KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Cursed Swarm
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Not quite. It is considered that once you make your attack, your turn is done. With Charge, if you wanted to attack first and then move, you could.

For those a turn away, you'd have to move in and attack.

With the other two, you would spend a turn moving in, and then another turn moving in and attacking. The Force power 'Dash' could reduce that all to a single turn.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 08:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Ah, I see...I'll remember that for the future. On this next turn coming up, I will tap my Balanced Guard schtick, which I believe adds to my armor. I will also swap out Bodyguard for Cleave, and move into range of the mooks, rather than wait for them to come to me and the other crew. Also, to help thin the numbers, I going to use a Force point to utilize my Twirl force power. With luck, I can mow a majority of them down immediately.

Aurel fought the pain as the caster bolt grazes him, just barely managing to deflect a few bolts from Mendus. He immediately saw that allowing the Garans to get into close range with the crew would not end well, and so the swordsman made a split-second decision. "Stay under cover," he calls out to Kart, Mendus and Noland, before stepping away from the ruined hut. Shifting his lightsaber before him and tightening his grip, Auel charges at the group of lizardfolk, falling into a crouch as he spins within their ranks, silver saber screaming a wide arc.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 07:33 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Let's see how Initiative is...

It goes to you! Aurel, then, bounds out from his cover and launches his attack. He Twirls into the pack of Garans with a pool of six and scores three successes, cutting down three Garans! Mendus and Noland injure two more with their shooting. Kart's still pressuring the Garans.

Aurel's heroic assault has drawn the Garans' charge to a hault! Instead of breaking past your friends' cover as they had planned, they all turn and fire you. However, you're well prepared! Kart's Covering Fire means your shooters all need 6s to hit, and your Balanced Guard tap means you have a Defense of 4 and an Armor rating of 3 (or 4 if your shooters roll any 1s or 2s). And so everyone misses as you whirl about and deflect incoming shots. Good going!

----

BATTLE AT BARUM, Start of Turn 3

East Village

Garans (G5) x3 (2A) (one turn away)
Garans (G5) x2*** (2A) (one turn away)

Garan Caster (HW4) x1 (2A) (two turns away)

Garan Leader (G6): 1(3A)/0 [10B] (two turns away, in cover)

Aurel (LS10): 1/0 [BGu CL CH] [OGu BG] (4F) (one turn away)

Kart (G11): 1(1PR)/0 [GS ES CF] (4F) (in cover)

Mendus (G6): 1/2 (1F) (in cover)

Noland (G6): 1/0 (1F) (in cover)

----

Now would be the time for Aurel to swap out Balanced Guard. Once you tap a power, it becomes inoperable until a Refresh turn comes. Each turn I draw a card out of a nine-card deck. If I draw an Ace of Hearts, you get a Refresh. Schticks only refresh if you have a schtick swapped out.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 10:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Then swap out I shall. Since there's no point to Bodyguard someone I'm not even close to, I'll swap out the tapped Balanced Guard for Orthodox Guard.

With three of their foes down, Aurel pressed his attack, the grip on his weapons shifting as he took the well-practiced stance that most Jedi learn from the temple. Without hesitation, he surged at the Garans, not out of anger, but necessity. The young Jedi was not untouched by the deaths of these poor, ignorant creatures, but spurred by such violence, he could only respond in kind and hope that the Force would make them realize the danger they put themselves in. His lightsaber hummed and shined as it arced to and fro, it's deadly beauty not being lost by those who observed the Jedi in his deadly dance.

Last edited by XanatosForever on Jul 22nd, 2010 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 02:27 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Initiative is lost to you this turn!

The Garans concentrate their fire on you and only one hits thanks to Kart's looking out for you, for 4 damage.

The Garan with the plasmacaster decides to go after Kart, while the Leader shoots at you. Kart stays clear thanks to his cover while the Leader hits you with his first attack for 5 damage and misses his second.

Aurel responds by rolling nine successes, more than enough to cut down a pair of Garans with Cleave. Noland and Mendus fail to kill their targets, but Kart taps Covering Fire so that he can get an attack of his own in. He also taps Gunslinger and gets seven successes on the Plasmacaster Garan, then spends a Fortune point to refresh Gunslinger as the Garan goes down.

----

BATTLE AT BARUM, Start of Turn 4

East Village

Garans (G5) x1 (2A) (one turn away)
Garans (G5) x2**** (2A) (one turn away)

Garan Leader (G6): 1(3A)/0 [10B] (two turns away, in cover)

Aurel (LS12): 3/9 [OGu CL CH] [BGu BG] (4F) (one turn away)

Kart (G11): 1(1PR)/0 [GS ES CF] (3F) (in cover)

----

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 09:24 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The hail of blaster fire around him briefly disorients the Jedi. Aurel shrugs off the burn as the Garans concentrated their fire upon him, one or two bolts managing to penetrate his defenses and Kart's covering fire. He glances for a instant in the captain and crew's direction, seeing them safe behind the surprisingly sturdy hut walls. With their numbers dwindled, the battle was quickly shifting in their favor. Rather than cut down the rest of the lizardfolk in cold-blood, Aurel decided it was time to face their leader. So with blurring speed, he dived through the throng of Garans to where the leader lurked, bringing his blade forward.

So, if the narrative isn't clear, I'm going to tap Charge to move into range of the Garan Leader and attack before initiative next turn. That's about it, not much commentary this time. smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 12:14 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If you happen to get initiative, do you want to still tap Charge for its bonus dice?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 07:43 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Oh, I forgot about the possibility of winning initiative...considering it's still a tapping of Charge, it works with my stylistic narration, so sure! eek! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 07:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As it turns out, you get initiative! As Aurel moves forward to launch his attack a Garan gets picked off by Kart with a well-placed shot. Noland takes down his man and Mendus wounds his; this Garan promptly surrenders. They may be dense but they are not suicidal.

Aurel drives his lightsaber through the cover that the Garan Leader is using with a sixteen dice assault due to his Charge tap. He rolls a whopping eleven successes on his strike for 17 damage to the Leader, cleaving off a piece of his armor.

The Leader's response is less than satisfactory for him. He grazes you for 5 damage but misses his second shot completely.

----

BATTLE AT BARUM, Start of Turn 5

East Village

Garan Leader (G6): 1(3A)/0 [10B] (in cover)

Aurel (LS12): 3/14 [OGu CL CH] [BGu BG] (4F)

Kart (G11): 1(1PR)/0 [GS ES] [CF] (3F) (in cover)

----

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 08:22 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Aurel steadies his hands as a bolt glances him through his defenses. The heat of anger rises in him, but he quickly fights it down, knowing that emotion in battle could quickly lead to the dark side. Instead, he takes a methodical approach toward his opponent, keep his defenses up and utilizing the stance taught to him by the temple to strike when it would be most effective. He only needed to wound the leader into submission; killing him would be of little benefit.

That boost from Charge was nice, but now that it's tapped out, I'm going to swap it, which also brings me to a question: is it possible to swap out a schtick and not replace it, or is it required to always have a minimum of three schticks active?
If the latter, then I'll swap Charge out for Bodyguard and just not utilize its effects if possible.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2010 09:31 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is entirely possible to swap and not replace, yes. Sometimes you just don't have anything to replace it with.

Aurel goes for a standard attack to disable the Garan commander. Sadly, non-lethal blows with a lightsaber are a rule that has yet to be developed. An impressive eight successes cuts your target down either way.

After the ruckus of blasterfire and shouting has stopped, all that reminds is the humming of your lightsaber. The skirmish is won.

You can have that Force point back, too.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 07:17 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Son of a gun! I misrepresented my character. I don't suppose we could mulligan that last moment?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 07:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If you like! Such opportunities are rarely given, keep in mind.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 08:14 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I understand, and thank you for the opportunity.

Aurel steadies his hands as a bolt glances him through his defenses. The heat of anger rises in him, but he quickly fights it down, knowing that emotion in battle could quickly lead to the dark side. Instead, he deactivates his lightsaber, the silver beam vanishing in an instant as the hilt disappears into his robes. His muscles tense for a brief moment as he falls into a martial stance, keeping his defenses up. He only needed to wound the leader into submission; killing him would be of little benefit. "Your men have lost the will to fight," he says to the leader, hoping that without his unit behind him the lizardman would be more willing to listen to reason, "please halt this attack."

If Aurel was really trying to not kill, which he would, then he would have actually deactivated his lightsaber. Considering the Garan will probably be much more confident without the laser sword in his face, we'll be sure to utilize combat schticks. In this case, I'd be using Impervious, Dodge and Weave, and Martial Arts.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 08:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Alright! More tutoring for the newbie!

In the midst of a fight, you need to swap in schticks one-by-one, even if you have changed weapons (or gone to barehand.)

Fun fact- with Swiftness, you can jump between Lightsaber to barehanded without spending your action drawing your sword or putting it away.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 12:57 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

no expression...That is a woth remembering, most definitely. Given the situation, then, in this case I'll be swapping Cleave for Impervious at the moment.

I also recall that little fact when I was looking over the powers. Glad I decided to take it. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 02:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As are we all! Content with the fact that Impervious will not do you much good against a gun?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 09:28 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Given that it is (if I read the mechanics right) marginally better than Dodge and Weave first, yes. smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 09:33 AM
REXXXX
Networking

May want to consider that Dodge & Weave functions against blaster weapons whereas Impervious only works if he punches you.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 09:44 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

...Ohh yeahh, huh?

Dodge & Weave it shall have to be, then. Too bad, I guess the Garan isn't the honorable type. laughing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 10:22 AM