KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Pokeverse v.s. FFverse

Pokeverse v.s. FFverse
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 28 29 [30]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
A large volume of water moving at several machs > a rockslide.

That's Hydro Pump

A flamethrower isn't stopping a Blizzard

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:16 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

A large volume of water moving at several machs > a rockslide.

You're the one who wanted to assign pokemon dark type to Darkja, either play by your own rules, or let the attack fail against 100% of pokemon attacks, dun matter to me. Hell, you never even proved it was equivelant to pokemon dark type, and we let you have that, and now you're renegging.
Incase you missed my edit.

Also, creating a warm air current that prevents frozen precipitation would infact end a Blizzard. :]

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2010 08:18 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

You guys are using a really poor argument now laughing

It doesn't matter if Mewtwo's Aura Sphere has a type advantage against darkja because it doesn't have one against Zodiark. Just because a pokemon has a move with a type advantage against a weaker move doesn't mean that it's attack stops the weaker one from hurting them, they still hit them.

Trying to downplay Darkja because it doesn't have a feat to show how powerful it is is also a poor excuse because it can be said the same for Aurasphere.

The point is that Darkja is super effective against Mewtwo, and Aurapshere is not effective against Zodiark.

Mewtwo<darkja..... Mewtwo gets beat

Old Post May 1st, 2010 12:28 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
You guys are using a really poor argument now laughing

It doesn't matter if Mewtwo's Aura Sphere has a type advantage against darkja because it doesn't have one against Zodiark. Just because a pokemon has a move with a type advantage against a weaker move doesn't mean that it's attack stops the weaker one from hurting them, they still hit them.

Trying to downplay Darkja because it doesn't have a feat to show how powerful it is is also a poor excuse because it can be said the same for Aurasphere.

The point is that Darkja is super effective against Mewtwo, and Aurapshere is not effective against Zodiark.

Mewtwo<darkja..... Mewtwo gets beat

Actually, we aren't.

It does matter, MewTwo simply Auraspheres through Darkja, problem solved.

Darkja has no feats, MewTwo does. smile MewTwo is using Aurasphere.

MewTwo > Darkja. Kthnx.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 12:35 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Actually, we aren't.

MewTwo > Darkja. Kthnx.

No, your argument sucks

Mewtwo CANNOT stop dark attacks with Aurasphere in the games. Show me one instance where this has happened and ill concede. It is just an attack that has an advantage over dark pokemon, and never misses. It doesn't have the power to stop darkja from hitting him, just like it doesn't have the power to stop pokemon's dark attacks in the games. If the disadvantaged pokemon lives, it's attack still hits Mewtwo.

I don't know what gave you this idea. the Anime... Manga...? You yourself said that those don't apply if they contradict the games. I don't think Aurasphere has a feat in the games, just like it doesn't give one for darkja. This part is again, irrevevent
The part that is relevent is that darkja, a dark elemental attack, has an advantage against Mewtwo. Aurasphere, a fighting move, doesn't have an advantage against Zodiark.... it's a fighting move, not a holy one. Zodiark lives, even if Mewtwo does hit him Aurasphere first, and darkja still hits Mewtwo. Even if Mewtwo lives from the first attack, its doing more damage than Aurasphere does to Zodiark, a couple more will finish him.

no, dark attacks are > than Mewtwo. Saying otherwise contradicts the games. Darkja>Mewtwo. Kthnx

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:36 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

So you want two things to attack at the same time in a turn based RPG? Fantastic.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:52 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

you guys were the ones who wanted to use the Aurasphere to go through darkja and hit Zodiark, that wasn't me. As far as turn based RPG's goes, that a gameplay mechanic.

It's so like u to ignore my reasons and make up some BS like this laughing

try better next time. Kthnx

Old Post May 1st, 2010 10:53 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Actually, we aren't.

MewTwo > Darkja. Kthnx.

1:23

You honestly think an energy ball is gonna stop a wide-radius dark attack? Zodiark is just gonna shrug off Aura Sphere while Mewtwo gets blasted by Darkja and with a chance of getting blinded or instantly killed.

Mewtwo's only feat in the Pokemon series was destroying the Pokemon Mansion.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 1st, 2010 01:39 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Do we count Manga as canon? If so, world destroying tornado via giant spoon spinning wins.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 1st, 2010 01:57 PM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Do we count Manga as canon? If so, world destroying tornado via giant spoon spinning wins.

Mewtwo doesn't even wield spoons in the game. The only thing I would count as canon abilities is the anime but that's not used in this thread.

Either way, Zodiark and Anima tear him up.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:14 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Sort of like a freakin Dodrio beats Machamp? Lawl, no. no expression Come up with something better.

I still don't know why you're bothering. The only things that matter in this thread are the top tiers of either universe.

The mid tiers of pokeymanz rape the mid tiers of FF, though.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:17 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Sort of like a freakin Dodrio beats Machamp? Lawl, no. no expression Come up with something better.

I still don't know why you're bothering. The only things that matter in this thread are the top tiers of either universe.

The mid tiers of pokeymanz rape the mid tiers of FF, though.

What are the Pokemon mid-tiers?

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:20 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
you guys were the ones who wanted to use the Aurasphere to go through darkja and hit Zodiark, that wasn't me. As far as turn based RPG's goes, that a gameplay mechanic.

It's so like u to ignore my reasons and make up some BS like this laughing

try better next time. Kthnx

I'm not ignoring anything except your stupid. You want me to show you two attacks colliding using the gameplay of a turn based RPG. That is stupid.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 04:32 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I'm not ignoring anything except your stupid. You want me to show you two attacks colliding using the gameplay of a turn based RPG. That is stupid.

and your stupid for thinking Aurasphere can keep darkja from hitting him. The games give no evidence of any pokemon attack ever working like that.

You guys say darkja has no feats, the same goes for Aurasphere. The difference is that Mewtwo is weak against dark, and Zodiark isn't weak against fighting types.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Zodiark is weak against holy elements. An Aura Sphere won't stop it.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
[BZodiark and Anima tear him up. [/B]

Old Post May 1st, 2010 07:17 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

That's because its a turn based RPG.

Aura Sphere is a fighting type move, strong against the Dark type. MewTwo being a Psychic type doesn't matter.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 07:27 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I remembered this thread. 10 years later, is there anything in FF15 that could have done the deed that only the Void had a chance at?

Old Post May 9th, 2020 10:08 PM