KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Dresden Files

The Dresden Files
Started by: Lincoln Rhyme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
One example of the above mentioned idiots
https://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/...sex-object.html

I mean, they seemed to have read the books with an agenda in mind. Harry has NEVER described Murphy sexually except in a dream. Molly is crushing hard on him and is constantly shown to be displaying herself to him so he notices and feels guilty every time. Elaine, Luccio and Susan are his girlfriends or exes he used to be quite intimate with, so of course he isvgoingbto notice.

This kind of thing mostly flies under the radar for me, to be honest. Because it's worth remembering that these voices might be loud, but they're often a very small minority. It's just that the vast majority of people who don't have an issue with it are unlikely to go writing essays or articles about how they don't find something offensive. But you will always get those professional victims who make a living out of acting outraged about things.

Because it goes in both directions, depending on the content. I remember some guys were crying about Mad Max: Fury Road simply because they made Furiosa a better shot than Max lol. And, yes, in that instance they were specifically complaining about the sniping scene.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 11:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Him losing everything again would be kind of silly IMO, as the "Harry is always poor" meme is a bit stale by now as far as I'm concerned.

And, in my experience, the loudest and most obnoxious critics tend to be ones who have the least understanding of the content in question. Anyone who actually reads the novels properly can tell Harry's reaction to women is due to his extremely screwed up upbringing and the resulting mental trauma he suffered. And we even see some of the female characters scope out the guys (like Molly with Carlos) when stories are written from their POV. But that kind of obnoxious ignorance doesn't just count for The Dresden Files. It often tends to be that way in general.

And the fridging criticism is especially stupid. Characters like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thomas get that kind of treatment all the time.

Harry is now in "take no shit" mode. After all he did, even Carlos turns on him. He should threaten them with the eye as much as possible if they try to f*ck with him.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 11:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
Harry is now in "take no shit" mode. After all he did, even Carlos turns on him. He should threaten them with the eye as much as possible if they try to f*ck with him.

Well, when even Michael is pushed to go all sailor-mouthed you know whoever it is was seriously out of line.

But the White Council have always been pretty radical in their approach to things. I mean they were going to decapitate a 16-year-old Harry for pretty much defending himself (and would have if not for McCoy stepping up), irrespective of the fact that Justin had kept Harry completely in the dark about the entirety of the rest of the magical community, including the White Council's laws. Then had the biggest dickhead among the Wardens pretty much harass him for the next decade of his life, looking for any excuse to finish the sentence.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 20th, 2020 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 07:03 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thr...versity.727060/

Got another one like above. I mean, diversity is nice, but if a dude needs diversity to enjoy a fictional work, he's a strawman fanatic

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2020 04:47 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

And yet another. These idiots atleast admit they aren't so well versed in the lore

https://jagarrett.wordpress.com/201...-dresden-files/

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Dec 8th, 2020 05:58 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's really odd to me they call it sexist because it really always seems Harry is some woman's b*tch lol. Whether it is Lea or Mab.

Maeve was a sex object, that is true. Lea and Mab are not, though yes they are described as beautiful too. All of the humanoid fae are said to have perfect features.

Murphy has saved Dresden more times than I can count.

So talk about selective memory.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 04:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote