KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Top 10 Wizards of All Time

Top 10 Wizards of All Time
Started by: Zack Skywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
laughing out loud Another argument based on you strawmanning, so ignoring. laughing out loud

-

Incorrect, everything I said about the fight can be seen in the fight. Dumbledore was on the defensive cos he had Harry to worry about, besides himself. Voldermort made his "own shit" face and fled.

LoL, the wand crying game again. You just don't get your own favorite franchise. Dumbledore fought and defeated Grindelwald and took control of the elder wand; this makes him a badass in it's own right. Dumbledore also limits himself with the use of the elder wand, ie not killing with it.

The vid > what you want to believe cos Voldermort is your favorite.
That's completely incorrect. It was two wizards against one and Voldemort still stayed. Not Voldemort's fault Harry just stood there and watched.

Dumbledore attacked him with the water bubble so don't act like he was just on the defensive the entire time.

You have no proof that Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. I guess by your logic not using an avada kedavra means less power. LOL.

Dumbledore beat an inferior dark wizard to Voldemort years ago. He didn't beat Voldemort. Voldemort knocked him on his ass and dictated most of the fight. This is all despite the fact Albus wielded the most powerful wand in existence.

The vid corroborates everything I have said. You just made something up by saying Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. That's what we call a baseless claim.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 02:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
That's completely incorrect. It was two wizards against one and Voldemort still stayed. Not Voldemort's fault Harry just stood there and watched.

Dumbledore attacked him with the water bubble so don't act like he was just on the defensive the entire time.

You have no proof that Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. I guess by your logic not using an avada kedavra means less power. LOL.

Dumbledore beat an inferior dark wizard to Voldemort years ago. He didn't beat Voldemort. Voldemort knocked him on his ass and dictated most of the fight. This is all despite the fact Albus wielded the most powerful wand in existence.

The vid corroborates everything I have said. You just made something up by saying Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. That's what we call a baseless claim.

laughing out loud only you would argue that a person not fighting counts as a fighter.

While constantly having to worry after Harry's safety. We see him glance back in concern during the duel. His focus was split.

HP lore. If you did a moment of research, you'd know this. Only you would think restricting yourself from using an instant death spell in a fight wouldn't put someone at a disadvantage.

That dark wizard was second only to Voldermort in the dark wizard world and he was armed with the elder wand at the time.

The vid shows Voldermort making an "oh shit face" after he realizes Dumbledore's still a badass and he flees. So you're wrong.

Dumbledore > Voldrmort, even if it's by a fraction. You're just going to have to accept that your favorite had a better, vid proves it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 29th, 2013 at 02:46 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 02:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
laughing out loud only you would argue that a person not fighting counts as a fighter.

While constantly having to worry after Harry's safety. We see him glance back in concern during the duel. His focus was split.

HP lore. If you did a moment of research, you'd know this. Only you would think restricting yourself from using an instant death spell in a fight wouldn't put someone at a disadvantage.

That dark wizard was second only to Voldermort in the dark wizard world and he was armed with the elder wand at the time.

The vid shows Voldermort making an "oh shit face" after he realizes Dumbledore's still a badass and he flees. So you're wrong.

Dumbledore > Voldrmort, even if it's by a fraction. You're just going to have to accept that your favorite had a better, vid proves it.
Voldemort was taking Harry on and then Dumbledore jumped in. Voldemort stayed despite Albus telling him more are on the way.

False. He knew Voldemort was going to break out of the water sphere so he pushed Harry back. His attention was always on Voldemort.

This is the movies version. At no point does it ever mention or allude to Dumbledore limiting himself in terms of overall power. So wait so you're saying anyone who has used the instant death spell is more powerful than Dumbledore ? so based off of your logic Goyle is more powerful than Dumbledore since he used the death curse. laughing out loud

Off camera and not as great as Voldemort per Albus's own words. Voldemort being better and being at the disadvantage of taking him on with the most powerful wand in existence. You can't escape from it. It's unbelievably awesome.

No, he is standing over Harry taunting him as Albus looks on fearful because he can't do anything about it. Voldemort leaves after the aurors arrive. Dumbledore needed backup.

Voldemort>Dumbledore. Dumbledore had the most powerful wand ever and he still looked inferior power wise and Voldemort's power feats shit all over Albus'.

Voldemort is unquestionably number 1.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2013 03:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by quanchi112
Voldemort was taking Harry on and then Dumbledore jumped in. Voldemort stayed despite Albus telling him more are on the way.

False. He knew Voldemort was going to break out of the water sphere so he pushed Harry back. His attention was always on Voldemort.

This is the movies version. At no point does it ever mention or allude to Dumbledore limiting himself in terms of overall power. So wait so you're saying anyone who has used the instant death spell is more powerful than Dumbledore ? so based off of your logic Goyle is more powerful than Dumbledore since he used the death curse. laughing out loud

Off camera and not as great as Voldemort per Albus's own words. Voldemort being better and being at the disadvantage of taking him on with the most powerful wand in existence. You can't escape from it. It's unbelievably awesome.

No, he is standing over Harry taunting him as Albus looks on fearful because he can't do anything about it. Voldemort leaves after the aurors arrive. Dumbledore needed backup.

Voldemort>Dumbledore. Dumbledore had the most powerful wand ever and he still looked inferior power wise and Voldemort's power feats shit all over Albus'.

Voldemort is unquestionably number 1.

Agreed cool

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 04:16 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

36 minutes in the Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix special part which covers all movies up to this point it verifies Voldemort is the greatest wizard of the age. They even say Dumbledore agrees. Feel the burn naysayers.

Old Post May 2nd, 2013 05:40 AM
BellaMario

I agree with you guys you are right

Old Post Jul 6th, 2013 01:59 PM
BellaMario is currently offline Click here to Send BellaMario a Private Message Find more posts by BellaMario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BellaMario
I agree with you guys you are right
I am right.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 06:14 PM
Vensai

Albus, Tom, and Gellert were probably three of the strongest in the verse depending on how people powerscale the founders of Hogwarts.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2013 09:15 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gwizdo87

This is an interesting post and i think it's a bit hard to answer...

I will talk just about Harry Potter's Wizards.

Like everyone knows, Voldemort had great power and knowledge, specially in dark magic. On the other and Dumbledore had wisdom and he was the one wizard, before Harry Potter, you could face off Voldemort. Of course Dumbledore couldn't kill him because the horcruxes.

And, the years passed and Harry Potter cames to kill Voldemort.
But, besides that, Harry learned too much over the years and he proved to be wise and brave.

I think that Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody was a great Wizard too. McGonagall stands at the same place, she was so awesome..

So, there is my answer with no conclusion about who's the best wizard of all time, Dumbledore or voldemort.

Talking about the movies, the best representation of wizard was Bellatrix Lestrange. She made me get nervous and frustrated everytime i saw/see the movies. I loved her role in the all HP saga.

Finally, here is the podium:

1. Dumbledore/Voldemort
3. Grindlewald
4. Snape/Alastor Moody/McGonagall
7. Harry Potter
8. Bellatrix Lestrange /Sirius Black
10. Hermoine Granger

(sorry if my english isn't good, i tried my best) big grin

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 01:25 AM
Gwizdo87 is currently offline Click here to Send Gwizdo87 a Private Message Find more posts by Gwizdo87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by Gwizdo87
This is an interesting post and i think it's a bit hard to answer...

I will talk just about Harry Potter's Wizards.

Like everyone knows, Voldemort had great power and knowledge, specially in dark magic. On the other and Dumbledore had wisdom and he was the one wizard, before Harry Potter, you could face off Voldemort. Of course Dumbledore couldn't kill him because the horcruxes.

And, the years passed and Harry Potter cames to kill Voldemort.
But, besides that, Harry learned too much over the years and he proved to be wise and brave.

I think that Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody was a great Wizard too. McGonagall stands at the same place, she was so awesome..

So, there is my answer with no conclusion about who's the best wizard of all time, Dumbledore or voldemort.

Talking about the movies, the best representation of wizard was Bellatrix Lestrange. She made me get nervous and frustrated everytime i saw/see the movies. I loved her role in the all HP saga.

Finally, here is the podium:

1. Dumbledore/Voldemort
3. Grindlewald
4. Snape/Alastor Moody/McGonagall
7. Harry Potter
8. Bellatrix Lestrange /Sirius Black
10. Hermoine Granger

(sorry if my english isn't good, i tried my best) big grin

Harry is not above Bellatrix. And Moody was defeated by a Death Eater who lost to Flitwick.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 02:00 AM
Gwizdo87

Originally posted by Vensai
Harry is not above Bellatrix. And Moody was defeated by a Death Eater who lost to Flitwick.

But, i don't think that implies that the Death Eater is better then Moody..

The previous post was just my opinion..

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 02:40 AM
Gwizdo87 is currently offline Click here to Send Gwizdo87 a Private Message Find more posts by Gwizdo87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Moody lost a duel. Even Crotch and Peter managed to get the jump on him. He doesn't have much feats except for hype.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Aug 12th, 2013 02:44 AM
Soundgun99

Re: Top 10 Wizards of All Time

I'd have to have Merlin in there since the high order of wizards is named for him.

Originally posted by Zack Skywalker
what do you think

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:45 PM
Soundgun99 is currently offline Click here to Send Soundgun99 a Private Message Find more posts by Soundgun99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by ares834
I disagree. This thread is the about the most powerful wizard, not which wizard has the most powerful wand.

He's right just because someone had the elder wand doesn't mean he would automatically win. For instance dumbledore defeated grindlewald who was the true master of the elder wand at the time

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 12:10 PM
EmperorSidious2 is currently offline Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

I believe bellatrix and shape are better than moody

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2015 08:01 PM
EmperorSidious2 is currently offline Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote