KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Project Cronus (OOC and Registration)

Project Cronus (OOC and Registration)
Started by: Arsenic Synn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenic Synn

Project Cronus (OOC and Registration)

Project Cronus

The year is 2093, A.D. For years, now, the government has been taking in individuals they deem as "high risk" for experimentation dealing with biogenetically re-engineering their DNA structures to create the ultimate super-soldiers. Within the last three years, the results have proven, to say the least, promising. Further testing to see what the subjects' thresholds for their powers and the usage therein began under the code name "Project Cronus," referring to the Greek Titan of legend, Cronus being chosen as it brought forth the birth of ten unique individuals, their old selves forgotten, who would be named for the Twelve Olympians, in reference to the powers they now had. Testing was inhumane, cruel in the sense that they would on a daily basis be pushed to the brink of death in the "danger room" sequences suited to their individual strengths and weaknesses. But what the government didn't take into account was the rest of the myth. In Greek legend, the Olympians eventually overthrew Cronus, taking it upon themselves to forge a new destiny. Thus would be the fate of these subjects. The twelve have escaped the facility, and now live on a day to day basis, constantly on the run, as their tormentors make it a daily point to track them down... Dead or alive.

General premise of the RP revolves around the twelve main characters:
Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Hades, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus and Hermes.

Each will have a specific power based on the "gods" they represent, and for the sake of argument, I'll list those in a bit.

You're on the run, so drawing a lot of attention is not something you would want to do. You want to blend with society, to the best of your ability. Of course, that's not to say that occasionally, the agents after you will not find and engage you. Epic battles are to be expected in this RP, considering the powers and whatnot, and the fact that they will be the twelve's ONLY SAVING GRACE in a fight. No use of guns, etc by the twelve. They have powers for a reason. Use them.

I will, of course, be expecting some people to play as the government's lapdogs sent to chase the twelve down, and I do find it to be an entertaining notion that perhaps some of these agents will have powers of their own. I will not shoot that down, should you decide to make it so, just don't be too ridiculous. (i.e. Invulnerability)

PROJECT CRONUS
Zeus - Electrokinesis. He controls electric charges, EMP blasts, lightning.

Hera - Enhanced strength. Hera was known for her temper, so I think this project will logically be the berserker, no?

Poseidon - Hydro/Cryo Kinesis. Basically, he controls water and ice, bending them to his will.

Demeter - Biokinesis. As the goddess, Demeter, was most attuned with nature, I have opted that basically, she can alter her genetic coding to resemble another person or an animal at will. Shapeshifting, in short.

Athena - Telekinesis. Moving things with her mind is the best I can do with Athena. As the goddess of war (her brother, Ares, being the god over it) I didn't have much to work with here. Sue me.

Hades - Nightmarish Visions. Hades has the ability to force upon enemies the worst memories, or nightmares, as it may be, they have/can imagine. This spawning from the inspiration being Lord of the Underworld. (NOTE: I am well aware Hades was NOT considered one of the Olympians as he spent most of his time in the Underworld, but to Hell with it, I'm not using Dionysus.)

Apollo - Photokinesis. Apollo was known for riding his chariot across the skies, bringing forth the sun every morning, or the moon at night. As such, I have chosen to give him the powers of light manipulation, allowing him to use light particles around him to go from as little as lighting a dark alley to as much as a blinding flash that will stun nearby enemies.

Artemis - Bloodlust. Artemis was goddess of the hunt. Bloodlust is simple enough: The more she kills, the more she wants to continue the primal desire to destroy. So far, the only one known to bring her out of this is Hades, for reasons unknown.

Ares - Matter Manipulation. Everything this man touches becomes a weapon, so long as the length and weight do not increase. Example: He picks up a 17" lead pipe, and wants to change it into a sword of some kind? He can make a 17" (or shorter) sword from it by expending a bit of his aura into the pipe.

Aphrodite - Seduction arts. Aphrodite, a goddess in and of her own caliber. In mythology, she was known for her beauty, thusly giving me the incentive to say Seduction is perfect, no? Think of it as her own way of brainwashing enemy soldiers into doing whatever she wants, be it attacking their own, or simply leaving the scene altogether. (NOTE: For the love of god, don't misuse this and tell someone else's character to kill themself. It will be overridden, and they will continue to live, unless the player deems that they are okay with their character dying, i.e. a public statement in the OOC thread.)

Hephaestus - Pyrokinesis. Already used weapons creation for Ares, so to Hell with it, Hephaestus can control fire with his mind.

Hermes - Enhanced Speed. Hermes was known for being Messenger of the Gods, thus deeming the power of enhanced speed some thought, here. Think like the Flash in DC Comics.

Of course, if anyone is interested, please do feel free to let me know, and if anything needs any more explanation, I will be more than happy to answer PM's or to post more info here.

These are the characters called thus far, and who has called them:

Hades - Myself
Artemis - KitsuneOni
Zeus - MadMel
Apollo - Hitosu Moriko
Athena - starryknight
Ares - Bladewind
Aphrodite - Venomancer
Medusa (Government Agent) - DangerousBeauty

My character will be posted next, as well as a blank sheet, so everyone can see what we're working with.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:41 AM
Arsenic Synn is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenic Synn a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenic Synn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Edit: every time I put twelve, I meant ten. Sorry for the confusion, all.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:47 AM
Arsenic Synn is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenic Synn a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenic Synn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Character sheets will be as follows:

Name:
Powers: (go more indepth if you'd like on the main ten, or if you're doing your own character, feel free to post their powers here.)
Appearance:
Bio:

And now for my character -

Name: Project Hades (Hades)
Age: Around 21, one of the younger members of the Project
Powers: Nothing has changed from the above stated
Appearance: Well, it won't let me post the pic, so here you go, remove the spaces in the link and it should pop up. ht tp://f c06.deviant art.net/fs70/f/2010/126/4/4/Bird_of_Prey_by_Sei_ten.jpg
Bio: Born and raised in the heart of the city, his parents were killed in the inner-city riots when he was young. He then spent a year or two raising himself on the streets before he was picked up by a government official named "Diaz" and brought to the labs. He's been there ever since, his memories before the facility completely wiped from his mind. He only considers one of the others a friend, Artemis, who tried to keep him in line during the countless years of testing. Now, all he knows is that survival is rule number one on the outside, and those who cross paths with him will find themselves regretting it shortly thereafter.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:53 AM
Kitsune Oni
Kishi

Name: Project Artemis
Powers: Blood lust: Basically increases her speed, agility, and critical hits.
Appearence: see pic
Bio: Her father worked for the government as a spy and her mom a house wife. A few months Artemis's 2 birthday an anonymous tip was given that he was a spy and shortly after he went "missing." Her mother was grief stricken and eventually turned to drugs. Artemis was removed from he mother around age 3 by the government and went almost straight into Project Chronus. Depsite being in the Chronus lad most her life she is still some how optimistic and keeps a smile on her face. It is said that she was the closest they had got to achieving their goal of the ultimate soldier.

Attachment: gift__shennille_by_wen_m.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

The person deficient in resisting [The pain that] most people resist, and are able to resist, is soft... --Aristotle

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 05:44 AM
Kitsune Oni is currently offline Click here to Send Kitsune Oni a Private Message Find more posts by Kitsune Oni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Approved, mon ami.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 05:55 AM
DangerousBeauty

Name: Medusa
Powers: She can turn anyone and anything to stone with a single touch. And, if you were to look into her eyes then you would find yourself paralyzed. This leaves her oponents frozen and free to touch.
Appearance: http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.....jpg?1285780582
Bio:
"The Medusa was the daughter of Phorkys and Keto, the children of Gaia (Earth) and Okeanos (Ocean). She was one of the three sisters known as the Gorgons. The other two sisters were Sthenno and Euryale. Medusa was the only mortal out of the three. She was once very beautiful and lived far in the north were the sun didn't visit. Being very curious, she wanted to see the sun, and asked the Goddess Athena for permission to visit the south. Athena refused to allow her to visit. The medusa got angry and dared to say that Athena hadn't given her permission because she was jealous of her beauty. that was it! Athena was angered and punished her by turning her hair into snakes and cursing her by making her so ugly that who ever lookes at her eyes would turn into stone."

Medusa hd a disease ever since she was born. Her disease was in her mind. She knew she was ugly. She hated herself to the point where she embraced hr horrible appearance (shes actually very beautiful) and made herself into a dark gothic woman. Her dreads represent the snakes the original Medusa was given. She wears a mask to hide her horrible, ugly face. She wears lots of clothes to protect people and keep them from turning into stone. And she never looks into anyones eyes. Her childhood was full or suffering until she learned how to keep people safe. Now shes and agent.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 06:31 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Approved, DB.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 06:52 AM
starryknight

Name:Project Athena
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
Powers: Telekinesis she is able to move objects with her mind and can lift 20 tons with this power. she can also levitate herself allowing herself to fly.

Bio: On the day Athena was to be born her father went mad accusing her mother of cheating on him and for that her father attempted to kill Athena's mother. The man took his own life and the woman held on to hers with everything she had, as fate would have it some one heard the screaming woman. The woman was rushed to the hospital and the baby was saved but unfortunately for both the woman died giving birth, the last anyone seen of the baby was when a man dressed in black came and picked her up. Athena's only has memories is of the lab she grew up in with the horrible testing that nearly pushes her over to death but she remains strong and focused knowing one day she would soon be set free.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 08:27 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

I love the Bio, starry. Approved. By the way, folks, will open the actual RP in a day or so. Waiting for a few more to sign in here.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 08:38 AM
MadMel
Heh

