KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Deathstroke The Terminator(Slade Wilson)

Respect Deathstroke The Terminator(Slade Wilson)
Started by: namorsubby

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
namorsubby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deadline
I've seen that, obvoulsy though Superman wasn't trying his hardest and was underestimating him. Were not surely suggesting that DS can really dodge Superman and is too fast for him?

*sigh* I simply post the feats I deem impressive.

Any discussion of the validity of feats usually ends up ruining respect threads somewhat(at least for me). I don't want to see this one chalk full of lengthy, heated arguments concerning whether one of the posted feats are or are not PIS,CIS,etc. I'd like it if we could leave any speculation concerning any of the feats out of respect threads.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 08:46 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Deadline
I've seen that, obvoulsy though Superman wasn't trying his hardest and was underestimating him. Were not surely suggesting that DS can really dodge Superman and is too fast for him?

So what? Still an insane feat.

Keep up the good work Namor.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 08:52 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by namorsubby

[i]Superman V2 #68
:

Slade takes out a group of operatives, dodging gunfire and withstanding a car crash.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Brilliant respect thread. Deathstroke is an amazing character. I like how even though he's a villain, he still has a sense of honour and his own morals.

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that's Maggie Sawyer (the woman who keeps telling the cops to hold fire and who causes Slade's vehicle to crash). If so, it's awesome that Slade has respect for her.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Jun 13th, 2010 at 02:21 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 02:18 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great respect thread.. I have always been a fan of Slade

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 03:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Birds of Prey #45:

Kills a freakin' dinosaur with one shot from what looks like some type of semi-automatic rifle
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Nightwing V2 #80

Grayson says a few words about Slade. He's just come into town and grayson intially decides he'll need backup......but then decides he'll face him himself(bad mistake).
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...troke91/b04.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...troke91/b05.jpg

Nightwing #81:

Deathstroke Vs. Cassandra Cain, Round 1.

Since Slade hospitalizes Grayson with a bullet woound, we'll have to wait for their next altercation, but Deathstroke does come across Cassie while NW's recovering in his hosptal room. Slade's basically filling her out, and Cassie does seem able to read him well in their first match, unlike their future meetings.He complements her, saying "you're good". Nonetheless, Slade gets Cassie to back off, one way or another.lol
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 10:27 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Nightwing V2 #82:

Deathstroke Vs. Nightwing, Round 5.

Another fight with an elite street-leveler while he's attempting to do a job.Evades Grayson's attack from behind, then puts him down with a kick. Floors him again with a backfist, evades another attack, and then overpowers and slams him against a wall when he tries to grapple with him. Then he jumps off a freakin building, landing on his feet, damaging the concrete below, unhurt. Grayson gets in his way again, and this time he punches him out. Grayson knows he can't take Slade in close combat, and says that fighting slade is all about "distance and evasion"
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Grayson gets up and keeps following him, and attacks him again. after being kicked, slade grabs him with one hand in mid-air and slams him into a wall. Turns out Grayson figures the only way to stop Slade is to pay him to leave.lol

Teen Titans V3 #2:

The infamous knee-capping of Kid Flash.lol

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 13th, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 11:19 PM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 16th, 2010 11:28 PM
namorsubby

Teen Titans V3 #4/#5:

Deathstroke(possessed by Jericho) Vs Titans(Superboy, Wondergirl, Robin, Kid Flash)

Scatters them with explosives, owns robin and almost kills him, but Kid Flash grabs his bullet, diaasembles his gun, and blitzes him. Slade again is able to get the best of the blitzing flash though.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Slade is beaten, but takes alot of punishment.

Ground pounded by Conner Kent
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...91/TTV3-5-4.jpg

Lassoed, swung through a building, and electrified by Wondergirl
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...91/TTV3-5-5.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...91/TTV3-5-6.jpg

Retains consciousness until Jericho leaves his body
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...91/TTV3-5-7.jpg

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 17th, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 12:30 AM
namorsubby

Identity Crisis #2/3:

Great showing for Slade

Deathstroke Vs. JLA(prep)

Floors Elongated Man, Flash, Zattana, Hawkman, sabotages Green Arrows Weaponry, floors Black Canary, Detects and neutralizes The Atom(who considers him the world's greatest tactician), breaks Kyle Rayner's hand, nuetralizing his ring somehow. During the struggle GA jumps up and stabs his good eye out, then the entire roster is struggling to subdue him with force. He escapes with the help of Doctor Light.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 03:45 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 03:47 AM
namorsubby

Outsiders V3 #21/22:

Deathstroke(disguised as Batman) Vs. Roy Harper

Complete. Effortless. Ownage. Slade evades all his blows, except for when he purposely takes his blows(which don't seem to affect him at all). He floors him a total of three times, and let's him live because of his scars, which I guess Slade sees as a warrior's pain.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 05:25 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 17th, 2010 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 05:27 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 17th, 2010 06:22 PM
namorsubby

Batgirl V2 #64:

Batgirl acknowledges Slade as faster, among other things. Just included this because some seem to think that some peak human street levelers can match or even exceed his speed. Cassie, being a bullet timer, is the among the best of the best in the peak human speed category, but even she isn't foolish enough to think she is faster than a true metahuman.
(please log in to view the image)

Nightwing #112:

Deathstroke Vs. Nightwing, Round 6.

Just a slight scrimmage. Slade easily comes out on top, as he most often does.

Villains United #6:

Shoots Cheshire. He says it's because they don't accept traitors in the society, but I'm better sure it's payback for her having him unwittingly involved in the destruction of an entire country.
(please log in to view the image)

Deathstroke Vs. Deadshot, Round 2.

Slade pretty much comes out on top(which, in a quickdraw with Lawton, is saying a lot), but technically a stalemate I guess.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Jun 18th, 2010 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 12:56 AM
namorsubby

Birds of Prey #90:

Deathstroke Vs. Black Canary, Huntress, Creote, and Lady Blackhawk.

BC and Huntress are obviously no match for him, and Slade just wants to finish a job. He's lenient, but they won't budge, so he snaps BC's arm. Through a series of others coming to the rescue though, these Birds of Prey eventually get the win.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Green Arrow V3 #62

Deathstroke Vs Green Arrow.

Instead of killing him straight up, Slade plans to do so in a way that ruins his rep. Bad mistake, Green Arrow has prepped for him with body armor, set Bombs, adhesive grapples that pop out of nowhere, reinforced walls, 10 inches of adhesive, and the national guard.lol

Even so, Slade still shrugs off the direct blast of a bomb that encased him in the wall, and an arrow. He also cuts a few of GA's arrows in half, including splitting one down the middle, and manages to do well in a sword fight with him while glued to the floor.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 01:05 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 01:06 AM
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 01:09 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by namorsubby

Green Arrow V3 #62

Deathstroke Vs Green Arrow.

Instead of killing him straight up, Slade plans to do so in a way that ruins his rep. Bad mistake, Green Arrow has prepped for him with body armor, set Bombs, adhesive grapples that pop out of nowhere, reinforced walls, 10 inches of adhesive, and the national guard.lol

Even so, Slade still shrugs off the direct blast of a bomb that encased him in the wall, and an arrow. He also cuts a few of GA's arrows in half, including splitting one down the middle, and manages to do well in a sword fight with him while glued to the floor.

Seems pretty out of character for Slade, at least IMO.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 01:09 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah...Slade's character has been misused by DC for a while now. I never really like how he was portrayed outside of Wolfman's run of Teen Titans or his ongoing. He's still a badass, though, but I preferred Slade as a anti-hero with heavy shades of gray than an a-typical villain.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2010 02:24 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Teen Titans V3 #44:

Deathstroke Vs. Ravager and Jericho

Jericho is probably more superhuman in physical aspects than Slade, and Ravager has precog and has improved to the point where she can contend well with Batgirl(Cassie), but there still just his children.
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...stroke91/03.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/09-2.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...oke91/10-11.jpg

Slade is stabbed through the torso from behind by his son while attending to Robin, but still stands and is able to fend him off
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/14-1.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/...roke91/19-1.jpg

Teen Titans V3 #46:

Deathstroke Vs. Nightwing, Jericho, Ravager, Donna Troy, and Batgirl

Slade is just plain working them over. He says " I can do this all day". Eventually several more Titans, including Cyborg, Flash, Wonder Girl, Miss Martain and Raven come to the rescue, but he still gets the best of them, easily dodging an enraged Batgirl and then scrambling them using Cyborg's sonic attack.

Basically, Slade Wilson is a Beast.lol

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2010 12:43 AM