KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Discussion Thread

Tournament Discussion Thread
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Do enough 'good' female characters (oxymoron, I know) even exist to warrant a multi-team tourney?

the answer is no, obviously.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 07:51 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Starscream M
I think a regular battle tourney is better than olympics...no offense.

olympics would be waaaay to hard to judge.

Oh I know but I'd like to do something deviating from the norm.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 08:49 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Starscream M
the answer is no, obviously.

I actually already know who I'd pick. But it would be like 3-4 picks out of about 6-7 good ones available at any level for females....there's really not enough to make an interesting tourney. There'd be a random-ass lottery to get the 1-2 best at any level, and everyone else would pretty much be screwed. I'd probably either get my first choice in the draft and roll to the finals or just forfeit my matches.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 06:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Deviation from the norm typically only works if the steps taken are minor.

If it was run competently, I'd actually like to have seen Evangel's tourney style put to proper use.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 04:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Has anyone ever done a prep battle tournament? Like pure prep, more like a chess match than a fight (though a fight could be one dimension of the tournament).

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 05:16 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i could host a street-level tourney. i'd love to take part in one as well, but prolly about time i hosted one.

i'd do a non-team format (ie you compete on your own), maybe 3 team members. i'll do it if i have 6 individuals are will NOT back out of the tourney. 2 pools of 3. round robin in pools, last place knocked out, 2 plays off against 1 in a x-over semi final then a final match between winners.

who'd be interested?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 08:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

When would you host it?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 08:41 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

as soon as i had 6 individuals who are SERIOUSLY interested.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 08:51 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I ask cause I'd be SERIOUSLY interested, but I think I'll be internet-less starting May 5th. So unless the tourney was starting ASAP and lasting little over a month...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:00 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, talk to all your friends and get them to sign up. i would start it asap. we could draft this week. biggest iussue with tourneys is always time. evangel had it right in that regard.

so, who wants to sign up?

i need 6 for a steet level event. MUST BE SERIOUS!!

1. smurph
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 09:39 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Blah. Street. Gimme a few days to mull it over. I've been wanting to enter a tourney, and I'm sure leo would run a good one, but Street is probably my least knowledgable level. I'll need to see if I could come up with enough potentially competitive teams to feel confident about drafts.

By street you mean street though, right? No low metas sneaking in? Because there's a lot of tweeners like Azrael for example, and just street is a surprisingly small draft pool.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 21st, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It just doesn't seem like there is much of a selection in the street-level tiers. Realistically, if one person were fast enough with their drafts and picked up 'good' street levelers the first go-around, it'd likely be pretty easy for them to clean this thing up.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Perhaps a tourney for all characters between Streetlevel and Low Tier/Low Herald?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:30 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

It just doesn't seem like there is much of a selection in the street-level tiers. Realistically, if one person were fast enough with their drafts and picked up 'good' street levelers the first go-around, it'd likely be pretty easy for them to clean this thing up.

Which is why any "street" tourney on the forums to this point has actually been a low meta tourney, give or take a few characters depending on the exact rules. But yeah, it's an issue. The best solution is usually to make a few pertinent bans on "cheap" powers for the level and allow the majority of low metas, but I'm sure there's a variety of ways it could be pulled off.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:32 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I don't know if I could participate in terms of entering said tourny, but I think I could def devote time to judging if that would help out.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 10:41 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i'd have thought that there was a pretty good pool to draw from. could always just make it 2 characters per team which would only be 12 characters. i KNOW there are 12 solid street guys out there. the second rd would be reverse order of the first, btw.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 11:52 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

especially since all the best street levelers get their title as the best by beating the other known street levelers.

you pick batman, you automatically have a plethora of scans to draw from that are specific to practically all of the dc martial artists, and conversely picking any of them means you have scans of your guy losing to batman. wink

same goes for captain america i guess

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:26 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

One problem I forsee in a street/low meta tourney is someone like Mr X stomping a huge number of people, due to the fact that reletivly few street levelers have any forms of TP resistance...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:45 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

x would be banned without question.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:49 AM
Smurph
------

So would this be completely without powers then?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:50 AM