KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Total Recall Remake

Total Recall Remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll go to see it and I'll masturbate furiously to Kate Beckinsale which shouting Allah Akbar in the front row whilst stuffing my face with popcorn covered in mustard like I always do.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 01:33 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

Can't wait.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 02:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Verhoven's movie was bad for you......in what way?

I mean, entertaining, yes, but bad in that I couldn't take it seriously. You could?

Originally posted by roughrider
How is it more faithful to Dick, if Mars never gets mentioned or used in this film? That's what I've heard.

Wait, there's no Mars in the remake?? This is an outrage. You sure they're not just saving it for us to see later? Probably in the real trailer..? But I guess I wouldn't be surprised, since having Mars in a film seems to doom the film from the start.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 03:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

This movie was made in Toronto last summer? I remember they made a casting call for people who look like freaks...lol Made on what I like to call hooker street, a street where hookers line up in the night...hehe

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 03:40 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by rudester
This movie was made in Toronto last summer? I remember they made a casting call for people who look like freaks...lol Made on what I like to call hooker street, a street where hookers line up in the night...hehe

I actually didn't notice the film getting made in Toronto. Just like the Incredible Hulk several years earlier, they got on & off locations quickly.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 04:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass, and my guess is this one will too. Mars isn't even in it. Arnies one is great. I just can't see Collin Farrel going nuts and killing people while he's in the recall chair.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2012 06:32 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass,

Yeah but take a look at who was involved with that one.....Marcus Nispel.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 06:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I will wait for video, the new Conan movie sucked ass, and my guess is this one will too. Mars isn't even in it. Arnies one is great. I just can't see Collin Farrel going nuts and killing people while he's in the recall chair.

Yeah but take a look at who was involved with that one.....Marcus Nispel.

Yeah, I don't think Len Wiseman is a bad director at all. His style was perfect for the Underworld movies, I thought. That suited him very well. I thought his style was a little too over-the-top for Die Hard, but it wasn't horrible. But yeah, if Mars really isn't involved with this, then that might be disappointing. My guess is that Hollywood is growing fearful of Mars stories, which is a shame, cuz I kind of like Mars.. erm

Old Post Mar 31st, 2012 04:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I mean, entertaining, yes, but bad in that I couldn't take it seriously. You could?

I could take it seriously

but then were talking about you....you find alot of things funny.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 02:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 03:38 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

looks dope.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 03:39 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by marwash22
looks dope.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 06:31 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

If there's no triple boob chick or Mars, then count me out.. thumb down

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 02:22 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
If there's no triple boob chick or Mars, then count me out.. thumb down

quote:
Sounds like they may have gone back to the source material (We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Phillip K. Dick). In the novella, he doesn't go to Mars in the course of the story, but does have memories of it

does'nt go Mars.......so yeah seems like they're sticking more to the story.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 07:36 AM
Blinky
Android First Class

Red Box.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 01:54 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Purple Box.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 05:14 AM
GonzoMcFonzo

I'll be honest, I'm having a really hard time getting outraged over this particular remake. As has been said in this thread already, it's not like the original was some masterpiece of film making. It was a good popcorn movie that, for me at least, only rose above the pack because of how well they managed the ambiguity of weather or not he was dreaming.

I still have some reservations, but as long as this movie manages to recreate that ambiguity(i.e. not shove the answer down the audience's throat) I think I'll probably enjoy it.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 07:10 PM
GonzoMcFonzo is currently offline Click here to Send GonzoMcFonzo a Private Message Find more posts by GonzoMcFonzo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by GonzoMcFonzo
I'll be honest, I'm having a really hard time getting outraged over this particular remake. As has been said in this thread already, it's not like the original was some masterpiece of film making. It was a good popcorn movie that, for me at least, only rose above the pack because of how well they managed the ambiguity of weather or not he was dreaming.

The original is great because Mars is extremely RED. Blindingly so.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 06:13 PM