KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spectre vs. Eternity

Spectre vs. Eternity
Started by: Black bolt z

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

thumb up

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:21 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Eternity wins. He doesn't have a soul.
he kinda does though: he's life (at least used to) be ties to the lives of his "children", the trillions of lives of his inhabitants. they die, he dies.

not sure how that works if it;s still the case, but he's not technically soulless in totality

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:25 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Has Eternity ever actually won a fight on his own....?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:30 AM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by psycho gundam
he kinda does though: he's life (at least used to) be ties to the lives of his "children", the trillions of lives of his inhabitants. they die, he dies.

not sure how that works if it;s still the case, but he's not technically soulless in totality

Eternity's a lot of things. As for life, I bet there's more unintelligent life than there are intelligent, evil life within Eternity. So yeah, I'd like to see Spectre judge that.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:32 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by redhotrash
Has Eternity ever actually won a fight on his own....?

Yes.

- Defeated Nightmare and Powered-up Juggernaut.
- Him and his other half Infinity defeated Magus with an incomplete IG

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:34 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Toss up.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 08:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Spectre.
Based on?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 02:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Meh, my problem with the Spectre vs Nekron thing was that Spectre didn't try to use his vast magical/godly reserves of power on Nekron, just tried to 'judge him'.

I mean, Parallax wouldn't seem to technically have a soul (As it's basically just fear incarnate), but Spectre could hurt Parallax via magic/raw power.

Meh, either way it depends on what version of Spectre.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 02:42 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing

The point I was trying to make is that both companies have shit writing at times!!!
that wasn't sh$# writing for the spectre but his actual power base lvl before retcons and ignoring of his powerset to make him a more powerful character.

Dc does this alot with its characters they rewrite them without any explanation till one day they are herald lvl and ppl just accept it and ignore the characters earlier power lvl's and past stories..

DC needed a Marvel abstract character and they chose the spectre to mirror marvel's abstracts and so they rewrote him in that light without explaining the massive power push.. i guess one could say they did with god's backing but lets be honest really didn't.. you don't go from fighting vampires for 15, 20 yrs and in a DCU/MU crossover to universal guardian and master of time and space and mystical realms and considering him somewhat equal to the Lt. when he hasn't bn written as such since the Silverage.

the poor writing is dc never explaining his power push not Spectre's actual powerset that was below guys like strange.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 02:51 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Meh, my problem with the Spectre vs Nekron thing was that Spectre didn't try to use his vast magical/godly reserves of power on Nekron, just tried to 'judge him'.

I mean, Parallax wouldn't seem to technically have a soul (As it's basically just fear incarnate), but Spectre could hurt Parallax via magic/raw power.

Meh, either way it depends on what version of Spectre.
Which version of the Spectre can handle Eternity here?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 12:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

Eternity is the bigger jobber. The wrath of the Presence wins.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 03:10 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Spectre at his best is a Multiversal Abstract. Multiversal Abstract>Embodiment of one Universe.
Spectre FTW.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 03:16 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

eternity in his full manifestation is also omniversal abstract what we see of eternity in the current 616 is just one small aspect of himself...

now i am not saying regular eternity in the 616 is omniversal cuz he isnt but at his full power and part of his totality he is...

anyways when has it bn said or shown that the spectre is omniversal?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 04:04 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Spectre at his best is a Multiversal Abstract. Multiversal Abstract>Embodiment of one Universe.
Spectre FTW.
Eternity at his best is multiversal.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 04:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by psycho gundam

Warlock stated once that while Eternity and other abstracts have 'spirits', they don't have souls and aren't under the soul gem's domain.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 04:26 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Spectre FTW.
Based on what? Like this means anything anywise combat wise.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 02:20 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by King Kandy
Warlock stated once that while Eternity and other abstracts have 'spirits', they don't have souls and aren't under the soul gem's domain.
What comic is that?

BTW this is most powerful version of spectre(i wouldn't know the name for that).Why would people think the guy in the fun comics who fights werewolves would fight Eternity?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 02:28 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

is there a Omni-Eternity?
or would that be toaa or the primal monitor?

I have returned

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 02:41 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Spectre has high showings, lets not forget that

Spectre and LT encountered The Brothers

Not Eternity

LT >/= Spectre> Eternity IMO

Rules, be spoken Cris is the current Host. Most have seen the jobbing DC writers have bestowed upon him

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 04:52 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
is there a Omni-Eternity?
or would that be toaa or the primal monitor?
its the multiversal eternity which is the whole of all the entire multiverse...

i dont have a scan of him but yes he their a multiversal eternity..

the 616 eternity is just a small part of its full totality..

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 04:55 PM