KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Chains

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Chains
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (81): « First ... « 79 80 [81]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

There is a tense moment as everyone takes in your words and recognizes the kinetic hammer that you hold above you. The majority of the Srum have their guns trained on you, ready to try blowing you apart. The Assassins of the Overlord are among them, pistols at the ready.

And then the thugs and gunmen that the Srum sent aboard en masse start to throw down their blasters.

There are only a few gunshots that ring out. The Assassins have terminated themselves, realizing the hopelessness of their position and not wanting to be taken captive.

Other than that, the fight for the Seat is over!

-

Loj'oon's strategy for handling the newly captive forces of the Srum is simple- they have the opportunity to join him, a reformed pirate with connections to the Jedi Order, or they can be dropped off on an empty world with a tracking beacon so that their superiors can find them (if they even want to).

Not surprisingly, perhaps, most of them choose to join up with Loj'oon. They are kept under strict watch.

As for where the Seat is going to end up... Loj'oon does not want you to know just yet. He is planning on stopping the Seat somewhere in space and allowing you to disembark in your ship.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 08:18 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Wentar winces and shakes his head when he sees the Assassins kill themselves. He doesn't understand why they would do that.

He will probably be helping Loj'oon with the new Srum defectors too. His skill with glimpsing peoples emotions probably helping sort out who's sincere and who isn't.

-

Wentar's not too happy about being kept in the dark as to where the station is going, but he will trust Loj'oon.

"I assume you'll let me know your new location once you're settled and feel safe," he says to Loj'oon when they get a moment to chat.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 11:39 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Perhaps," Loj'oon says, with a smirk. "We'll see where things take us."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2012 12:25 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

"I guess," Wentar says with a shrug. "I'm just happy I could help bring us to this point."

He looks at the list of Trikistani slaves who are elsewhere in the Galaxy. "Still, I feel there is more should can do."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 11:26 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hloo'jen sees you eyeing the list.

"Do you mind if I get a copy of that?" he asks. "You're not the only one that wants to help break the bonds of enslavement. I think we could do a lot of good with the resources we have at our disposal."

"We'd need time to get established," Loj'oon says. "Don't get cocky."

"Yeah, yeah..." Hloo'jen says.

There is just one more thing that needs to be sorted before you depart.

Emso wishes to come with you!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 12:21 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar looks at Hloo'jen, a thoughtful look on his face. "Yeah... You certainly could," he says, looking between Loj'oon and Hloo'jen. "You'd certainly have my support."

Wentar will go ahead and copy the list for Hloo'jen. "Keep me updated on what you find out."

-

Wentar nods at Emso's request. "What we did here was great, but there has seen too much death and cruelty here... I understand you not wanting to stay here much longer."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 02:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

And so Wentar has established his Contacts with Loj'oon and Hloo'jen. Hloo'jen does seem a little more vindicated about this new opportunity, while Loj'oon just seems... tired. He has done his part here, but the road to redemption is still long for the Rodian pirate.

-

"You're right," Emso says. "I don't belong here. I'm familiar with Coruscant. I'll need a sponsor for getting myself reestablished. I can work on your ship!"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 08:24 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar smiles at Emso. "I like that idea. I think you've earned a break from all this."

He hesitates for a moment, frowning. "The Commitiee's lack of decision worries me," he says aloud. "These people needed help, yet they still just sat on their hands and argued pointlessly."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Emso is pleased at your volunteering to sponsor him, obviously.

"I don't know what to say about that," Emso says. "I'm not very trusting of politicians. I'm sure they had their reasons..."

The indecision of the Committee is truly disappointing. How is a Senatorial body designated to end slavery and track down its perpetrators if it is unable to reach a verdict on moving against a well-known pirate organization?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 09:26 AM
Craft
CTE

Wentar shakes his head, he has a sinking feeling that all of their 'reasons' were probably of self interest.

That's the most disturbing thing isn't it? They have the resources to do some real good, but it all goes to waste if they spend all their time bickering. Hell half the Senators there probably just signed up because it 'looks good' for the public.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 07:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You are willing to bet more than half... but for now, that is the best that the Republic is going to offer on the behalf of those needing their aid. And sadly, as a Jedi Knight, you are entirely at its whim. Thankfully you were able to do some good without their direct assistance.

There's also the concern of the Overlord... but that will come at another time.

You and your allies board the Free Flier, then, while Altar straps himself into the clunky fighter, and you are off and back to the Republic!

The Seat of Srum disappears in a blink... but Loj'oon sends a transmission to your ship first.

"You'll be hearing from me," Loj'oon says.

The transmission is from his fighter's comms, so you have a way of contacting him.

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 20th, 2012 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Wentar's debriefing by the Council is brief but fraught with anxiety. For all the good you just did, the aftermath is having unforeseen effects.

Master Windu explains that the Senate is concerned by the involvement of the Jedi Order in the infighting of the Srum- that is, assisting Loj'oon's rebellion. Despite Loj'oon's ultimately noble intentions, the Sentient Rights Committee certainly has a profile on him as a notorious pirate who has committed quite a few wrongs in his tenure as the Seat's controller.

Senator Darcil wants to reward the Jedi present for their hard work. He does not apologize for being unable to send aid, however, and many on the Committee are wondering what the Republic even gained from the Seat of Srum Conflict. As far as they're concerned, none of the slaves were actually saved as they weren't returned to the Republic or wherever they were from.

They're also rather miffed with Windu for going behind their backs. Master Windu deliberately provoked the Tyr-sen into fighting the Kylugo Srum, possibly escalating their turf war.

Master Windu says that the Council will be able to handle the public relations end of things. He thinks it would be best if you kept your head down, and kept a close watch on Emso. People might want to use you both politically.

-

As for Vlad Shafran... well, Master Windu is going to spend some time with him and work on his anger. Vlad is a talented Knight and had a lapse of judgment, but he did not give in to his rage. Vlad is grateful for your intervention.

"We make a pretty sharp team," Vlad says. "It doesn't hurt having a fellow Jedi watch your back."

-

Last but not least, Altar is going to return to the Outer Rim to continue his meditations. He returns to Coruscant briefly for a brief respite, then is on his way again. He messages you later.

"I'm going to lay low myself," Altar says. "But we'll be in touch. I feel as if this is just the beginning, my old apprentice... farewell."

He moves to turn off the message, then pauses.

"I wonder..." Altar says. "What ever became of Hanza?"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:59 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Overlord's Flagship

Hanza is sitting in a darkened, cold metallic room. He shivers slightly, wearing only briefs issued by the medical droids before his surgery. He is shivering mostly from the chill in the air, but also from the chill he feels from the presence of his employer.

The Overlord stands before him in all his terrible might. Hanza distracts himself by looking away from the terror and examining his new appendage- a cybernetic limb to replace the one that Vlad stole. It is a little bulkier than Hanza expected it to be.

"You should find this arm to be superior to your natural limb," the Overlord says. "You have a reputation as an assassin and ne'er-do-well, Hanza, and an exemplary reputation it is. It would be a shame for you to lose it because you lost out on a fight with a Jedi Knight."

"There were two," Hanza says. "It took two Jedi to beat me."

"And it will take more next time, I trust," the Overlord says. "Otherwise, you are of little use to me."

Hanza is not sure how to respond and so stays silent.

"There WILL be a next time," the Overlord snickers. "This Jedi Knight... Wentar Reiua... has crossed me. For him, there is no turning back. This is just the beginning..."

End

Last edited by REXXXX on Aug 1st, 2012 at 08:45 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:09 PM