KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"Kart take her in slow, there's something... not right here."

Is it possible to use Sense, Presence, or Intuition in this situation?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 10:01 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It is your Intuition that is telling you that something is amiss.

As you swoop into Barum, you see what it is. All of the village structures have been burned, and some are still burning.

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 15th, 2010 at 03:11 PM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 07:08 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

I turn to Kart, "Take her in easy I don't like the look of this. Does your ship have a scanner of some sorts? Any signs of life forms?"

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 01:27 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Aye," Kart says. "Noland, get on it. Give me a scan of the area, see if we can pick up any life forms nearby."

"Yes, Captain," Noland responds, the mechanic getting on his Captain's orders. "It'll just take a sec."

Kart starts the landing process, making a pass over Barum. He sets the Dawntreader down in a scorched field beside the village, the freighter setting down heavily onto its deployed landing gear.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Mendus, the ship's medic, comments as you all gather in the main room.

"Whoa," Noland says. "Scan complete, but... this doesn't make any sense. I'm reading thousands of life forms in the area."

Oddly enough, your own Senses can confirm that. You are experiencing a sensation that you are familiar with when on city planets like Coruscant, where you are surrounded by intelligent life on a daily basis, millions of life forms all around. You are sensing that here, but... your eyes tell you otherwise. Then again, you were never very Force-minded anyhow.

Kart looks to you. "I think we need to load up on weapons before we head out. Something's not right at all."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"Agreed. So I'm guessing you're sticking around after all Captain?"

I continue to try and understand the immense feeling of life around me. Yes I conclude, my force powers were never precisely as accurate as a trained Jedi's, but there was no way this was some minor fluke in the force.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 03:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Boll-Gar is by no means close to civilization," Kart says. "I flew out here and am risking it with these pirates being about. I want my money."

"Aye," Trawley says. "Gotta pay your crew somehow!"

"Hush, you," Kart says.

Kart gives the order for everyone to arm up shortly after, and after the Dawntreader is powered down, the hatch is opened onto the surface. Boll-Gar's atmosphere is breathable and safe, so you all head out into the scorched field. The village is ahead of you.

What is Seth bringing? Anything besides your lightsaber (or lightsabers)? And for stylistic purposes, what color is it?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:30 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

If it's possible I'd like to take along a DL-44 blaster pistol with me. What are the options of things to bring?

MONARCH is armed with an E-116 blaster rifle.

My lightsaber colour is orange.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 08:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Being a protocol droid, MONARCH likely is not much a combatant, but better to equip him than not! He will have a dice pool of 6.

Kart has a number of supplies aboard his ship for the crews' use, if you think you might want anything. Rope, flashlights, etc.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 10:49 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Righto then! I'll take the essentials, first-aid kit, rope, flashlight.
And of course my blaster and light saber.

"Let's set off, spread out and keep your eyes peeled." We'll move cautionausly/stealthfully towards the village.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 11:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Alright! Ropes and flashlights have their own uses of course, but having medkits with you allows for Medicine ratings to be doubled. Handy in a harsh environment.

"Shouldn't we stick together?" Noland asks. "I mean, some of us aren't exactly Jedi..."

"Would you prefer us to split up, Seth?" Kart asks.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 01:01 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"How many of us are there exactly? It might be a good idea to form shock squads, bunching up makes us an easy target. We don't know what we're going to encounter, I don't want to take to many risks."

I'm assuming my senses are still being overloaded with 'targets' so I won't really be able to try and sense whats ahead?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 03:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed, it is making it difficult to sense in any direction. Life is all around you...

You have Kart, Harvik, Trawley, Noland, Mendus, MONARCH, and yourself. Kart and Trawley are practiced gunslingers, Harvik has all his bounty hunting toys, and the last three are all using blaster rifles and have little combat skill.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 05:08 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"Right, I've got an idea. Let's say we form into three squads, Group 1, Group 2, and a Forward Scout," I turn to the face the band, "Group 1 will be me, MONARCH, and Trawley. Group 2 will be Kart, Noland, and Mendus. And to act as a forward scout, Harvik."

Seeing as how I'm a Jedi I figured taking a good shot would be a good idea in the case of a firefight, and MONARCH can provide some basic covering fire as well if there is a chance to close the range and get in there with the lightsaber.

Group 2 relies on Kart acting as the leader he is, he has two not so good shots but I'm hoping that his leadership alone will be able to keep the squad intact in case of any trouble.

And Harvik was chosen as the scout solely on the fact he is a bounty hunter, a veteran of hunting and killing. He'll be able to use the terrain to his advantage and give us a report on what he see's ahead, essentially he is the eyes and ears beyond our small ring.

That is the plan anyways.

"The two groups will split off, forming a parallel line between us as we move. Harvik will move ahead in the center of the blocks, that way if theres trouble he will only need to move backwards to be into our friendly line. At the first sign of trouble we can always make a line, that way connecting the two groups. Does that sound like a plan then gents?"

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 06:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Kart is alright with that arrangement.

"Yeah, I'll play scout," Harvik smugly says. He wears a dull gray suit of blast armor, with a flamethrower strapped to one wrist and a mortar launcher perched on his back. His hair is slicked back and a band encircles his head, covering his ears. He takes his blaster rifle off his shoulder and slaps it into one hand, then starts out ahead.

Trawley comes with you as Kart's group branches out toward the opposite side of the village.

"So, let's get moving," he says, a hand placed cautiously on the handle of his heavy pistol.

MONARCH just nods quietly in agreement, stiffly holding his assault blaster.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 08:09 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"We need to move slowly and carefully, there could be clues to what happened here anywhere." As we progress everyone is carefully checking their surroundings for any evidence that could explain this unnatural phenonmenon.

Does my 3-P0 droid get any special perks besides speech translation?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 02:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

How is Seth's Observation?

For the record- Trawley is your run-of-the-mill smuggler, the roguish and handsome Han Solo type.

And aside from an obscenely high Language score, 3PO droids have little else to them! They are keenly observant, at least, but no more than the average human.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 04:57 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Observation? If it means anything I have a Perception skill of 3.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 01:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Observation is the skill relevant to investigating an area for clues, noticing the little tihngs. Seth may not have it, but Trawley and MONARCH can make up for it. Some of it is very plain to see anyway.

"See these scorch marks?" Trawley says, gesturing to a series of small crater ahead of you. "Blaster cannons. Whoever burned the village did so with lasers. Doesn't look like a ship cannon, though. You think the pirates came down here and did this?"

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 08:16 PM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

"They mentioned something about trouble occuring on the surface. Yes, pirates are not beneath assaulting a village, it doesn't explain why they would remain in orbit. And theres no sign of bodies, if it were pirates there would be bodies, and lots of them. Let's keep moving on and see if we encounter some harder evidence. I also want to see if the other groups have picked up on anything."

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 03:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed- you have found no corpses, blasted or otherwise.

You check in with Kart. He has made the same observations as Trawley.

You check in with Harvik and get no immediate reply. However, you do hear a blaster cannon go off somewhere ahead of you.

"We've got company!" Harvik shouts back over the comms in response.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 08:14 PM