KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Is Heroes Getting Cancelled?

Is Heroes Getting Cancelled?
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Is Heroes Getting Cancelled?

The cheerleader may be past saving.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1089070p1.html

quote:
The cheerleader may not have been saved after all.

New York Magazine is reporting that NBC will almost certainly be cancelling Heroes, and that Season 4 was probably the last for the one-time hit series.

As New York Magazine notes, this is actually somewhat surprising because many believed NBC was going to bring the series back for a 13-episode final season. Even though the ratings had dropped dramatically in the past couple of years, for the ratings-starved NBC, Heroes still represented a series with a core fanbase of about five million -- and a potential midseason show, to plug in if needed next year.

But in an effort to rebuild, NBC has been very aggressive with their new series, already officially picking up five shows before next week's upfronts, when all the networks announce their fall schedule. There are some high profile projects on NBC's new schedule, including series from J.J. Abrams (Undercovers) and Jerry Bruckheimer (Chase). New York Magazine says NBC sees a lot of potential with these series -- more than they do with another season of Heroes.

(please log in to view the image)
- NBC
Claire Bear has no comment about Heroes' chances.

However, New York Magazine also says the network is mulling over possibly ordering a Heroes TV-Movie (possibly a two-night, four hour event) that would properly wrap up the series. Of course, as they also note, the show could still get a last minute save -- recalling how everyone was sure Dollhouse was dead this time last year, until FOX shocked the industry by renewing it right before upfronts.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:26 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I do hope it gets a final-short-season, just to get things properly wrapped-up... the idea of the 4 hours special sounds good as well

we'll see how things go in the upfronts

Old Post May 13th, 2010 04:29 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

sadly Heroes has been canceled...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=66025

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 14th, 2010 11:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

BOOOO!!!!! HISS!!! BAH!!!! Why can they cancel so lame and boring...like The Simpsons?

What a pity.

Old Post May 15th, 2010 12:14 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
BOOOO!!!!! HISS!!! BAH!!!! Why can they cancel so lame and boring...like The Simpsons?

What a pity.

can't*

something*

Old Post May 15th, 2010 12:31 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Just saw the article. What a steaming pile of .

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 15th, 2010 12:34 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Heroes cancelled

NBC Cancels Once-Mighty Heroes
By Natalie Abrams
Fri May 14, 3:19 PM PDT

After four seasons on NBC, Heroes has been canceled, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Fall 2010 TV Scorecard: Which shows are returning? Which aren't?

The super-series averaged less than 5 million viewers in its latest season. The network had considered giving the Tim Kring-produced drama a few more episodes to wrap up storylines, but the cost of the show and NBC's expanding fall slate led to Heroes' cancelation.

http://tv.yahoo.com/heroes/show/394...cemighty-heroes

wow. i lost interest during the middle of season 2. it was just too slow paced and frustrating for me. the show had promise at first, season 1 was the best season, but it was just way to commercial and dramatic and soapish. there should've been more action. way more action. we get it kring, even though they're superheroes the have flaws and are as imperfect as humans are but you overdid it with that concept. good luck. and make some thing with lasting value the next time, if you come around again.

peace.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 15th, 2010 12:50 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by LanceWindu
can't*

something*

laughing

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
sadly Heroes has been canceled...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=66025

I would have really liked a miniseries to wrap things up nicely... it's a shame really...

R.I.P. Heroes sad

Last edited by S_D_J on May 15th, 2010 at 03:48 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2010 03:46 AM
pgdarth95

:[

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post May 15th, 2010 06:46 PM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Doesn't surprise me. The last couple seasons blew ass.

Old Post May 15th, 2010 07:23 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

They needed to grow a pair and actually do something and stick with it. And not like in season 3 when they did do tons of shit but seemed to only do shit just to do shit and then completely undo it for no good reason or even worse completely ignore it later.

The first season was incredible and very well thought out. I'm guessing that was probably a large part of the reason the rest of the series didn't compare to the first. They had to many writers that didn't create the show with very little time to prepare and plan out like in the original season. They should've made Peter do more with his powers, ALLOT more and let go of the wanting to make Sylar a good guy wish. Just use him as the monster anti Peter he worked best as. Also they shoulda actually had atleast one of the disasters that was foreseen come to pass, my pick woulda been the plague but New York still coming to blow up later by a different method could have worked too if they'd done it right. Either 5 years gone should have ended up happening anyway or the heroes should have still became the darker versions of themselves they'd been foreseen as. Save Matt perhaps, I could have definitely seen him going a different route wanting to make a better world for his family and becoming the third to Peter and Hiro's trio

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 16th, 2010 07:40 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

it seems a proper ending it's still possible

NBC Comments On Possible Heroes TV-Movie Wrap Up
Network talks about ending the series and what may follow.

quote:
We now know Heroes is over and that the show will not be returning next season – but there has been continuing talk about a possible wrap up story for the series, comprised of a TV-Movie or two night, four hour event.

During a conference call today, I asked NBC's Angela Bromstad about the decision to end the series and she replied that after conversations with series creator Tim Kring, "We felt we had satisfied the viewers desire in terms of the show and the length of its run."

However, Bromstad did confirm that conversations with Kring are currently underway about a conclusion -- though she specifically said it would be a two-hour TV-Movie, seemingly squashing the possibility of it being done over two nights/four hours.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 03:47 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Just make a ****ing hour long fight between Sylar and Peter that people have been waiting for since season 1

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 18th, 2010 12:58 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimsonphoenix
Officially Unofficial

I believe they put it on the wrong network. It should have been on Sci-fi. I still think they should go ahead and run it on there. See how things go then decide to cancel it if it doesnt do well. I really liked the show. Yeah it went down hill but i still enjoyed it. I still want to see the Sylar and Peter fight.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 11:49 PM
crimsonphoenix is currently offline Click here to Send crimsonphoenix a Private Message Find more posts by crimsonphoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I loved the first season too and feel that the accusations levelled at it's post-premier season trajectory were accurate.

They came out swinging then they resolved the most interesting mysteries and scenarios and replaced them with more self indulgant, but low entertainment yield plots that were overcomplicated, depthless repetitive and uninteresting.
I finished up a couple of episodes after the the fun-trying-to-outsmart-the-precog in the desert bit.

Not slagging it off though, it was kinda alright after series one, but it was around during LOST, BSG and other shows which are true classics
and suffered by comparison.

Still it has its fans, and its a series that needs a resolution for the fans who have stuck with it for four years of their lives.. And I hope they are rewarded with a good one.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 21st, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2010 11:38 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
I believe they put it on the wrong network. It should have been on Sci-fi. I still think they should go ahead and run it on there. See how things go then decide to cancel it if it doesnt do well. I really liked the show. Yeah it went down hill but i still enjoyed it. I still want to see the Sylar and Peter fight.

And how would Sci Fi be able to front the cash for the show? It wouldn't of been the same show, but much worst.

I never got into this series. I couldn't stand the characters. They were all, absolutely annoying to me. It drove me mad and it tried to be like Lost but failed.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 05:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dev10n
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hated Sylar took an ass of other heroes powers but they never were exploited or shown... just nothing... its like yea i take powers to satisfy my hunger lol and he tried to date the claire WTF What the f**k? erm

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 01:12 AM
dev10n is currently offline Click here to Send dev10n a Private Message Find more posts by dev10n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

I really liked Heroes, but I think they struggled to come up with a villain as likeable and formidable as Sylar, in the end it got repetitive and the last couple of seasons were quite poor; New characters not used enough, or just getting outright killed off. It seemed like the writers were only thinking 1 or 2 episodes ahead so the characters never got the chance to develop properly.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 04:48 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Well, Sylar turning good and bad again over 9000 times didn't help this show.

As far as I know Heroes is ended, no last episode/TV movie tying up the series will happen. I think that's pretty stupid move since they can kiss making $ from DVDs goodbye.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 11:24 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

An animated series maybe? Or some animated stand-alone movies like D.C. have been doing?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2010 01:59 PM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote