KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Swap Dodge & Weave out for Assault, please.

Xeth strikes as Tilulla closes in by using her momentum against her, flipping her over his back with his feet and jolting her with the pike.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 08:57 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Carrying on with the fight, Xeth wins initiative for the first time. And he's decided not to play nice. He makes his attack on Ti a bit of a doozy- he taps Power Attack to get extra dice and Assault to give him re-rolls on failed dice. Ti can at least be glad that she's fighting it with a D&W tap, cutting Xeth down to 6 dice.

He rolls three 5s and three failures... then re-rolls the failures to show three 6s. This means that he hits Tilulla for 11 damage... or would if she wasn't working with 5 points of Armor from her tap too. She takes 6 damage only.

Tapping Power Attack against Tilulla means she takes Knockback and loses her action for the turn. Still, good defensive play by the newcomer.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 5

Practice Room

Xeth (C8): 3/18 [DU PA AS] [WS DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C8): 1/29 [FT FB DW] [WS TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 09:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The man lifts his head as you enter the room, Vera. He has a hardened face and cold eyes- the look of a killer. He has the scars to show it, too; a nasty cut across one cheek, an old wound. There is another wound on his face, this one fresher- a blaster burn.

"Horus Navir," the man introduces himself. "Gralus told me you were being brought in."

"Our friend here has gotten himself into some trouble that we think you can help him out of," Gralus explains.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 09:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Oooh, you can tap more than 1 at a time. This is good, I'm picking something up pretty much every turn.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 05:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That you can! You can tap all three if you really feel like it. But you can only refresh two at a time, when the Refresh comes.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 06:49 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Alright, I swap Dodge & Weave for Whirling Strike.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2010 10:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth will swap Power Attack for Whirling Strike himself, meeting Tilulla blow for blow with his electro-staff, trying to catch her sword with the shaft of his weapon.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Xeth asks.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 07:57 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

4 for Tilulla and 5 for Xeth, meaning the bug takes it. He hits with three successes for 6 damage on Tilulla, less now that he is no longer running Power Attack. However, he then taps Whirling Strike! After Xeth lands a few blows, he suddenly flips back and away from Tilulla before she can land her attack.

Tilulla will have to spend her action moving in instead of attacking, but her schticks go untapped.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 6

Practice Room

Xeth (C8): 3/18 [DU WS AS] [WS DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 1/35 [FT FB WS] [DW TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Still no sign of a Refresh, and Xeth has developed a fair lead by tapping... pretty much everything in his inventory.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 08:06 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

God damnit. I was planning to do the same thing to Xeth next turn.

Um, I'd like to not move this turn to attack. Can I do that? Make him come to me and waste a turn while we wait for a refresh card.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 10:36 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth is not so keen to wait as Tilulla. When he sees that his opponent might be hesitating, he takes the opportunity to toss his electro-staff aside and use Pull to tug his sonic blaster to him from the weapons rack.

"Not every opponent will be so honorable as a Jedi Knight," Xeth says as his sonic blaster whines as the charge builds. "Allow me to demonstrate."

Swap Whirling Strike out for Close Quarters Gunman.

(Also, fun little tip... you'd actually be at an advantage right now because Xeth has so much stuff tapped out. Just something to consider. Especially because I'm pulling a cheap shot move, which takes my turn, so I can't fight back.)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 06:20 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin is concerned by the man's burns.

"How can I be of service, Horus?" she asks, seating herself opposite him. She looks very small in the chair designed for the humans of Taloraan. "It must be something dire for you to have sustained a burn like the one on your face."

Nice trick.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 08:59 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I will give Digi a chance to respond to Xeth's sudden change of tactics.

-

"It is," Horus says gravely. "I'm a wanted man, Master Jedi. Marked by the very people who employed me. I come to you hoping that I can be protected, and I do not do so lightly. I'm a trained soldier, I should not need protecting."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 09:09 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Xeth is not so keen to wait as Tilulla. When he sees that his opponent might be hesitating, he takes the opportunity to toss his electro-staff aside and use Pull to tug his sonic blaster to him from the weapons rack.

"Not every opponent will be so honorable as a Jedi Knight," Xeth says as his sonic blaster whines as the charge builds. "Allow me to demonstrate."

Swap Whirling Strike out for Close Quarters Gunman.

(Also, fun little tip... you'd actually be at an advantage right now because Xeth has so much stuff tapped out. Just something to consider. Especially because I'm pulling a cheap shot move, which takes my turn, so I can't fight back.)

Well thanks. I was aware that I'm at an advantage currently, and planned on using it. But I'm so far down that it may not matter. But my early game tactics would have changed with what I know now, so I hope it means I'm learning. Either that, or I just have different mistakes to look forward to.

embarrasment

Un momento while I figure out what's going on. I'll talk to Rexx in an hour or so.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2010 07:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Ti's eyes have narrowed by this point, and frustration is evident on her face. "Not my best fight. You're good," she says darkly, and charges in once again.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 04:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Tilulla gets Initiative and goes after Xeth! She makes use of a Feint tap; however, I am ruling that Focused Blow goes untapped, as it has no added effect against Xeth, who has no Armor or Parry rating. She rolls seven dice and gets Xeth for 7 damage.

Xeth opens fire! He has a dice pool of eleven for this and hits Tilulla with six success for 9 damage.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 7

Practice Room

Xeth (G12): 3(CC)/25 [DU CG AS] [WS PA DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 1/44 [FT FB WS] [DW TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

And... the Refresh shows up!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 09:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh, ok, I tapped Focused Blow mostly to figure out what it actually does. Thanks for the concession.

So with the refresh I can reactivate 2 powers that I had previously tapped, right?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 10:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes. That, and only if they are swapped out (in the brackets to the right).

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 08:18 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

K, I swap in Dodge & Weave and Assault from the refresh.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 11:48 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

You can only do one at a time, Digi. wink What are you swapping out for whatever you decide to swap in?

Xeth will refresh Power Attack and Feint. Swap out Assault for Feint.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 07:43 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Weak. Ok, I refresh those listed above and I swap in D&W for Feint. Rexx, my latest PM still stands.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 06:22 PM