KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sun Dipped Superman vs Void Sentry

Sun Dipped Superman vs Void Sentry
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Allankles
As far as MM is concerned, yeah I think Sundipped Supes can resist him. I doubt the writer had the CCs in mind as the end-all-be-all of reality manipulation when he wrought up the Sentry/MM fight.

It's a tremendous feat on its own, but I think we need to see more, just so that we don't jump to quick conclusion. Rulk also had his 15 minutes and I remember how you were a big fan, before turning around and becoming a Thor fan later.

I'm not going to criticize anyone for glory hunting, but it's wise to wait.
You basically assumed Superman can resist something and then later turn around make exceptions. You don't have a clue and don't have a leg to stand on here.

Supes has been easily killed before by being manipulated and the Sentry doing so to Mm further rams it home as a being with this much control could still be overpowered.

Add that to the fact Superman was almost overcome by the raw power he had inside him and he's screwed. Sentry either overloads him or warps him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:37 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by 753

SM's vibration thing is just a smart aplication of superspeed, not actual matter manipulation. I just think it's unrealistic to expect he can resist what MM couldn't.

I agree that regular Supes is unlikely to resist what MM couldn't under normal circumstances but if he's in his sundipped state, where he clearly underwent a metamorphosis that is a different matter.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:37 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I agree that regular Supes is unlikely to resist what MM couldn't under normal circumstances but if he's in his sundipped state, where he clearly underwent a metamorphosis that is a different matter.
It was also harder in this state to overcome the sheer power he absorbed so I think it would be even more difficult.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by quanchi112
You basically assumed Superman can resist something and then later turn around make exceptions. You don't have a clue and don't have a leg to stand on here.

Supes has been easily killed before by being manipulated and the Sentry doing so to Mm further rams it home as a being with this much control could still be overpowered.

Add that to the fact Superman was almost overcome by the raw power he had inside him and he's screwed. Sentry either overloads him or warps him.

Superman wasn't being overwhelmed by the power inside him, and even if he was, that is neither here no there, seeing as it has no direct relevance to what raw power Sentry might have.

Superman was entering a higher plane of existence, he was losing the parts of him that made him human like his love for Lois etc and he was trying not to lose that, it had nothing to do with feeling overpowered if you followed the thread of the dialogue.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:43 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Allankles, go into the H/P DD & Thanos vs. Odin/Darkseid thread and explain the difference and subtleties between the Omega Beams and the Omega Effect, please.

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:44 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Sundipped Superman stomps, from all the Sentry has shown till now

Moving Warworld against the force of it's engines which were powered by the energies of Imperiex =/= moving a Planet.

Breaking through the defenses of Warworld (Brainiac 13 with Imperiex energies) taking all attacks without even a scratch. Destroying everything Brainiac 13 crated (with his newfound energy source, Imperiex the Universal force of entropy) just with his aura.

Now tell me this Carver. What attack has hurt sundipped Superman?

Im not impressed by anything you said.

War World already had engine before the absorption of imperex and there is nothing to prove that it was imperex energy that was being use to push against Supes.

Breaking through the defense of War World? What defensive system did you see from War World that was so amazing?

Brainiac 13 was always a joke to me. Can you show me something where it was stated that brainiac got the chance to use that nice energy that he stole from imperex before being attacked.

Out of everything that happened during the imperex saga, all of the heros that was fighting alongside Superman seemed more impressed on him moving war world than anything.

Not downing the feat, I just want to know what a Sundip Superman did to put him on levels where people put him at.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:45 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Superman wasn't being overwhelmed by the power inside him, and even if he was, that is neither here no there, seeing as it has no direct relevance to what raw power Sentry might have.

Superman was entering a higher plane of existence, he was losing the parts of him that made him human like his love for Lois etc and he was trying not to lose that, it had nothing to do with feeling overpowered if you followed the thread of the dialogue.
Sentry has overloaded the absorbing man before and Superman was struggling with the power inside him to assert control. I guess you aren't even sure and then say it doesn't matter showing you don't care and you love Superman.

No, he was overwhelmed by the sheer power he took in. He wasn't changing or evolving. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:46 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

It was also harder in this state to overcome the sheer power he absorbed so I think it would be even more difficult.

As I've just posted, the power was putting his mind in a different place, a higher plane, forgetting or not caring about the people he was fighting for, nothing to do with the power simply overcoming his absoprtion.

If you remember he was beginning to think in an inhuman way, and then the part of him that is human kicked in, trying to override what the power was doing to his conscious mind.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:47 AM
carver9

Originally posted by 753
Were these attacks speciffically sated to be atempts at molecular or subatomic matter manipulation that failed? Or were they just general purpose energy blasts coming at him from the outside that he happened to tank?

If it worked on MM who is a god of matter manipulation, why wouldn't it work on SM who has no specific defense to it in his onedimensional (for the purposes of this fight) powerset or history of feats? All SM has is his general durability. He'll die ugly just the same.

The only time it was shown where Superman was hit by Imperex energy was when him and Doomsday confronted Imperex f2f and it almost killed him if Darkseid wasnt there.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:47 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

As I've just posted, the power was putting his mind in a different place, a higher plane, forgetting or not caring about the people he was fighting for, nothing to do with the power simply overcoming his absoprtion.

If you remember he was beginning to think in an inhuman way, and then the part of him that is human kicked in, trying to override what the power was doing to his conscious mind.
I disagree. There are limits it seems to the amount of power he can absorb in and in this arc he was on the brink of not being able to maintain control. I think in this state it would be even easier for the Sentry to overload him.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:48 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

@allankles

everyone here is slapping ur arguments down with instances and moments in comics....

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:51 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I don't see what Sun Dipped Superman can do to permenantly KO/Kill Sentry (though Sentry has been shown to be effected via physical force). By that token, I sure as hell don't see Voidtry "matter manipulating" Superman. He's done it once to Molecule Man, who outside of his powers, has shit durability (he's still just a man). You really can't say it's a sure thing he does it since he hasn't done so since and considering how whacked out he is now, if it were in character, he'd be wiping out people like that most of the time.

Like most of the threads he's in now, it all depends of how Bendis takes the character during Seige.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:56 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Sentry has overloaded the absorbing man before and Superman was struggling with the power inside him to assert control. I guess you aren't even sure and then say it doesn't matter showing you don't care and you love Superman.

No, he was overwhelmed by the sheer power he took in. He wasn't changing or evolving. laughing out loud

Sometimes I think you're just a child. I was stating that it wouldn't matter whether Superman felt he was being overloaded with power, since he had even that power stabilized.

He was changing mentally, you're the one forgetting how his thought processes were changing, it's only when he remembered Lois that he overrode whatever impulses the power was giving him. I'd like to see the scan if anyone has it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:57 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Sundipped Superman is vastly stronger, vastly more durable, and he's faster.

If he doesn't get the win, Voidtry certainly doesn't either.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 12:57 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

He was changing mentally, you're the one forgetting how his thought processes were changing, it's only when he remembered Lois that he overrode whatever impulses the power was giving him. I'd like to see the scan if anyone has it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:00 AM

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see what Sun Dipped Superman can do to permenantly KO/Kill Sentry (though Sentry has been shown to be effected via physical force). By that token, I sure as hell don't see Voidtry "matter manipulating" Superman. He's done it once to Molecule Man, who outside of his powers, has shit durability (he's still just a man). You really can't say it's a sure thing he does it since he hasn't done so since and considering how whacked out he is now, if it were in character, he'd be wiping out people like that most of the time.

Like most of the threads he's in now, it all depends of how Bendis takes the character during Seige.

Molecule man does not have human durability, hell he made that body of his, he's actually made of energy from the beyond realm like the other cubes. He went toe to toe with beyonder in a multidimensional battle, no human would survive that. And the fact that someone can overide his matter manipulation over himself is very impressive.

Again, if you read dark avengers you'll notice the sentry has a moment of clarity and figures out how he does what he does - his words not mine. He discovers his powers are and have always been matter maipulation/reality warping. We should wait for the end of siege to see the level they stabilize him at and how the void is handled, but right now I think there is enough evidence to affirm he can bring down these people

Last edited by 753 on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:05 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sometimes I think you're just a child. I was stating that it wouldn't matter whether Superman felt he was being overloaded with power, since he had even that power stabilized.

Says the guy who just says whatever in support of Superman.

Superman didn't kill in this story. That raises another point. How does he beat the Sentry here if he isn't willing to kill him?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:07 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Molecule Man has also been rocked by the multiversal punch of Dr. Donald Blake and has obviously been reduced in power since his peak days. Without his powers, his durability is that of a human.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:08 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Enyalus
Sundipped Superman is vastly stronger, vastly more durable, and he's faster.

If he doesn't get the win, Voidtry certainly doesn't either.
How doesn't Voidtry get the win?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:08 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

even in a sundip fight i dont see how superman can put him down long enough to claim a win..

Sentry fought photon(genis vel) in the microverse bother were siphoning and spewing energy that was destroying the plateau they were fighting on and both were holding back so not to kill anyone..

Superman doesnt have any energy manipulation which i see as being his eventual downfall

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 01:09 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote