KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can make it the farthest?

Who can make it the farthest?
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

And in Volume 2, Thor definitely looked superior. Shrugged off the same attack from the same being who one shotted Firelord for a time and trapped him.

Kind of...Firelord had tanked that same attack twice before. Then he hits Thor with it, then Firelord intervenes again and gets one-shotted by what looked like a much more powerful attack. I'd still call it close. Afterall, Firelord was very useful in that arc, both uncloaking the Designate's planet and tracking the Illumination Stone throughout the universe to even get them there.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 01:49 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Apocalypse already tanked BB's scream. Those three would too.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 01:51 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

If it's a ten round fight and they can't even loose one, SM might stop at 1 and has little to no chance of making it past 3.

SS might stop at 3, if he doesn't than 4 - 8 should be easy. 9 and 10 again have good chances of stopping him. He stops dead at 11 if there is no jobbing involved.

Thor might drop the ball in any of them starting with the first. 1, 3, 5, 8, 9 and 10 should be particularly tough fights for him. I doubt he makes it to eleven. Probably stops at 3 or 5

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 01:59 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by galactusischere
Apocalypse already tanked BB's scream. Those three would too.
When?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:00 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

When he took on BB and the Inhumans(they didn't stand a chance).

Classic Poccy was a BEAST.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:04 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

When he took on BB and the Inhumans(they didn't stand a chance).

Classic Poccy was a BEAST.
I'm asking what comic.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:05 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

X-Factor 65-68. Im not sure, this is based on loose memory.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:15 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

X-Factor 65-68. Im not sure, this is based on loose memory.

Good memory. thumb up I think it was X-Factor #67. The Endgame storyline.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:18 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Originally posted by Enyalus
Good memory. thumb up I think it was X-Factor #67. The Endgame storyline.
thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:19 AM
tideoftime

Re: Who can make it the farthest?

Originally posted by carver9

1. Black Bolt
2. Terrax
3. Firelord
4. Hyperion
5. Wonder Woman
6. Captain Marvel
7. Black Adam
8. Konvikt (no bfring and they are grounded)
9. Mongul with rings
10. GL with blue and green ring
11. Darkseid
12. Thanos

I'd say Superman makes it to 8 or 9 (though 5-7 gives him headaches, due to mystical influences); Thor makes it to 9-10, though he's done at 11. Surfer makes it to 11. If he somehow makes it past Darkseid, then Thanos will be problematic. Of the three, SS is the one with the best chances of clearing.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 03:07 AM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

Kind of...Firelord had tanked that same attack twice before. Then he hits Thor with it, then Firelord intervenes again and gets one-shotted by what looked like a much more powerful attack. I'd still call it close. Afterall, Firelord was very useful in that arc, both uncloaking the Designate's planet and tracking the Illumination Stone throughout the universe to even get them there.

You're right, he tanked it once before. The second time which I'm assuming is the instance in the next page is a block as I understood. Always seemed like he was blocking it with his staff, based on how it's raised and how his bent. I never even noticed the first attack. It's probably because no matter how many times I read the arc, I'm always rushing towards the final Thor/Thanos fight. It was epic. Either way, impressive feat for Thor.

I believed that arc intended to portray as Thor as superior. It's supported even further by the fact that when Thanos has Thor in his energy web, Firelord states that it would not be wise for even someone like himself to enter it, and blasts Thor out a bolt of his own power (Thor is unharmed of course.).

Never said he wasn't useful. He was VERY useful. Firelord is always portrayed very well in Thor's books. Always as a god like entity.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:03 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

You're right, he tanked it once before. The second time which I'm assuming is the instance in the next page is a block as I understood. Always seemed like he was blocking it with his staff, based on how it's raised and how his bent. I never even noticed the first attack. It's probably because no matter how many times I read the arc, I'm always rushing towards the final Thor/Thanos fight. It was epic. Either way, impressive feat for Thor.

I believed that arc intended to portray as Thor as superior.

You could very well be right. To be honest, when I said what I did about Thor having trouble against Firelord, I had completely forgotten this arc...probably because Romata Jr's art was shit, and so was Jurgens writing of Thanos. Though I agree, the Thor/Thanosi fight was awesome.

Still think he'd probably drop at least one to Mongul with the rings. I know Mjolnir absorbs energy, but the rings grant pretty solid control over their own energy, too. I can agree that he gets past Firelord without dropping one, though.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:08 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

You could very well be right. To be honest, when I said what I did about Thor having trouble against Firelord, I had completely forgotten this arc...probably because Romata Jr's art was shit, and so was Jurgens writing of Thanos. Though I agree, the Thor/Thanosi fight was awesome.

Still think he'd probably drop at least one to Mongul with the rings. I know Mjolnir absorbs energy, but the rings grant pretty solid control over their own energy, too. I can agree that he gets past Firelord without dropping one, though.

Well, it seemed like it to me personally.

I don't think so personally. They do have some impressive energy control, but seeing how easily the Manhunters can do it, and based on Thor's own energy draining and manipulation abilities, I'm inclined to think, that it would be easy for Thor to accomplish energy drain. Lantern's are of course not as powerful under Johns.

And if Thor knows, he cannot lose even one, then Mongul is in BIG trouble. At the end of the day, without the rings, his the guy who was beaten by Krypto to me. Liked Senior a lot better myself.

Mongul with the rings' best showing is against Rayner and the other Lanterns. Which of course again falls under the Ninja Law rule being discussed in another thread. That's why, when Ion while being cut off from the Ion power and was only limited to his Green Lantern ring stalemated him just fine, while it took three more Lanterns to accomplish that in the past. Plus the new villain smell was still in play at the time.

As well, isn't one of the things revealed about the rings that, more doesn't necessarily equal superiority?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:26 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why did Kris get banned if anyone can answer that for me?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:28 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Apparently it was for getting into a fight with Alpha Centuri in the Siege discussion thread for not using spoilers. Stupidest thing I've ever heard off getting banned for.

I'd personally make it my mission to find out what comics Alpha reads, and send him messages spoiling everything for him on a weekly basis if I didn't like him so much. I'll miss Kris and the pictures he sent of himself to me. sad

But seriously, a ban is too harsh but that's only my opinion. I wouldn't want brucy or even Quannybun himself to get banned. Only blatant trolls etc. should get permanent banned.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:42 AM
carver9

Apparently it was for getting into a fight with Alpha Centuri in the Siege discussion thread for not using spoilers. Stupidest thing I've ever heard off getting banned for.

I'd personally make it my mission to find out what comics Alpha reads, and send him messages spoiling everything for him on a weekly basis if I didn't like him so much. I'll miss Kris and the pictures he sent of himself to me. sad

But seriously, a ban is too harsh but that's only my opinion. I wouldn't want brucy or even Quannybun himself to get banned. Only blatant trolls etc. should get permanent banned.

I honestly dont agree with Senior members getting banned but hey, to each their own.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:44 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

As well, isn't one of the things revealed about the rings that, more doesn't necessarily equal superiority?

That's clear from Sinestro beating him and like you said, Ion stalemating him without the Ion Power. And yeah, I have no love for Mongul, Jr.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

That's clear from Sinestro beating him and like you said, Ion stalemating him without the Ion Power. And yeah, I have no love for Mongul, Jr.

thumb up

Senior was badass. His line to Superman after he removed the black mercy was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playne...p;v=n8VPOP7huew

1:41. One of the best lines I've ever heard.

That was one of the best stories ever told. I'm going to re-read it tomorrow.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:04 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

thumb up

Senior was badass. His line to Superman after he removed the black mercy was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playne...p;v=n8VPOP7huew

1:41. One of the best lines I've ever heard.

That was one of the best stories ever told. I'm going to re-read it tomorrow.

Badass indeed. I have the annual if you don't have it for some reason....

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:08 AM
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Re: Re: Who can make it the farthest?

Surfer...BB is slightly tricky. Terrax he owns. Firelord in Annihilation looked inferior to SS, so that's that. Against Hyperion, not THAT much trouble. Diana, BFR, matter manipulation, planet-destroying blasts while flying around her at lightspeed, whatever. Just too versatile. CM and BA are also too one-dimensional to stop SS. Konvikt probably stops Surfer here. Superman was hitting him with punches that could destroy small planets, Surfer has blasts that can destroy planets. Good matchup there...

OR Surfer can use weakness exploit and simply GAS the heck out of Konvickt? wink

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 06:34 AM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote