KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (62): « First ... « 60 61 [62]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 03:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't mind the principle behind people getting paid for their work. However...

In Skyrim modding, there are certain mods that are absolutely essential for a large majority of the modding community. How many people mod Skyrim and don't use SkyUI, for example? That's gonna be behind a paywall now.

Thankfully, SKSE and FNIS aren't behind any such wall at the moment, and don't look like they'll be going that way, but it is a worrying precedent.

My belief is that this is a pre-emptive move though, and that Bethesda (who seem to be more behind this than Valve tbh), are doing this so that when they announce Fallout 4 shortly, it will be able to take advantage of this new system.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi

thumb up

That video is rapidly coming to compliment the oft-used Hitler one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 03:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So, it seems Steam are not going to go ahead with this after all, and will be stopping the sale of mods and closing down the storefront.

Long live Gaben, it seems.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 12:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Thank ****

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 06:08 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Rumors spreading like wildfire there's a Skyrim Remaster going to be announced at this year's E3. What's everyone's opinion if this is true?

Personally, I just want it backward compatible.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 8th, 2016 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 06:56 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Sounds shitty. I can already make it look ridiculously good with mods and it would likely look better than the "remaster".

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 07:28 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Make a new game, we don't need more Skyrim.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 07:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Am torn. On the one hand, love me some Skyrim and I don't have a PC capable of playing it with mods.

On the other hand, move on Bethesda, it's been 5 years.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 12:12 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If your PC can play vanilla skyrim then you could still utilize a number of mods. Not all mods alter graphics, some alter gameplay or just add new items and quests.

The best mods for these games are not the ones that make cosmetic changes. Well at least for Skyrim anyways. For Morrowind yes cosmetic mods play a big role, but for Skyrim there is a lot of stuff out there.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2016 12:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Looks pretty good for consoles. Plus Mods. F***in A.
I hope they fix that god-awful frame-rate that was present in the last gen versions. Then I will actually get this.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Jun 13th, 2016 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 03:42 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

And players who bought the Legendary Edition or Skyrim+all add-ons on Steam get a free upgrade to the current-gen version.

F***

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:19 AM
ares834

Ah, that's pretty cool. I doubt I'll ever go back to playing the game thoroughly though.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
And players who bought the Legendary Edition or Skyrim+all add-ons on Steam get a free upgrade to the current-gen version.

F***

Skyrim was highly anticipated for a backward compatibility update. Now it seems that won't happen. The least Bethesda can do is have Gamestop give us a large discount when we trade our old 360/PS3 discs toward the newer version. That's what Naughty Dog promoted when they did a remastered edition of The Last of Us.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 13th, 2016 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:28 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Skyrim was highly anticipated for a backward compatibility update. Now it seems that won't happen. The least Bethesda can do is have Gamestop give us a large discount when we trade our old 360/PS3 discs toward the newer version. That's what Naughty Dog did when they did a remastered edition of The Last of Us.

The Last of Us Remaster came out little more than a year afterwards though. This is 5 years later from the game original release date and used copies of the game cost a mere 5 dollars...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:35 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
The Last of Us Remaster came out little more than a year afterwards though. This is 5 years later from the game original release date and used copies of the game cost a mere 5 dollars...

I wouldn't expect to see Skyrim on sale much going forward, so grab it while you can, I would say.

I own the legendary edition, but I honestly don't know what this will offer me that mods already haven't.

Maybe a 64-bit executable will help, though. Dat ram.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 12:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean this is meh to me. I suppose if I didn't have a PC to run Skyrim I'd be excited to play it for the mods on consoles, that to me would be the main appeal, graphical upgrades are eh.

One must have mod for me is if you have Dawnguard I use a mod that prevents so many damn vampires from randomly attacking cities. Sometimes these vampires will murder people you can buy shit from, etc.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 01:32 PM
Jmanghan

Anniversary Edition just came to Switch, modded Skyrim on the shitter is gonna be fun as hell.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2022 02:55 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote