KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

So like, this took a turn for the less interesting.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 10:28 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

How so?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 04:07 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well, no one's talked about it for like a week.

I haven't seen the last two episodes myself; I'm at work when it airs.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 09:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Last episode was actually good. Not sure if u followed the comics.This last episode added stuff that wasnt in the comic. The last few minutes were intense as the first real casualties happened. Theres only two episodes left in the season.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 04:37 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
So like, this took a turn for the less interesting.

It's not as good as I hoped for going off the preview and what I initially read. But it's good and I do look forward to Season 2, which will have more than this season's piddle 6.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 12:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I went out and read the comic, just for shits and giggles.

A problem that I see the show running into is that... the comic at least is very slow. You've got monotony and nothingness for 50 pages, and then "wham!" Someone gets bit or dies, there's a mass of zombies everywhere, they all get killed and someone dies. Then it's back to the monotony again.

Also, the fact that [spoiler]damn every character ends up dying horribly at some point makes it hard for this to appeal to the average movie watcher. What's going to happen a lot is that people are going to think that a character has been established and will be there for the duration, and then they'll invest a little in that character, and then he will suddenly die for like, no reason at all.

So, yeah. Dunno what's gonna happen with that.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 03:34 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Holy crap, the last episode I saw had John Murphy.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:11 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

whos that?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 01:32 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I gotta say that I have enjoyed the series,but I wonder how long it will last.
I mean even with all the touted and praise for it being a Character Driven show with lots of soap opera type drama in it.
At its heart its still just a Zombie Movie.
And there isn't really a whole lot that you can do with that that hasn't already been done,and done to a level of death that even a zombie wont' rise up from.

Yes. The show has pretty deep characters in it. But they are still just characters in a zombie movie.

I give the show 3 seasons at the most.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 05:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It isn't really a zombie movie. It's more of a movie with zombies in it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 06:07 PM
Flyattractor

It isn't really a zombie movie. It's more of a movie with zombies in it.
semantics.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 07:04 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

No, it's not semantics at all. There's a world of difference between the former and the latter.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 10:56 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Placidity
whos that?

He did some music for the movie Sunshine and 28 Days Later.

I believe this song was in the last episode of Walking Dead. The part where they all start driving.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:05 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Oh yea... I remember that. I thought they should've saved that song for a more epic scene though.

Was also used in Kickass btw.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:31 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No, it's not semantics at all. There's a world of difference between the former and the latter.
Care to enlighten us as to how so?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 11:41 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Placidity
Was also used in Kickass btw.

Yeah, forgot to mention that. I loved how it was used in kick ass. Both of his songs.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 12:11 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Season Finale was good enough. The doc's character was meh though, he was so adamant about his belief and then was "ah, ok, here you go'.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

the show's been renewed for 13 more episodes.

looking forward to it. wonder what they'll do now, as a goal meaning.

they'll probably find some military base and camp, meet a doc/s there, he'llshe'll find a topical cure that can be absorbed through the skin and spread it via a few recovered crop duster airplanes from a few nearby farms that were flown in by former air force pilots from that base. gather the cured, have them help with cure reproduction and distribution and recreate civilization by spreading the spray, and curing the rest of the damned in the way you'd aim and spray mace. the rest are burned to a cinder and in no time we're back to drinking beer, hittin' on our cousins and being late for work.

i give the show a 8/10. cgi looked too conspicuous in some scenes, especially in panoramic shots.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 09:59 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I've not read the comic, but I don't think there's a cure once you're a zombie and dead/rotting.

P.S. I've never hit on my cousins, ya perv.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 12:13 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I gotta say that I have enjoyed the series,but I wonder how long it will last.
I mean even with all the touted and praise for it being a Character Driven show with lots of soap opera type drama in it.
At its heart its still just a Zombie Movie.
And there isn't really a whole lot that you can do with that that hasn't already been done,and done to a level of death that even a zombie wont' rise up from.

Yes. The show has pretty deep characters in it. But they are still just characters in a zombie movie.

I give the show 3 seasons at the most.
There is one thing that can be done. They can give a zombie movie/story a legit ending of some kind. Like eventually getting things back to normal or something along those lines.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 02:06 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote