KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel vs Capcom 3

Marvel vs Capcom 3
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (101): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Yeah right. Puttin' Gene in this game would be The Hot Shit.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 01:47 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Gene? As in Godhand Gene? It never actually crossed my mind that he was a Capcom character. I'd recently regained respect for that game (after previously thinking of it as being a bit outdated). Gene would definitely be a selling point for me--probably as much as Okami Amaterasu.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 03:45 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustFrame

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!

Capcom is redeeming themselves in the past few years with all of this awesomeness, step aside you company makers of Tekken, GG, KoF, VF, etc, etc...the OG original Dog is back in town.

This game I will play til the cows come home, really loved it back when it first came out, played MvC2 during it's Glory Days, so I'll really be looking forward to MvC3.

I am hoping that they just improve on the MvC3 system, obviously will have new tinks in it, but I will not mind. My only notion to Capcom is that they had better improve the Capcom Cast Side so that they are more viable on the competitive side.

Outside of that, this game I have hoped, and prayed but due to the the licensing I thought it was all but over, however now, I'm happy to see that this will be a reality!

Thank You Capcom!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 04:37 AM
JustFrame is currently offline Click here to Send JustFrame a Private Message Find more posts by JustFrame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I think it's safe to say that Dante is gonna be in the game. There's a sillouette of a character with a sword on his back, who also seem to have the same hairstyle.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 04:55 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

They got Chris aiming a gun at hulk but in all seriousness what has a gun like that ever really done to hulk? All it would is just probably piss him off even more erm

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:03 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
They got Chris aiming a gun at hulk but in all seriousness what has a gun like that ever really done to hulk? All it would is just probably piss him off even more erm

You do realize how overpowered characters can be in a non-canon crossover videogame, right? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for example has Frank West who can own Ken the Eagle for God sakes. If this game were canon to both Capcom and Marvel, I would have to agree with you that that gun won't do **** on the gamma monster.

Anyways, I hope this game comes out early. Kinda like when Sucker Punch announced the release of their game, inFamous, and suddenly released it very early, due to quickly finishing it and look how well that turned out, it got 9/10 so let's hope Capcom does the same here.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:20 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I think people are missing the point of what a crossove means.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
I think people are missing the point of what a crossove means.

And what point would that be (other than two characters from a different series meeting eachother)?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ummmmmm possibly just to have fun and not take things too seriously.......which some people seem to be doing.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 07:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

The only reason MVC exists is cuz back in the day, Capcom use to make Marvel fighin' games and use to use the SFA or to be more correct Darkstalkers sprite syle to do it. Might as well make a cross over, Marvel fans and Capcom fightin fans combined=more money, Yesh!

I'm sure Marvel realized how hyper MVC2 sales were as well as the success of TVC and SFIV and decided to get in on all the cash.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Apr 21st, 2010 at 07:21 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 07:15 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

I wonder if they're making an arcade version of this? beer

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 11:44 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Many sources say that they're not planning for an arcade version. They're just focusing on the PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 12:13 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Wesker, Frank West, Phoenix Wight, Dante, Anti Venom and Jedah I want.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 02:26 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustFrame

My take on a few things I would like to see happen in Marvel vs Capcom 3...

I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.

There was alot of situations with characters like Ryu whom when pinned had absolutely no way of getting out of a situation, or getting in, because when taking to the air, they only had ONE option...Super Jump. So in my eyes, they need the F/B Airdash + DJ to be universal to help them out in this fashion.

Another thing for me also is the lack of ground game play, or little to none existent, obviously this would be hard to do in a game where everyone is jumping to the height of skyscrapers, however it would be fun to have characters who would simply make you fear being on the ground for just a few seconds or so simply because they could eat you alive for doing so.

They also need to re-tweak those "BEAM" Projectiles for certain characters...it makes single hit projectiles like Ryu's nearly obsolete. You either give more hit's for things like the Hadouken so that they can compete with the beams, either that, make it so that Beams if they hit will do multi-hit, but if Ryu shoots a Hadouken, and say Iron Man does his Uni-Beam they'll both cancel each other out right away. Not Ryu's Hadouken gets blown out and you get hit for 5-hits.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 04:38 PM
JustFrame is currently offline Click here to Send JustFrame a Private Message Find more posts by JustFrame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by JustFrame
My take on a few things I would like to see happen in Marvel vs Capcom 3...

I feel they really need to make the basic Forward/Backward Air Dash + double jump universal for each character, simply because that will help them all out in someway or manner. Obviously dash speed and distance can be different for each character, however they need to have this simply because majority of the characters who didn't have simply couldn't do anything up against characters who could do it in past Marvel vs Games.

There was alot of situations with characters like Ryu whom when pinned had absolutely no way of getting out of a situation, or getting in, because when taking to the air, they only had ONE option...Super Jump. So in my eyes, they need the F/B Airdash + DJ to be universal to help them out in this fashion.

Another thing for me also is the lack of ground game play, or little to none existent, obviously this would be hard to do in a game where everyone is jumping to the height of skyscrapers, however it would be fun to have characters who would simply make you fear being on the ground for just a few seconds or so simply because they could eat you alive for doing so.

They also need to re-tweak those "BEAM" Projectiles for certain characters...it makes single hit projectiles like Ryu's nearly obsolete. You either give more hit's for things like the Hadouken so that they can compete with the beams, either that, make it so that Beams if they hit will do multi-hit, but if Ryu shoots a Hadouken, and say Iron Man does his Uni-Beam they'll both cancel each other out right away. Not Ryu's Hadouken gets blown out and you get hit for 5-hits.

Lastly, the option for Blind Select...Please! I didn't like it at all when other people would literally sit there to wait for you to choose first so that they could choose a Counter Pick Team against yours...that's just bullsh*t.

QFT

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 04:52 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

I hope there's no Assist. I'm not fond of strikers.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 11:38 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Anybody else interested in what the storyline is gonna be like? I'm hoping we get some cutscenes or something because it would be cool to see how the Marvel and Capcom characters interact with each other.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 11:39 PM
No End N Site

I was told that they are considerin' Pyron, Galactus, Mephisto, some dude or thing from Breath Of Fire or Jedah as bosses.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:07 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Galactus would have to be multi-level high, though it would be cool.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:10 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Galactus should not be in this game because no team of Marvel or Capcom heroes I've seen in the capcom vs games can beat him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2010 12:12 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote