KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

a girl gear! eek!

hawtness!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 04:39 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). .

Link please for the trailer.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:11 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good to see the actual trailer

went looking for it yesterday but all i found was some bullshit one.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I don't liike the idea of a female Gear, I reckon it can only downgrade the character interaction. There is something nice about the way guys are with other guys (in a bloke-y way), one and two are a fair representation of this. It would be a shame to lose that dynamic just to stop some femanists getting pissed off.

With any luck she'll be another Tai, Carmine or... Carmine. So we can get back to Marcus, Dom, Cole and Baird fun.

Last edited by §P0oONY on Apr 14th, 2010 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 06:36 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe).

It is Anya according to The Gearspedia.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 08:47 AM
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Kazenji
It is Anya according to The Gearspedia.
Not exactly what I'd call a reliable confirmation.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 12:33 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warden

Oh great just what I don't want, a female gear

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 12:36 PM
Warden is currently offline Click here to Send Warden a Private Message Find more posts by Warden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Not exactly what I'd call a reliable confirmation.

Well can you find a better scource?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 12:42 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw a trailer earlier today and was surprised when I saw a female Gear (Anya maybe). Good thing Cliffy realized that through most of the series, it's been a sausage fest and has had enough.

Yeah, because clearly she's going to be as feminine as a Victoria's Secret angel.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 03:08 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well can you find a better scource?
THere isn't going to be one is there. I just don't think we can say it's Anya, she doesn't look anything like her. It's probably just a new character.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 03:31 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

how is it going to kill the atmosphere at all? erm

i guess you guys have never seen aliens...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 04:30 PM
§P0oONY

Alien wasn't a sequal of a heavily "bromance" franchise.

It's like having a bloke as one of the girls in Sex and the City... Or a girl being a main character in Road Trip. Even if this woman turns out to be butch (and she doesn't really look it from the trailer) the game will lose something.

Maybe it's hard for you to understand but as a guy, going to the pub with a bunch of male friends is different to going to the pub with both sexes. In the same way that going out on a girls night out is different to going out with both sexes. It was just nice to have a game that was 100% blokey.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 04:38 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I have no problem with a femgear so long as she is cool. badass and doesn't die in 5 minutes.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 05:06 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Alien wasn't a sequal of a heavily "bromance" franchise.

It's like having a bloke as one of the girls in Sex and the City... Or a girl being a main character in Road Trip. Even if this woman turns out to be butch (and she doesn't really look it from the trailer) the game will lose something.

Maybe it's hard for you to understand but as a guy, going to the pub with a bunch of male friends is different to going to the pub with both sexes. In the same way that going out on a girls night out is different to going out with both sexes. It was just nice to have a game that was 100% blokey.

See, that sort of thing has literally never mattered to me.

If they're just doing it to be equal to women, that's dumb.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Apr 14th, 2010 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:52 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I miss the Half Life 2s =\

keep your head up, valve is working on half life 2 episode 3, i should be out soon.....i hope..... confused

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 11:38 PM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And also Portal 2

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 12:20 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

half life 2 bored the hell out of me, TBH.

ive never understood the acclaim it gets. even for its time, the only thing that stood out to me was the graphics and the physics system, which admittedly is to this day pretty mind blowing. but other than that... gameplay seemed very stale and and the story was just so0o0o0o unengaging to me... i didnt feel engrossed in the universe or in the character at all.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 12:23 AM
§P0oONY

Half Life 2 is to first person shooters as Shakespeare is to theatre, it defines the genre. You have zero taste in games if you rate Deus Ex 2 but not Half Life 2.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 12:39 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

... i havent rated deuce ex 2... so im going to assume that that is just another "spoony makes random declarative statements to no one in particular" moments o.o

regardless, if half life defines then the genre then i pity the genre, game is just really average.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 12:58 AM