KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 33 34 [35]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I think the Garans should basically battle the swarm out here; we should surge forward.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:28 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Understood. Then I'll have Aurel in the front of the charge. Hopefully they'll be able to manage with that die loss.

Schticks: Charge, Cleave, Orthodox Guard

Aurel wastes no time snapping his lightsaber to hand and activating the deadly silver beam. The swarm as a whole was not their objective, so the Jedi focused on the Temple, prepared to do his part in blazing the trail.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:23 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

With Garan firepower at your back, they can hold off the Swarm effectively while you make the charge in! You can certainly expect some opposition, of course...

Iffa, your schticks, please!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 04:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

OG, Cleave, Reflection.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 01:11 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Go time then!

The piercing shriek of the Swarm Captains is suddenly countered by the cacophony of dozens of blaster rifles and cannons going off behind you. The lasers streak past and tear great swathes of the ground up, taking vaporized bug bits with it.

They start to clear you a corridor through the amassing Swarm. Seth is using his protocol droid to relay his orders, and so you have a higher level of coordination in the Garan forces.

The Hsrik, with a laser cannon mounted over his shoulder, moves with you, followed by the smuggler Trawley and bounty hunter Harvik.

---

TEMPLE OF THE SWARM, Start of Turn 1

Hill

Garans (G5) x50

Garans (HW5) x50

Valley (1)

Iffa (LS9): 3/0 [OGu CL RF] (4F)

Aurel (LS10): 3/0 [OGu CL CH] [BGu BG] (4F)

Hsrik (HW7): 1(1A)/0 [KB] (2F)

Harvik (G7): 3(2A)/0 [10B EE CG] (1F)

Trawley (G9): 1/0 [CC ES] (3F)

Swarm Captain A: 0

Swarm Captain B: 0

Swarm x4

Valley (2)

Swarm x2

Valley (3)

Swarm Captain C: 0

Swarm x2

Valley (4)

Swarm x2

Valley (5)

Swarm Captain D: 0

Swarm x2

Temple Entrance

Swarm Captain E: 0

Swarm Captain F: 0

Swarm Captain G: 0

Swarm x6

----

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 12:46 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I forget, other than the die loss by the captains, did the swarms have any other special rules in regards to combating them?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 10:33 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not particulary. The groupings of the Swarm operate as Mooks, and the Captains are armored.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 04:13 AM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I suggest the two Jedi take the captains, leaving the swarm to the others

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 02:29 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Huh, I could have sworn I'd posted in here. Well regardless, I happen to disagree, at least initially. Our priority is to reach the Temple, so clearing the path as much as possible should be paramount. With that in mind, I intend to charge into Valley(2) to clear out that area, since there are only two swarms located there. After that's done, if necessary, I can return and aid in dealing with the captains.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 10:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

With differing strategies, the Jedi and their allies join the fight! 4-2 puts initiative in your hands, allowing you to make the first move as the Swarm recoils from the Garans' covering fire.

Iffa believes that the Captains are the greatest threat, and so moves to engage Captain A. Four successes is 10 damage from Iffa's lightsaber as he pushes it past the giant bug's armor. It chitters and clacks threateningly as it pulls itself off your blade.

Harvik tackles Captain B, loosing a series of bolts into the bug's eye cluster. Eagle Eye lets him pinpoint its weak spot and ignore the armor, while 10,000 Bolts allows him to take multiple shots. He deals 6 damage on the first, and misses the second.

The Hsrik claims a chunk of the Swarm with an unpracticed blast from his cannon, and Trawley fires his light pistol rapidly into the amassing insects. He manages to only kill on grouping.

Aurel charges ahead daringly, disagreeing with Iffa on how to proceed. Charge lets him bypass the bugs that stand in his way, maybe performing a dramatic Jedi jump over the living barrier. The moment you land, the Swarm begins trying to engulf you! You begin hacking away until the insects in your immediate space are finely minced.

Captain A tries to gore Iffa on its horns. The Jedi proves too nimble and sidesteps the charging beast. The Captain misses its attack, meaning Iffa deals a reflexive attack of 12 damage (2x the base damage of his saber) into its side. That kills it!

Harvik is less lucky as Captain B rams into him. His hi-tech Armor mitigates the damage to 5 points.

The Swarm nimbles on Trawley and the Hsrik.

Aurel finds Captain D charging him down unexpectedly, and takes 5 damage when the giant bug knocks him down. The Swarm proceeds to take bites of the Jedi... except he flourishes his lightsaber defensively and dices them up when they try. They missed their melee range attacks, and being 'mooks,' perish for their failure.

---

TEMPLE OF THE SWARM, Start of Turn 2

Hill

Garans (G5) x50

Garans (HW5) x50

Valley (1)

Iffa (LS9): 3/0 [OGu CL RF] (4F)

Hsrik (HW7): 1(1A)/2 [KB] (2F)

Harvik (G7): 3(2A)/5 [10B EE CG] (1F)

Trawley (G9): 1/4 [CC ES] (3F)

Swarm Captain B: 6

Swarm x3

Valley (2)

Aurel (LS10): 3/5 [OGu CL CH] [BGu BG] (4F)

Swarm Captain C: 0

Valley (3)

Swarm x3

Valley (4)

Swarm Captain D: 0

Swarm x2

Valley (5)

Swarm x3

Temple Entrance

Swarm Captain E: 0

Swarm Captain F: 0

Swarm Captain G: 0

Swarm x4

----

The Swarm replenishes as more of it surges from beneath the ground.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:57 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm tempted to keep going and clear out the swarms in the next portion of the valley, but I can clearly see it being a case of diminishing returns, so I'll deal with the Captain that found an interest in me. Bodyguard won't really help me here, and I think the benefits of Orthodox guard will work to my advantage here more than Balanced Guard, so I won't swap out any schticks and just take the next turn to have a go at the Captain.

Summary: No swaps. Attacking Captain C.

The larger creature's sudden charge took Aurel by surprise, but only for a moment, and with the smaller swarms clear out already, it left him free to meet his eager foe. He swings his saber down to cause the insect to retreat enough for him to rise to his feet, then steps in with silver saber humming.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 02:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I sort of wish to wait for Iffa but he hasn't been on much. Hmm.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 02:25 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm willing to wait. This retro's switched hands a few times, but he really stuck with it. He deserves to see this to the end.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 09:02 AM