist_haermm a Private Message Find more posts by Mist_haermm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YoungGunna
Black Thought

Originally posted by Impediment
Well, I WAS planning to buy this game this weekend, but if the game is actually overheating consoles, then I'll take a pass.

Red Light I'm goin to have to reconsider on that one to

Old Post May 21st, 2011 03:54 AM
YoungGunna is currently offline Click here to Send YoungGunna a Private Message Find more posts by YoungGunna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just read a review for this game the reviewer goes on about how it does'nt even deserve the amount of hype its getting

also they found the game to be picky when looking for the clues, It'll flash when your near one but you can't look it you have to face it a certain way.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 08:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The game is really good.

It's not for everybody. But the style, writing and new experience of investigating crimes is great.

If you read the reviews and it doesn't sound like your type of thing, it won't be.

I never found it difficult to look for clues. I don't know what that reviewer was playing, but you feel the vibration in your controller, and hit X. Never failed for me. It seems that that reviewer needed things to pick on.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 12:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well i will end up getting the game, i don't mind investigating crimes in games plus i have played the Condemned games but i suppose LA Noire does it better.

Old Post May 29th, 2011 01:10 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 01:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The company supposedly faces bankruptcy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ims-Source.html

Old Post Aug 10th, 2011 01:23 PM
Mist_haermm

Everything is going according to plan

Old Post Aug 10th, 2011 02:55 PM
Mist_haermm is currently offline Click here to Send Mist_haermm a Private Message Find more posts by Mist_haermm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Ah too bad, picked up L.A. Noire a few days ago and am enjoying it quite a bit so far (except for the fact that Cole seem to jump from being a psychic super-cop, to being a complete retard every other second).

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 07:54 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Morridini
Ah too bad, picked up L.A. Noire a few days ago and am enjoying it quite a bit so far (except for the fact that Cole seem to jump from being a psychic super-cop, to being a complete retard every other second).

Howdy!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 01:25 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, there's a few interactions with suspects where he goes completely insane on a simple question.

But overall, well done game. Much different than other games I've played. What I'm really interested in is what Rockstar will do with the sequel.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 02:02 PM
Mist_haermm

Originally posted by Mist_haermm
Ha, I hope Team Bondi crash and burn, useless twats.

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1191990p1.html

L.A. Noire Developer Closes Its Doors

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 03:43 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You suck.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 03:46 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'd like to say that's a shame, but they were mistreating their employees and it looks like said employees are on new projects with a company that will most likely treat them better. So there's that.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 04:05 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by General Kaliero
I'd like to say that's a shame, but they were mistreating their employees and it looks like said employees are on new projects with a company that will most likely treat them better. So there's that.

What were they doing?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 05:31 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Around 100 developers were left out of the game credits, essentially robbing them of substantiated experience for resumes (this was since rectified with a web page containing a full list, but it shouldn't have happened to begin with), and local sources said that development was mismanaged, with much of the budget (some said tens of millions) spent on proprietary technology, leading to people being forced to work with constant crunch pressure and weekend overtime without due payment.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2011 07:31 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote