KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Movie Versus Forum rules - Please Read!!!!!

The Movie Versus Forum rules - Please Read!!!!!
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Movie Versus Forum rules - Please Read!!!!!

Welcome, everyone, to the Movie Versus Forum! Here is the place where you may all pit your favorite movie characters together, beit singular fights or team based. I feel that this may become a thriving place, and I want everyone to have as much fun as possible while posting in here.

However, let's be clear on the rules of the MVF so we do not have any mishaps and/or clutter:

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums.

If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal.

MOVIE FEATS ONLY!

1) Remember to use the KMC Search Engine before making a new thread. If you are aprehensive about a topic that may or may not have already been made, please feel free to PM me and I will gladly let you know.

2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads.

3) ALL KMC rules and regulations still apply in the MVF. Violators will be dealt with in a proper manner by the moderator.

4) 1 vs 1 vs 1 matches are allowed. I used to not allow it, but I quit caring a loooong time ago. Enjoy.

5) If you want to make a respect thread, then, by all means, use the Movie Character Respect Forum to make any respect thread that you wish.

6) If somebody makes a thread and only posts "I'm bored. Pick one", or "Who's gonna win?", the thread gets closed. Period. However, if you start the thread in a more proper manner, like this for example:

"Robocop vs. Terminator: One is a cyborg cop and the other a cybernetic organism designed for killing. Which of these two would win?

-Robocop's feats are (explain his feats) and Terminator's feats are (explain his feats).

-Here are some images of both characters in a fight. [insert pics here, but must be relevant to the topic.]

-So based on this info provided, who wins?"

This is an example of one of the right ways to start a Vs. thread.

7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

8) Characters from televised movies are allowed for versus matches, but characters from an actual TV series are not allowed, since, obviously, the tv series is not a movie. Characters who have appeared on both television and on film (Star Trek, 24, etc) are allowed for versus matches. Star Trek, for example, has numerous tv shows of different franchises as well as motion pictures and it seems only fair to allow feats from both in versus matches. Remember, though: Characters who have appeared on television ONLY cannot be used in the Movie Versus Forum. That is why we have the All Versus Forum.

9) An important reminder: This is a movie character versus forum, not an actual forum to decide "which movie is better than the other". Remember that when you make new threads.

HAVE FUN!! This is a new forum, and let's make the most of it!

-Impediment

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 11:37 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've always tried to let people run free in my section of this message board. I consider myself to be a laid back mod who wants people to have a good time debating and posting here without censorship or wagging fingers telling someone to stop. We're all grown ass adults here, many of us reasonably educated with a sense of right and wrong. I want you to feel free to share opinions and have fun and challenging debates here, but with just a little bit of humility.

My unofficial rules are simple:

-NO HATE SPEECH! Anyone using racial slurs, religious bashing, sexuality slurs or bashing will be instantly banned permanently. No three strikes shit. First offense hate speech gets your ass gone.

-Absolutely no personal attacks on family members e.g. wives/husbands, children, dead relatives, et al.

-No cruel or personal attacks on KMC members e.g. disabilities, current situations, hardships, et al.

-No unnecessary flaming, baiting, or derailing in and of threads so as not to obscure the debate at hand. If you feel the need to bait or flame or just be a c0ck weasel to someone, GO TO THE OFF TOPIC THREAD OR USE PM. It's not that hard.

As far as the reports on personal attacks and other childish remarks made by some in the MVF, either hit back with some witty shit like they're doing to you or put that person on ignore. If you don't know how to put someone on ignore, then ask me and I'll be happy to guide you.

I will NOT hold anybody's hand or administer baby powder to a case of Butt Hurt. I'm not going to take sides or spank bottoms of certain members. I'm here to help all of you to the best of my abilities, but I'm not a f*cking wet nurse.

Defend yourself! Hit back with a snide remark! Just don't be overly cruel or mean. Don't derail the thread! Keep the debate going with a little fire in your belly! The biggest thing I've seen is that a lot of people here can dish it out, but can't take back what they've dished out.

IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT, THEN DON'T SERVE IT!

If you truly feel attacked or uncomfortable, then either remove yourself completely from the thread/debate or put that person on ignore. Easy as pie.

If you have any questions, complaints, or remarks feel free to use the MVF Social Thread or send me a private message (PM).

I'm tired of people sending me PMs and reports about the silliest shit imaginable. Have fun, guys. I mean that. Just don't be so goddamn light skinned or easily offended like a delicate snowflake to the point where you feel the overwhelming urge to mash the report button FIFTEEN F*CKING TIMES IN ONE DAY (yes, it has happened).

Critical feedback on my mod technique is very welcomed.

You are all a bunch of queers, and I love you.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 10th, 2018 at 12:11 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 04:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote