KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spectacular Spider-Man Canceled! Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon 2011 on Disney XD!

Spectacular Spider-Man Canceled! Ultimate Spider-Man Cartoon 2011 on Disney XD!
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

Any ideas?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:37 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

none that will actually work. Just B!tch about it and accept it when it comes out like the rest of us

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 09:42 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jalek moye
none that will actually work. Just B!tch about it and accept it when it comes out like the rest of us

So you're saying that we should just accept it and not do anything about it because no matter what we do, we will not succeed. Well, let me tell you a story of what happened in 2009.

Back in 2009, there came out this movie called DragonBall Evolution. It was an adaptation of the anime and manga DBZ. However, the movie did not stay true to the source material at all. The was going to be a sequel which would have ruined DBZ even more. But then...something happened.

Someone on YouTube created this channel called the "DRAGONBALLPROTEST" channel. This YouTube channel was a gathering of all the DBZ fans who came together to protest the sequel to the Dragonball Evolution movie. Everyone told them that they are going to fail and that DBE will get a sequel. But as months passed by, they got really popular. They were mentioned at L.A. Times. They were mentioned by the director and creators of DBE themselves. There was even a short article on Wikipedia about them on some point.

Everyday, members of the DBE sequel protest channel spread the word all across the world that DBE was a bad movie and that you shouldn't see it. Eventually, the movie bombed in theatres. It made little money and therefore, the sequel was canceled.

You see? It CAN be done as long as everyone works together. We can boycott this cartoon. If a YouTube channel managed to boycott a big budget movie, why can't a group of fans all other the internet boycott a simple cartoon?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2010 11:15 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the movie bombed because it sucked ass, not because of some boycott...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 01:48 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good if SSM has been cancelled...never liked it.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 05:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Agreed. Many people say that Spectacular Spider-Man is an Ultimate adaptation but I disagree. 70% of the stuff in Spectacular Spider-Man was taken from The Amazing Spider-Man. About only 30% was taken from Ultimate.

Other than Kenny and a few other characters, almost everything in SSM is adapted from the classic comics. Even stuff the show made up takes some kind of step from the classic issues.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:08 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

i know i was talking about how they claim him in highschool is unique when he already was in SSM only with less stupid shit we dotn care about.

Except that Peter being a high school student combined college AND high school in the cartoon, where it keeps the same 616 elements.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:09 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Hee's some of the brilliant dialogue from 'Ultimate Spider-Man #14". They are discussing what superhero they're going to dress up like for their school project (which already makes no sense).

Kong: Anyone gonna go as Spider-Man?

Flash: Due, you are so gay for Spider-Man. I'm gonna go as a mutant. A big, horny mutant.

Mary Jane: God...

Flash: What? Mutants don't get horny?

Kong: Dude, don't even joke about that stuff. You never know.

I shit you not. That's actual dialogue.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:16 AM
KCJ506

Has anyone at Disney actually read the Ultimate comic? How are you going to adapt that for 8-year-olds? I doubt this cartoon will have less censorship than Spectacular since it's made for kid's TV, not for DTV's, and it is on a Disney channel. Let's see what happens to the Peter/Mary Jane relationship and the make-out in the basement scenes!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 10:28 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

And seriously, what are people going to like better?

(please log in to view the image)

or

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 10:54 AM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Hee's some of the brilliant dialogue from 'Ultimate Spider-Man #14". They are discussing what superhero they're going to dress up like for their school project (which already makes no sense).

Kong: Anyone gonna go as Spider-Man?

Flash: Due, you are so gay for Spider-Man. I'm gonna go as a mutant. A big, horny mutant.

Mary Jane: God...

Flash: What? Mutants don't get horny?

Kong: Dude, don't even joke about that stuff. You never know.

I shit you not. That's actual dialogue.

LOL true. I have that book in my hands right now and it actually says that LOL.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:45 PM
spidermanrocks

I've read Ultimate Spider-Man at some length in the past and I have to say, I was really impressed. The story is well done, the art is good, I like the dialogue whenever it's not aimed at stupid teens, etc. Overall, I thought it was a great book. But I don't ever want to see it adapted as a Spider-Man cartoon or as a Spider-Man movie. Why? BECAUSE IT IS NOT SPIDER-MAN!

As just a regular series, Ultimate Spider-Man is very good. But as a Spider-Man series, it is an epic failure.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:49 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
And seriously, what are people going to like better?

or

the kids and preteens that they want to watch the show will chose the second one.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 06:49 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i will watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

What annoys me the most is the show not even being canceled because of low ratings. It's being canceled for being a faithful adaptation to the original comics. A lot of people describe SSM as "the perfect Spider-Man series". Why? Because it stays true to the comics more than any other series so far and now it will be replaced with a show that only exists to capitalize on the live-action movies.

I think I speak for most of us when I say, the anger is not so much at the prospect of an USM show, it's the simple fact we lost SSM. If it had gotten 4-5 seasons and then Marvel decided to launch the USM show, I'm sure most of us wouldn't have minded that at all because SSM would have gotten it's fair shot. But the fact that the show ended prematurely AND was tremendously critically acclaimed, is what makes this sting so bad.

USM could be a good cartoon, but it's gonna have some pretty big shoes to fill and we should have gotten at least ONE more season of SSM to tie everything up.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 10:16 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Oh no...That show was the best. It had a great theme song too.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 17th, 2010 12:48 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

man that show did not last very long. oh well, i hated it that they made Gwen into a nerd.Much as I was ahppy to see Gwen in a series,I didnt want to see her as a nerd. mad

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Mr Parker
man that show did not last very long. oh well, i hated it that they made Gwen into a nerd.Much as I was ahppy to see Gwen in a series,I didnt want to see her as a nerd. mad

I didn't see the problem. Despite what she represents, Gwen was always overshadowed by the likes of Mary Jane and Black Cat.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:13 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

the kids and preteens that they want to watch the show will chose the second one.

No, they won't.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:13 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I've read Ultimate Spider-Man at some length in the past and I have to say, I was really impressed. The story is well done, the art is good, I like the dialogue whenever it's not aimed at stupid teens, etc. Overall, I thought it was a great book. But I don't ever want to see it adapted as a Spider-Man cartoon or as a Spider-Man movie. Why? BECAUSE IT IS NOT SPIDER-MAN!

As just a regular series, Ultimate Spider-Man is very good. But as a Spider-Man series, it is an epic failure.

My god, do I disagree. Ultimate Spider-Man is a comic that tries SO hard to be current that it makes everyone look retarded. Despite what Bendis believes, not all teenagers just talk about sex and crying. And even with the percent that does, they are the very last source that should inspire a Spider-Man comic.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 05:15 PM