KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!

Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Less than satisfactory closer as far as epicness is concerned, but not bad.

I enjoyed this season better than the last two. It seems to be increasing in quality as they get a feel for things.

Digging the Mon Cal appearances in the trailer. Not sure how I feel about the Jedi(?) Besalisk with two double-edged sabers. Feels very... fanboyish.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 09:03 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I totally agree with that last statement, I saw that wand facepalm'd.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Because a cowboy bountyhunter or a mutant monster maul knockoff weren't fanboy oriented....

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

just missed the edit

....Or Grievous for that matter. Lucas isnt creative to come up with a new character. He just adds more lightsabers. This isnt a new concept.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope. more of the same.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 07:07 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
Because a cowboy bountyhunter or a mutant monster maul knockoff weren't fanboy oriented....
There's kind of a difference, though. Greivous and his fighting style actually makes a bit of sense, and the cowboy alien isn't really out of place either. The Maul clone is retarded, and duel wielding saberstaffs just doesn't make any sense.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Come on. Grievous makes no sense to me. There was no reason for Maul to have a saber staff, but they just did it because it was the way to make him seem badass and toe to toe with Vader's mythos.

Same with Ashoka or Starkiller having 2 sabers. Its just to make them different and more advanced. Frankly, I'd love to see an episode demonstrating that a single blade in a pure form can be a superior weapon.

Grievous makes no sense at all. And its no more blades than dual staffs.

Also, dual staffs have been used before in games etc, its not a new concept (dont get me wrong I dont support it), its just a crazy one being endorsed by Lucas.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 02:17 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

They all make sense. In fact all of them, sans Grievous' four swords style, are actually designed from real weapon styles. They all have some form of actual, practical use.

Wielding two staffs, or spears, is not practical and does not make any sense. no expression Out of all the fighting styles we've seen so far, having a staff in each hand is the one that has a ridiculously higher chance of killing yourself instead of your opponent. lol. The rest are at least somewhat realistically viable.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2011 03:40 AM
queeq
Chaos

Four swords style designed from REAL weapon styles? Who TF handles four swords at the same time in our universe??

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:19 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by queeq
Four swords style designed from REAL weapon styles? Who TF handles four swords at the same time in our universe??

He said "sans Grievous' four sword style"

sans... it's old English... actually old French... actually Latin no expression

It means without, in absence of... not taking into account

big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:31 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I made the same mistake and wrote a whole rebuttal. Then I noticed it and just deleted it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:33 PM
S_D_J
Bane

laughing

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:01 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by Ordo
Frankly, I'd love to see an episode demonstrating that a single blade in a pure form can be a superior weapon.

AOTC: Dooku vs Anakin.

And I agree, double saber staffs are a bad idea and clearly just a bone thrown to the fanboys...

On a side note, Grievous' 4 sabers may have found their origin in a similar way, but it actually makes sense for him to compensate his lack of Force usage, by using 4 sabers to make stuff harder on his opponents...

Last edited by Hybris on Apr 8th, 2011 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

whoa wait... I don't really watch TCW anymore because it totally lost me the first season but... how did this episode go? because I'm curious, and I might watch it, lol.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Haha, I confused you noobs with my stellar engrish. I'm so awesome.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 06:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Quite...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 07:11 AM