KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman vs the black goon in Batman '89

Batman vs the black goon in Batman '89
Started by: Doc Ock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Warning Batman vs the black goon in Batman '89

Did anyone really hate that fight scene in the climax of Batman '89, where Batman basically gets the living hell kicked out of him by some generic thug of Joker's?

Worst part is that Batman doesn't even fight back. Strong contender for one of the worst fight scenes ever put in a comic book movie.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 04:15 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Well in his defence he did have to walk up to the top of the tower in his bulky suit after being involved in a plane crash, I would imagine he would be a bit beaten up before he got there.

Plus it would have been boring if he just walked through everyone considering the limitations of his suit. The goon had freedom of movement, Batman didn't.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 07:30 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

I kinda agree with Lord Shadow Z. We have to remember he was just involved in a plane crash a few minutes ago. But that still doesn't explain how he managed to catch the black goon's head with his legs and kill him. If he was injured from the plane crash, he couldn't have done that. Maybe he just forced his body for that one moment.

Batman getting beat up by the black goon wasn't my huge issue with that scene. My biggest issue with it was how the black goon got in that church. The Joker didn't know that Batman would crash his batwing right there. So did he order his henchmen to stay in the church just in case Batman happens to crash right there?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 01:39 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spidermanrocks

Batman getting beat up by the black goon wasn't my huge issue with that scene. My biggest issue with it was how the black goon got in that church. The Joker didn't know that Batman would crash his batwing right there. So did he order his henchmen to stay in the church just in case Batman happens to crash right there?

Well Joker certainly intended to shoot him down and he did draw him down the street that led to the church. As for the goons being there I think its plausible. The street might have been too crowded with police for a pickup by the helicopter, thus needing the church as a safehouse/escape route.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 06:48 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loplez

Hell yes I hated it. If they really wanted to show a human side to batman, they could have done it in a way that at least left us with some respect for his abilities. No batman I recognize would just stand there like a gimp and let some nobody make him his *****, injured or no.
Not so much a "fight" scene as an @$$ rape scene, and that sure ain't what I want to see when I sit down to watch a so-called superhero movie.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 08:35 PM
Loplez is currently offline Click here to Send Loplez a Private Message Find more posts by Loplez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

^ Thank you. My sentiments exactly.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2014 04:21 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote