KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?

Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Keaton was the best Batman.

Bale was the best Bruce Wayne.

Conroy is Batman.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 08:58 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bale is the superior actor, and plays both sides of the coin better than Keaton did imo.

Bale is better in general, imo.

this thumb up

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 04:44 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

None NONE!!!!! of those mentioned hold a candle to Quahog's own Adam West

EOT!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 09:10 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You gotta seriously take into account just how heavy & bulky Keaton's Bat costume was.

Keaton could only walk stiffly in it, not run. He couldn't crouch at all & could only kick stiff legged. And lastly let's not forget the dude couldn't turn his head either.

In my opinion he played a bloody good Batman regardless of all the restrictions he was handicapped by.

Actually, Keaton wasn't in costume for most of the time (during the action scenes). But I still agree that he played a good Batman.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 09:51 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I feel it should be pointed out that Clooney is in every way a great actor in his own right. Just wasn't the right kind of guy who should've been hired to play Batman..

he is ugly as hell so no way in hell should he have been hired. laughing

his looks for the party were even MORE so wrong than keatons were. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 07:14 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

How is Clooney ugly?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 07:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

wow, this thread has actually lasted two pages..

LMAO..

How is Clooney ugly?

don't tell that to elisabetta lol

besides until someone else comes along which shouldn't be for a very long time Bale is best on screen and Kevin Conroy is best for the cartoon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 07:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

How is Clooney ugly?

he's not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 09:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Mr Parker
he is ugly as hell so no way in hell should he have been hired. laughing

his looks for the party were even MORE so wrong than keatons were. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
How is Clooney ugly?
he's not.
Seriously, 3 dudes debating another dude's looks.

I may have to close and bin this thread now!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 01:36 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, just saying.. I know some rather ugly folks/actors when I see them (regardless of gender), and Clooney certainly ain't one of them. No homo.

They could've at least tried to make him look remotely more like Bruce Wayne though (which in turn might've made up for the bat nipples and what not), but I guess that would've been asking too much out of the Batman & Robin movie wouldn't it?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 06:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Badabing
Seriously, 3 dudes debating another dude's looks.

I may have to close and bin this thread now!

I guarantee you if i looked hard enough, i'd find a post of yours that was much worse.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 03:23 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Keaton- Batman- most iconic.

Bale- Wayne- Already achieved it in American Psycho.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 04:27 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Actually, Keaton wasn't in costume for most of the time (during the action scenes). But I still agree that he played a good Batman.

True, I understand about the various stunt doubles used in all the Batman movies.

I also think Bale is on par to Keaton's Batman...but as bulky a costume Keaton had, I think Bale's costume was a bit flimsy at times.

I hated the thin-ness of Bale's costume around the neck. Yeah it enabled him to turn his head side to side but it also made him look like he had a huge bubble head in some scenes.

In TDK, as dramatic as Batman interrogating the Joker was meant to be, I just couldn't take it seriously because of Bat's huge head in the close-ups.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 02:22 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Eh, just saying.. I know some rather ugly folks/actors when I see them (regardless of gender), and Clooney certainly ain't one of them. No homo.

They could've at least tried to make him look remotely more like Bruce Wayne though (which in turn might've made up for the bat nipples and what not), but I guess that would've been asking too much out of the Batman & Robin movie wouldn't it?
Take it easy. I was joking.
I guarantee you if i looked hard enough, i'd find a post of yours that was much worse.
Orly?

Maybe it's time I go to the Superman forum then!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 03:32 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

True, I understand about the various stunt doubles used in all the Batman movies.

I also think Bale is on par to Keaton's Batman...but as bulky a costume Keaton had, I think Bale's costume was a bit flimsy at times.

I hated the thin-ness of Bale's costume around the neck. Yeah it enabled him to turn his head side to side but it also made him look like he had a huge bubble head in some scenes.

In TDK, as dramatic as Batman interrogating the Joker was meant to be, I just couldn't take it seriously because of Bat's huge head in the close-ups.

I actually dislike all of the Batman costumes used in live-action except Keaton's. I never liked the Batman costumes in Nolan's films whenever they would be around too much light. However, Batman spent most of his time in the shadows and in other dark areas in the two movies. And the costume looked great in darkness IMO. So even though I didn't like the Batman suits, you can't clearly see them for most of the time because they're mostly in dark areas (where they look good in) so I don't have a problem looking at them. But I do agree that in scenes such as the interrogation scene, the costume didn't look good due to so much light turned on in that room.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 06:15 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I actually dislike all of the Batman costumes used in live-action except Keaton's. I never liked the Batman costumes in Nolan's films whenever they would be around too much light. However, Batman spent most of his time in the shadows and in other dark areas in the two movies. And the costume looked great in darkness IMO. So even though I didn't like the Batman suits, you can't clearly see them for most of the time because they're mostly in dark areas (where they look good in) so I don't have a problem looking at them. But I do agree that in scenes such as the interrogation scene, the costume didn't look good due to so much light turned on in that room.

Yeah the real problem I had with TDK was that Batman appeared too much in well lighted scenes namely the bank vault, Wayne's party for Harvey then the interrogation room with the Joker.

And to top it off Bruce doing re-con James Bond style in Hong Kong. Then investigating the building to find all the cops that were tied up with their uniforms stolen...it was a scene that was clearly off character for Bruce Wayne to do.

I really had a problem with TDK & to this day can't bring myself to watch it again.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:23 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by the ninjak
Keaton was my favourite Batman. And his look pacticularly looked spot on.
Kilmer was a good Bruce. But his and Clooney's Batman were terrible.
Bale's Batman is a gritty realistic version. His voice made sense because people would be able to voice track him otherwise. I always laughed at the other Batmen having the exact same voice as Bruce.

But Keaton's Batman knew when to shutup when kicking ass.

Pretty much.

I also want to say Burton captured Gotham better than Nolan.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 11:47 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Yeah the real problem I had with TDK was that Batman appeared too much in well lighted scenes namely the bank vault, Wayne's party for Harvey then the interrogation room with the Joker.

And to top it off Bruce doing re-con James Bond style in Hong Kong. Then investigating the building to find all the cops that were tied up with their uniforms stolen...it was a scene that was clearly off character for Bruce Wayne to do.

I really had a problem with TDK & to this day can't bring myself to watch it again.

Actually, the Hong Kong scene was important to the story for 2 reasons:
1) It establishes the cellphone sonar thing which comes into play later in the movie.
2) It is there to show that Batman will always get the criminals that the cops of Gotham can't. It is there to make the mob in Gotham fear Batman even more.

I know what you mean. When I first saw the movie, I also found that scene stupid. But I've come to accept it since I understand that Bruce can't go out as Batman during daylight.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 06:51 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Pretty much.

I also want to say Burton captured Gotham better than Nolan.

Based on what?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:50 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Based on what?

His opinion?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 05:12 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote