KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Leo's Tourney Odds Thread

Leo's Tourney Odds Thread
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 10:29 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

IMO Gundam's team presents the greatest chance of a Wildcard strategy/approach. But that may be because I know so little about anyone in his team except for Punisher, and even there my knowledge is spotty.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 11:06 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Original Smurph

seems you have a fan . . . laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 12:32 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The OP is updated to include all team lists, character links, and match schedule, as well as judges.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 30th, 2010 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I'm reassessing my prediction in light of learning of blair's team...which presents a challenge imo to smurph's team in particular.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:52 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Starscream, since you've taken such an interest, it might interest you to know that after our group round robins, we get to re-draft. So some teams will be different going into the semis and finals. As such, predictions on group winners are easier to make, but overall winners are anyone's guess, because teams could feasibly change wildly before it's over.

Sorry to be mildly patronizing earlier, btw...I actually thought you were spam-joking with all the Smurph-wankage. But it's nice to see outside interest.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:13 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I would not mind giving odds, but I feel to damn ignorant to do so considering I have not even taken a peek at the rules/restrictions.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:51 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by "Id"
I would not mind giving odds, but I feel to damn ignorant to do so considering I have not even taken a peek at the rules/restrictions.

that never kept you from posting odds--or even participating--in the past . . .

heh

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 11:24 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Digi
Starscream, since you've taken such an interest, it might interest you to know that after our group round robins, we get to re-draft.
that's a good point, duly noted.

btw, I'm not wanking smurph...all the debators in this tourney are very capable. I just thought his team was stronger than the others....but I added the caveat that I based it only on my limited knowledge. I know how much creativity debators can bring and often turn rather mundane characters (ie punisher) into much more, although the rules of this tourney seems to allow for only a pretty basic changes due to very limited prep time.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 11:38 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

The rules of this tourney "seem" to allow amalgams, thus the individual characters matter little as everything can be negated via good teamworksmile

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 12:00 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by leonidas
that never kept you from posting odds--or even participating--in the past . . .

heh
Careful you might force the Demon of Elru out of early tournament retirement.

Last edited by "Id" on Mar 30th, 2010 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 05:30 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Id, post odds

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 05:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Omega did about 1000x better in his OP than in his last tourney. Weren't you the one who one-hit-killed yourself with your prep strategy in the last one?

stick out tongue

Anyway, kudos. Despite a little unfamiliarity with the process, it's impossible to know you're new from your writeup, which is solid.

In other news, the scans I dug up to counter Mysterio's illusions are now worthless. The early bird....gets shafted occasionally.

embarrasment

Last edited by Digi on Mar 30th, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 11:18 PM
Omega Vision

Omega did about 1000x better in his OP than in his last tourney. Weren't you the one who one-hit-killed yourself with your prep strategy in the last one?

stick out tongue

Anyway, kudos. Despite a little unfamiliarity with the process, it's impossible to know you're new from your writeup, which is solid.

I would shift blame by saying that JLX came up with that strat for the most part but then its still on my head for not putting more effort into double-checking his strat before okaying it. embarrasment

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 11:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
I would shift blame by saying that JLX came up with that strat for the most part but then its still on my head for not putting more effort into double-checking his strat before okaying it. embarrasment

how you think WE'D have done if galan didn't constantly repair all my write-ups!?

s'why i picked galan--i knew i could be lazy and do nothing. big grin

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 01:17 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I like that Cage and Iron Fist are meeting in the first match. I like to imagine comic-style interplay between the characters/amalgams. It makes potential matchups so much more entertaining.

happy

...and also disturbing, since, for example, Wolverine and Cyclops presumably have knowledge of the fact that they're now sharing a body. If I were Omega, I'd argue that Smurph's amalgam isn't logically consistent based on that alone.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 31st, 2010 at 04:56 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 04:54 AM
Omega Vision

I like that Cage and Iron Fist are meeting in the first match. I like to imagine comic-style interplay between the characters/amalgams. It makes potential matchups so much more entertaining.

happy

...and also disturbing, since, for example, Wolverine and Cyclops presumably have knowledge of the fact that they're now sharing a body. If I were Omega, I'd argue that Smurph's amalgam isn't logically consistent based on that alone.

T-Sphere makes a hologram of Jean Gray ftw. wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 01:28 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Omega Vision
T-Sphere makes a hologram of Jean Gray ftw. wink

Holy...

Smurph is screwed. OHK's are allowed in this sh*t.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 04:21 PM
Omega Vision

Holy...

Smurph is screwed. OHK's are allowed in this sh*t.

If Smurph pushes me I won't be afraid to do it.

evil face

Last edited by Omega Vision on Mar 31st, 2010 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 04:24 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm not sure "basic knowledge" includes a knowledge of their crippling relationship tension with Jean. You might be out of luck.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2010 04:28 PM