Name: Project Zeus
Powers: Electrokinesis - Lightning blasts, EMPs, Shaping lightning into different form temporarily (like a weapon, or shield, of a body projection) teleportation (only within ten metres of himself).
Appearance: http://sepopculture.files.wordpress...ovie_poster.jpg
(Older, and with white-blond hair)

Bio: Project Zeus was an orphan, picked up from the orphanage by Cronus. He has lived with Cronus his entire life. As time went on he became joined by other people, all of whom were experimented on, as he was. Following the path of the mythical Zeus, Project Zeus became a leader of sorts to the the others. It was Zeus who orchestrated the escape, so that his comrades could at least attempt a 'normal life'. Even now, on the run, he feels responsible for the others, no matter how the feel about him, and checks up on each of them often. Despite caring about the others like a father or older sibling, Zeus does have a nasty temper, and will snap if pushed too far, even if by his own brethren.

How's that. I was a bit pretentious with the 'leader' and 'planned the escape' stuff, but that's how it happened in the myth. stick out tongue

Last edited by MadMel on Nov 20th, 2010 at 09:15 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:09 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Name: Project Ares (Ares)
Powers: Ares has the power of turning anthing into a weapon that he touches as long as weight and length do not increase.
Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)
Bio: Ares was the son of a professional killer. His father had him trained in different fighting styles from an early age. There wasn't any real love between them. To his father, Ares was somebody who only deserved respect when he had killed his first man. To Ares, his father was somebody who he blindly followed, deep inside he knew that it was to gain a sign of fatherly love. But it never reached that point in their father-son relationship. After a few years, the father attempted and failed to assassinate an important politician. He was to be executed by the electric chair. Ares was grabbed from the current hideout nearly immediately afterwards. Now, his only memories of that time are his excellent fighting skills and the mysterious figure that he had wanted to impress. For a while he thought that it was the lead scientist but he soon realised that it was somebody else, but who?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 03:51 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Both approved, both well done. And Mel, Zeus being leader and orchestrating the escape works perfectly. I'm glad to know I'm amongst others who know the myths. -nods- I have to say, this is already looking better than I thought it would. We'll be starting the RP thread tonight, folks!

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:40 PM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Name: Project Aphrodite ( Aphrodite )
Powers: Seduction arts. Aphrodite abilities my seem weak when compared to her fellow Projects but this isn't so.

Offensive:
Limited mind control by emitting lust within a enemy.( She could cause these enemies to simply fight each other, aid her, or simply leave her alone.)

Defensive:
Illusion shape shifting( Because everyone has their own Idea of the perfect person Aphrodite has the ablity to appear completely different to everyone who see's her. Thus enabling her to blend into a crowd. Note doesn’t work with cameras.

Appearance:

According to some Aphrodite eyes can shift back and forth from green to blue.

Personality: Depends on the point of view of others. Some might see "Dite" as a self centered egotistical cruel harlot. Others might see her for what she truly is. Kind, Loving, Polite. Though she has her moments like any other person were it's all about her, most believe she is suppose to be perfect but she's far from it. Like her Mythological counter part Project Aphrodite is no stranger to one night stands.

Bio: Aphrodite was born into a extremely wealthy family though at the age of 3 both her father passed away of natural causes and soon after her mother due to the grief she suffered from the lost of her beloved husband. Raised by the loyal butler and maid of the family Aphrodite grew up with the better things of life. At the age of 13 the family butler finally spilled the family secret to the local police in fear that Aphrodite might learn of the secret ,and take up the lifestyle. A now the upcoming overseer of one of the most illegal drug operations within the country. The government now had it's chance to take it down. Currently Aphrodite has little memories of her previous life, in fact only lavish things are locked within her memory. It seems the government had to do the absolute worst to alter her personality to fit that of the Greek Goddess. Once she hit the age of 18 it became a living hell on earth. Unlike her fellow projects she was the nightly affection of a different agent every night being “thought” as they called it the hidden arts of Love . Now in a twisted way Project Aphrodite knows art of Love, and Seduction.

Skills: Great dancer/Acrobatic, Sweet talker

Note: Aphrodite’s girdle will not be used due to the fact she is able to use it’s powers within the rp as her base power

Attachment: dite-1.jpg
This has been downloaded 95 time(s).

Last edited by PsyrenAviance on Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 11:00 PM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Define "Tonight" stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 02:58 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

A well-done Aphrodite, as well. Alright, folks, I suppose this is where I let you all know that I'm about to go open the RP thread, and I'll post back here to report in once it's open.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 05:32 AM
DangerousBeauty

so are you just gonna send me pms when you want me to attack or post?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 05:35 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

Nah, feel free to post as you see fit. I'm not gonna trry to delegate anything upon anyone. Just go with the flow and see what happens. Also, the thread is open.

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 05:42 AM
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

i'll post soon

~Decretum~

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 07:29 AM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Hope I got the atmosphere inside the group right...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 02:08 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai100

Could I join as Hephaestus?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 02:32 PM
Samurai100 is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai100 a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote