KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Balder vs. Wolverine

Balder vs. Wolverine
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
You're not the only one. sad At least here at KMC we can just ignore crossovers completely wink

That cross over is canon in DC. It's been referenced in continuity. evil face

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 07:43 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ You compared the relevancy of mentioning Balder's light powers to the relevancy of mentioning Wolverine climbing out of a molten steel vat.

You essentially equated the two such that, if anybody brought up Balder's light powers as an additional reason he would have an advantage over an opponent... it was about as dumb as somebody else bringing up Wolverine climbing out of a molten steel vat as an additional reason why he would have an advantage over an opponent.

Irregardless of your protestations to the contrary, it's still what you're doing after waffling back and forth over it. It's still the same stupid. Get over the fact I threw it back in your face.

Not "about as dumb". More like about as relivent when you're discussing the majority. Balder is not going to be whipping his lightpowers out for the majority here unless he starts getting consistently written at another level. That's the bare bones of the matter. You're trying to make Balder out to be something he isn't (which of course makes sense as he IS fighting wolverine afterall).

You trying to capitalize on tactics that characters wouldn't use for the majority is the norm, it's clearly nothing new here. I was adressing the stupidity of such conduct. The only thing you threw at my face (like asgardian pie no less) was your own presumtive nature and strawmans.... I'd love to get over it but it seems that's all you're good for around here... meh.. at least we got you to expose yourself on your own hypocritical nature once more. fun times eh?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 07:48 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
That cross over is canon in DC. It's been referenced in continuity. evil face
I don't wanna talk about it!

And...... i know. sad

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 07:49 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm still waiting for the examples that at make someone think Balder's light powers will put Wolverine down for the count...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 07:54 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Not "about as dumb". More like about as relivent when you're discussing the majority. Balder is not going to be whipping his lightpowers out for the majority here unless he starts getting consistently written at another level. That's the bare bones of the matter. You're trying to make Balder out to be something he isn't (which of course makes sense as he IS fighting wolverine afterall).

You trying to capitalize on tactics that characters wouldn't use for the majority is the norm, it's clearly nothing new here. I was adressing the stupidity of such conduct. The only thing you threw at my face (like asgardian pie no less) was your own presumtive nature and strawmans.... I'd love to get over it but it seems that's all you're good for around here... meh.. at least we got you to expose yourself on your own hypocritical nature once more. fun times eh?
Nobody said Balder was winning the majority based on his light powers alone. Nobody has said that Balder comes in blasting every single seconde of every single fight. So either you're making a stupid argument OR you're misinterpreting people to hastily argue with nobody. And still making post-facto qualifications to cover up after yourself.

Get over yourself. It's not my fault you made that phail argument, "Balder winning because of light powers is as unreasonable as Wolverine winning because he climbed out of a molten steel vat is." I'll throw it back at you as many times as you want to excuse its mere utterance OR present it to us as being a cogent argument.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on May 23rd, 2010 at 07:58 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 07:55 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm still waiting for the examples that at make someone think Balder's light powers will put Wolverine down for the count...

Nobody?

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 08:02 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Nobody?

Balder the Brave miniseries. I think it was #4. I have Marvel digital comics subscription, but I don't know how to copy a screen cap from the program. He punked some rock/frost giants including a boss giant called Utgard Loki. Burnt their a$$es and almost melted his whole castle down. He even atomized a magic dust that Utgard Loki threw at him that turns people to stone. He then proceeded to melt the whole castle down. The panels show a bunch of giants screaming and one of them started shouting for mercy. "Balder. Forebear! The heat is more than we can stand! Mercy!" Remember these aren't regular schmucks. These are Jotunheim giants. They are about 20x Balder's size on panel.

Yeah. Wolvie's dead meat.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 12:53 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nobody said Balder was winning the majority based on his light powers alone. Nobody has said that Balder comes in blasting every single seconde of every single fight. So either you're making a stupid argument OR you're misinterpreting people to hastily argue with nobody. And still making post-facto qualifications to cover up after yourself.

Get over yourself. It's not my fault you made that phail argument, "Balder winning because of light powers is as unreasonable as Wolverine winning because he climbed out of a molten steel vat is." I'll throw it back at you as many times as you want to excuse its mere utterance OR present it to us as being a cogent argument.

And no one said you did. confused
My original response was not focused on light powers alone, it's just the part you chose to nut-jump in some vein attempt to strawman.

Again, I wasn't talking reason nor realism, those are your strawmen. I was talking likelyhood, as I've been since the beginning, nothing post-facto about it.

And it's nowhere near as "phail" an argument as Thor two shotting Wolverine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 12:59 PM
Deadline

And no one said you did. confused

You just can't win. If you don't nitpick and distort the truth you just blantantly lie.

Not "about as dumb". More like about as relivent when you're discussing the majority. Balder is not going to be whipping his lightpowers out for the majority here unless he starts getting consistently written at another level. That's the bare bones of the matter.

You trying to capitalize on tactics that characters wouldn't use for the majority is the norm, it's clearly nothing new here.

Disgraceful.

Last edited by Deadline on May 23rd, 2010 at 01:29 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

we use the norm attacks and likelihood of a character using a certain attack for reasons why they win consistently...

saying balder will omni blast sun lvl energy ftw 10/10 or anywhere near the high majority is disingenuous on the person's part..

if he were out of character i would agree that balder wins due to his energy blast if it is as strong as ppl think it is.. but since he is in character the likelihood of him employing such an attack is rare and barely makes it to 1 or 2 out of 10 likely chance to use said attack..

also balder happens to be a melee warrior whose likely form of attack and consistent is to attack using his sword against another weapon wielding opponent..

Last edited by Dark Riddick on May 23rd, 2010 at 01:40 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:35 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Tbf, he did remember that he has those light powers in Siege. But yeah, I don't see him omni blasting the shit out of everything.

In the comic books I could see him disregarding Wolverine as a threat and going h2h with him.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tbf, he did remember that he has those light powers in Siege. But yeah, I don't see him omni blasting the shit out of everything.
tbf?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:44 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i love how ppl always ignore the characters personality in favor for why he wins... Thor vs superman..

thor walks up and omniblast supes b4 he can react from his body then from his hammer and finishes off supes in seconds...

can thor do that? yes.. will he? f$#@$ no... not unless he is bloodlusted and just went ten rounds with surtur..

Supes flies at ftl speed and punches so hard he rips their head off.. is it possible? yes.. would he ever do that f#@$ no!! not on a single living being.. he would have had to have lost his wife, mother and friends all in one stroke and felt betrayed by humanity to even reach that lvl of hate and anger.. not even kingdom come supes ever did that sh#@

Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Starscream M
tbf?

to be fair

StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Deadline
You just can't win. If you don't nitpick and distort the truth you just blantantly lie.

Disgraceful.

Hey there Alf... nice to see you evading context yet again... please... go read a book... If you can I mean.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 02:17 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
we use the norm attacks and likelihood of a character using a certain attack for reasons why they win consistently...

saying balder will omni blast sun lvl energy ftw 10/10 or anywhere near the high majority is disingenuous on the person's part..

if he were out of character i would agree that balder wins due to his energy blast if it is as strong as ppl think it is.. but since he is in character the likelihood of him employing such an attack is rare and barely makes it to 1 or 2 out of 10 likely chance to use said attack..

also balder happens to be a melee warrior whose likely form of attack and consistent is to attack using his sword against another weapon wielding opponent..

Is that post for me? If it is you're strawmanning.

Hey there Alf... nice to see you evading context yet again... please... go read a book... If you can I mean.

To be quite honest im not even sure you got the point I was making, based on WS's post.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:27 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

seriously deadline?

tell me how do you see balder winning what attack do you think will take down logan?.. pls use reference attack that balder has on panel..

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:36 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
seriously deadline?

tell me how do you see balder winning what attack do you think will take down logan?.. pls use reference attack that balder has on panel..

*sigh* You completely missed the point I was making. Im not arguing he will use that attack (the light) im accusing jinzin of accusing DumbGo for making that argument. Jinzin says he didn't, he did.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 05:45 PM
jinzin

What the f**k?

We're discussing a fight between Wolverine and Balder... the majority is inclusive of that conversation.

I never addressed ODG as though his argument was exclusive to Balders light based abilities, that's just the discussion we're involved around NOW because it's the only part of the discussion he continued to address.

Show me one page where I've summerized his argument into "light based powers alone".... you won't find it cause it's not to be found. But since we ARE talking about a fight, the majority of wins in that fight and light based powers being one of the reasons he gives Balder the majority then yes, THAT needs to be addressed.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:22 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
One thing is for sure though - Asian martial arts are far superior to any other in the Marvel U. Just ask Chi, Fist, Wolverine, Ogun, Stick, Elektra, DareDevil, Karnak, Mandrin, etc...the list goes on

No one can chi-amp because they learned viking martial arts now..

As far as the swords go - they were folded steel over two hundred times - on fight science they were described as the best weapon. They are also still made today and are sharp as hell. Also, as I mentioned above, it took guns to conquer the Japs. While this isn't "scientific" evidence, it makes a pretty good case.

You get to chi-amp when you learn how to chi-amp. I don't think it comes with a specific martial art.

Also, they didn't fold their swords that much. And they refined their smithing techniques so much because they had very small amounts of quality ore. Europe had it everywhere so they did whatever.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 06:38 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote