KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Put The Final Fantasy Games In Order Of Preference

Put The Final Fantasy Games In Order Of Preference
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

Not even worth a play?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 01:31 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I never really got too far in the GBA one, and haven't tried the DS one, but heard it was more of the same.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 08:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I never really got too far in the GBA one, and haven't tried the DS one, but heard it was more of the same.

Yep. I bought GBA Tactics, and while it wasn't bad I couldn't force myself to finish it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 08:28 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

VII - Story was epically overrated, but I loved all of it.

IX - One of the first ones I've beaten, loved the story....it was epic. Zidane is probably one of my fav. characters just because of his tail. He's basically the FF universes version of a super saiyan big grin He's probably one of my fav. characters because he isn't shy with his love interests like most FF characters are... lol, He grabed Garnet's ass in the beginning of the game when they left that town that was produceing Black mages.

IV - Cecil was a juggernaut, also one of my favs. cuz he starts off doing bad things....but has to grow an effing conscience and gets demoted. Golbez was pretty beast. story was one of my favs. too

VI - Keifka devil

XIII - Game was pretty good after you got through all the linear shit, and was able to explore, do side quests, pick your teams, and grind. Loved the story. The battle system was different, but I liked it. Only controlling one character was annoying, even more annoying that u lose if your character dies. lvl up system was pretty good, reminds me of the sphere grid though

VIII - I liked what I played from it, but sadly, I never finished. I played up to the 3rd disk and couldn't get past the Zombie boss on the other side of that bridge you have to take Rinoa across. I beat him, that wasn't the problem. It's just that every single time I killed him, the game froze.

X - Good game. Good story (kinda sappy though), good lvl up system, and great battle sytem. The only problem I had with this was Tidus. He's a beast towards the end, but his ignorance, and annoying personality just pissed me off.

XII - wasn't too much for it, but I beat it. It was okay, but the other games are better. The hardest boss on the game is just freaking crazy.... I'm still surprised I was able to kill it w/o the Zodiac Spear.

V - Didn't play that far into it, but from what I've played it's pretty good. I need to finish it, but I'm too lazy to play my GB these days.

I've played 1, 2, and have 3, but I'm too lazy right now to start 3, never played 2, but I have it, and I beat FF1 a LONG time ago if it was the same FF that came out for GB. Final Fantasy Adventure???( i think that was the name, im not sure, but I think Garland is the Final boss in it too, and I know you can get a dragon as a playable character.)I was like 5 or 6 when I got it so I don't remember much... my mom beat it before I did. laughing If it isn't the same, then I've only put a few hours into the PS version.

Dissidia, Tactics, and Crisis Core were pretty fun too.

I liked Dirge of Cerberus, but it was too much like Devil May Cry for me. Didn't really have a FF game feel to it... well.... except for the story line.

Never played any of the crystal chronicles, so idk...... I'm pretty sure thats all of them except for the mmo's

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:38 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
VII - Story was epically overrated, but I loved all of it.

IX - One of the first ones I've beaten, loved the story....it was epic. Zidane is probably one of my fav. characters just because of his tail. He's basically the FF universes version of a super saiyan big grin He's probably one of my fav. characters because he isn't shy with his love interests like most FF characters are... lol, He grabed Garnet's ass in the beginning of the game when they left that town that was produceing Black mages.

IV - Cecil was a juggernaut, also one of my favs. cuz he starts off doing bad things....but has to grow an effing conscience and gets demoted. Golbez was pretty beast. story was one of my favs. too

VI - Keifka devil

XIII - Game was pretty good after you got through all the linear shit, and was able to explore, do side quests, pick your teams, and grind. Loved the story. The battle system was different, but I liked it. Only controlling one character was annoying, even more annoying that u lose if your character dies. lvl up system was pretty good, reminds me of the sphere grid though. I also liked Fang and Vanille's British accents, idk why... it just made me like their characters better.

VIII - I liked what I played from it, but sadly, I never finished. I played up to the 3rd disk and couldn't get past the Zombie boss on the other side of that bridge you have to take Rinoa across. I beat him, that wasn't the problem. It's just that every single time I killed him, the game froze.

X - Good game. Good story (kinda sappy though), good lvl up system, and great battle sytem. The only problem I had with this was Tidus. He's a beast towards the end, but his ignorance, and annoying personality just pissed me off.

XII - wasn't too much for it, but I beat it. It was okay, but the other games are better. The hardest boss on the game is just freaking crazy.... I'm still surprised I was able to kill it w/o the Zodiac Spear.

V - Didn't play that far into it, but from what I've played it's pretty good. I need to finish it, but I'm too lazy to play my GB these days.

I've played 1, 2, and have 3, but I'm too lazy right now to start 3, never played 2, but I have it, and I beat FF1 a LONG time ago if it was the same FF that came out for GB. Final Fantasy Adventure???( i think that was the name, im not sure, but I think Garland is the Final boss in it too, and I know you can get a dragon as a playable character.)I was like 5 or 6 when I got it so I don't remember much... my mom beat it before I did. laughing If it isn't the same, then I've only put a few hours into the PS version.

Dissidia, Tactics, and Crisis Core were pretty fun too.

I liked Dirge of Cerberus, but it was too much like Devil May Cry for me. Didn't really have a FF game feel to it... well.... except for the story line.

Never played any of the crystal chronicles, so idk...... I'm pretty sure thats all of them except for the mmo's

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:44 AM
linkownsyousobs is currently offline Click here to Send linkownsyousobs a Private Message Find more posts by linkownsyousobs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

FF7, 10, 9, 8, 4, 6. Haven't played the others.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:16 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'd have to take some time to think about the whole list in a proper order, but I'll say that my most favorite is probably FFIX (which I also consider to be the last great FF). And no matter how much they milked the ranchise for more than any FF game could ever be worth, FFVII-for all the traits it's come to inherit from everything that's wrong with JRPG's as a compilation-is still a good game on its own; Two of my favorite FF characters are in the game (Red XIII-possibly my all time fave FF character--and Vincent), and I won't deny that the ending simply came off as too bittersweet to not have some kind of continuation (although like I said, it's since been milked to the point that it's just a dried up husk now). And while AC's quality depends on the fan (wore off on me since I first watched it), it did influence my choice for my name on this site.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Apr 15th, 2010 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:20 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

So far, FFXIII is the worst of FFs I've played. People bitched about FFXII but that game entertained much more than FFXIII has. The only thing I like about this latest game is that the characters are more developed and that they seem to have those monster hunts from the previous games. It sucks that music is lacking and I'm not fond of the way weapons and accessories get upgraded. But I heard good things about Chapter 12 and I'm only on Chapter 11 so there might be hope left.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 05:58 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linkownsyousobs
Pravus

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
So far, FFXIII is the worst of FFs I've played. People bitched about FFXII but that game entertained much more than FFXIII has. The only thing I like about this latest game is that the characters are more developed and that they seem to have those monster hunts from the previous games. It sucks that music is lacking and I'm not fond of the way weapons and accessories get upgraded. But I heard good things about Chapter 12 and I'm only on Chapter 11 so there might be hope left.

Have you got to Gran Pulse yet?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 09:21 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I would like to point out that upgrading weapons and accessories is really only useful after you beat the game, there is no reason to do it until then.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 12:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by linkownsyousobs
Have you got to Gran Pulse yet?
The game doesn't magically improve when you reach Gran Pulse, the ability to walk around 3 or 4 oversized areas doing repetative missions doesn't drastically improve the game. People say the game opens up when you get there but it really doesn't.
Originally posted by NemeBro
I would like to point out that upgrading weapons and accessories is really only useful after you beat the game, there is no reason to do it until then.
Agreed, and that's a game flaw.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 12:56 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Not really.

You don't need them, they are pretty much their for after the game.

If you suck so much you need to upgrade your equipment before then that is not the game's fault.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 01:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Having something in the game that gets so much screen time (With every battle providing you with items for it as well as every chest.) that you don't have any real need or use for until after you've conpleted the game is a flaw. How many of your average gamers are going to continue after the credits have rolled?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 01:20 AM
NemeBro

Me.

no expression

Alot of people will do the missions after beating it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 01:31 AM
§P0oONY

A lot won't (me).

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 01:43 AM
NemeBro

Because you're a bad person.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 02:08 AM
§P0oONY

Because you're a bad person.
If you say so... I'm a person who usually likes to 100% games... I killed Penance in FFX for christ sake. A feat that pretty much requires getting 255 on all stats.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 02:11 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not really.

You don't need them, they are pretty much their for after the game.

If you suck so much you need to upgrade your equipment before then that is not the game's fault.

Strength/Magic stats the crystarium gives you is more than enough to beat the game. TBH I didn't upgrade until I beat the game to take on high-level marks, and even then I still beat them with 2nd tier weapons. Non-Upgrade weapons give you extended time for 5 *

One thing about Pulse is fact: you're going to get your ass kicked.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 02:21 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Strength/Magic stats the crystarium gives you is more than enough to beat the game. TBH I didn't upgrade until I beat the game to take on high-level marks, and even then I still beat them with 2nd tier weapons. Non-Upgrade weapons give you extended time for 5 *

One thing about Pulse is fact: you're going to get your ass kicked.

True. Damn those Behemoths, Juggernauts, and Phalanx robots.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 04:13 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Adamantoise are supposed to be dicks.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 01:28 AM